gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
19,739 posts
7.1 Years
Would anyone be interested in a game that's kind of vanilla, but the number of votes everyone gets during each day phase varies by RNG?

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
19,739 posts
7.1 Years
It'd depend i think.

If you had a range from 0-4, then maybe (perhaps different ranges for each roles), but it could get complex quite quickly
I was thinking more like I'd RNG at the beginning of day and then that many people would die in the lynch or something like that.

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
19,739 posts
7.1 Years
Oh right:/

What if you got less lynch targets than was RNGd?
RNG from everyone tied on zero votes?

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
19,739 posts
7.1 Years
I don't know... how exactly is this gonna make things interesting? I imagine the roles will be picked based on this mechanic.
I've only got the basic concept atm. I'm open to suggestions I guess.

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 21
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
6,371 posts
8.5 Years
Im okay with this

Ullion

Simic Synthesis

Male
Canada
Seen September 17th, 2017
Posted August 18th, 2017
4,681 posts
13 Years
I don't think it's a good idea. Randomness is something I try to limit in mafia games. Player-created randomness is one thing, but the GM shouldn't make it too difficult to discern what is happening.
On a mechanical level, I agree - mostly because basic things you want your players to know what happened and stuff you explain in the rules/mechanics and such in the OP. But I do believe, game-dependent, that things could be left obscure at times to make things interesting - so long as it is done in a balanced manner... which is easier said than done.
Advertiser Content