• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To be honest, I'm more concerned about GF trying to follow a theme for each region, as it's usually the reason why there's a lack of diversity on certain types and why some of the animals/plants/objects/myths we like to see as Pokemon are never picked. You have no idea how many people want to see a dolphin Pokemon, but no, because the region's theme somehow doesn't fit with the animal's appearance.
The zoo theory could lead to its appearance...

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
To be honest, I'm more concerned about GF trying to follow a theme for each region, as it's usually the reason why there's a lack of diversity on certain types and why some of the animals/plants/objects/myths we like to see as Pokemon are never picked. You have no idea how many people want to see a dolphin Pokemon, but no, because the region's theme somehow doesn't fit with the animal's appearance.
With that thesis, one could argue that Hoenn would have been the perfect region for a Dolphin Pokémon.

Years
I still think there's not been a dolphin Pokemon because in Japan some people still hunt dolphins and it's too controversial for Game Freak to want to get involved in. I don't think regions or generations or themes have much to do with what designs they go with.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I still think there's not been a dolphin Pokemon because in Japan some people still hunt dolphins and it's too controversial for Game Freak to want to get involved in. I don't think regions or generations or themes have much to do with what designs they go with.
They HUNT dolphins? I am so saddened that such a beautiful animal could be treated in this fashion.

Cyclone

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Wait what, we're talking about dolphins again? Haha and yes, Hoenn would have been the perfect region for it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Right I saw that dolphin movie in science...it made me so...
But yeah Hoenn was the best in terms of climate for one...and technically Kyogre is an Orca which are related to Dolphins irc so Hoenn did sort of have one and it's a legendary too lol.

I'm hoping we get some river based creatures, I'll like to see several fish based Pokémon...that are useful. Also I see a return of Magikarp in the dex.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Right I saw that dolphin movie in science...it made me so...
But yeah Hoenn was the best in terms of climate for one...and technically Kyogre is an Orca which are related to Dolphins irc so Hoenn did sort of have one and it's a legendary too lol.

I'm hoping we get some river based creatures, I'll like to see several fish based Pokémon...that are useful. Also I see a return of Magikarp in the dex.

I see Magikarp's Revenge return to the Pokédex as well, especially as it was in the trailer.

gSpartan150

Intermediate Johto Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I heard that there may be character customization, genetic changing, etc, etc. If you haven't noticed; in the Japanese logo has a gene-strand symbol.

I also don't feel ready for this Gen.
I like the starters. Especially Froakie (why do they hate Froakie ;w;)
The good thing about this is the international release at around the same time.

I don't have a 3DS yet though, still with my Black DSi D:
Must save till then, I guess. I hope they release a 3DS - Pokemon X/Y bundle xD

Yeah I like Froakie too. I don't see why they hate Froakie. :D

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
The Bug Catching Contest? That could be interesting... I also would like the Pokemon Contest to make a return, because I haven't bought the DPP versions at all. So, yeah, more contests for the next generation would please me.

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe there could be some sort of Contest/Event that allow you to capture interregional Pokemon which occurs early in the game. Similar to the Bug Catching contest but allowing you to capture Pokemon from the other regions such as Cherubi, Sunkern, Tropius etc.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
As far as catching contests go, a fishing contest isn't too much of a stretch and hasn't been done before (we've only covered a bug catching contest for Gen II). However, this would also mean the return of those previous gen fish Pokemon besides Magikarp along with Gen VI's own fish Pokemon to unnecessarily increase the number of Water types in the regional dex.

The Bug Catching Contest? That could be interesting... I also would like the Pokemon Contest to make a return, because I haven't bought the DPP versions at all. So, yeah, more contests for the next generation would please me.

If there's any hope for me to see Dawn again in the anime, then that's what I want to see returned for XY.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope they include events like the Bug Catching Contest. Maybe a fishing competition?

And a park, a lovely park so I can frolic in the pretty flowers with my Pokémon and blah blah blah...

Yeah I want a bug catching contest too. It was lots of fun in the original Johto games and if day/night makes a return like we'll hopefully see it'll be very awesome. Imagine bug catching at night with the stars ~above~ you!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also that fox looks like the R (idk letter R was related to her name) girl owned in Digimon series three which would've also made it unlikely to be real. :x buuuuuut other mons have been similar to Digimon before I guess.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Also that fox looks like the R (idk letter R was related to her name) girl owned in Digimon series three which would've also made it unlikely to be real. :x buuuuuut other mons have been similar to Digimon before I guess.

Rika, from Digimon Tamers and Renamon. Which...most people are saying that worst case scenario is Fennekin's final form is Fire/Fighting looking like Renamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back