• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Basic Question about Tilesets

YTBlargg

Lost Puppy
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
Hey everyone! I wanted to have one of my routes be a swampland area. I noticed in the field tileset that there were some swampy trees and bushes peeking up above the grass. I was wondering what I should have as the tile that falls under them. (In terms of like how grass is the tile that falls under the trees) It would preferably be something the player could walk through, as I want them to go through the swamp. Thanks.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
I think for those, either place the swamp tile first and walk over it. Or, place a passable white tile under the swamp tile. Try both and see what works for you.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If you're referring to these:

LX1EwWt.png

They come from the Safari Zone, and are used in place of some missing border trees. All these tiles are not passable by default. The Safari Zone uses regular grass for its walkable areas, which isn't swampy as you're wanting; I don't think there are any swampy tiles in the tilesets that come with Essentials.

Back