• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ANALYSMASH - Smash Bros. Series

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Super Smash Bros. is considered to be one of the best franchises of all time! And I see no reason to argue against them!

I'm UltraNerdtendo64 (or "Ultra - Retro Reviver" as I prefer. I'm unsure if I can change my name on PokeCommunity). And this is AnalySmash. A series where I go from character-to-character, level-to-level, song-to-song (Yes. I'm that insane), and see where the have originated from! I try to upload AnalySmash videos weekly on my YouTube channel Ultra - Retro Reviver. Or if you want, I will keep on posting each video for the AnalySmash series as it goes on!

They will be spoilered to try and keep this post as clean as possible!

If you plan to see everything, a link to the playlist is right here.

CHARACTERS
Spoiler:

Hope you guys enjoy this series. I am Ultra - Retro Reviver signing out, and I will see you all, next time!

Last edited:

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
EDIT: 25/04/2014
> Added Princess Peach, Bowser and the Mario and Luigi updates.
> Embedded the YouTube Videos
> Added section for Donkey Kong Characters

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
You're super hard to understand; you slur your words and speak far too quickly sometimes. (No, it's not your accent) Having a hard time figuring out why anyone would want to watch this.

You also might wanna change the name. Or keep it. Either way it's hilarious, really.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think this would count as a sort of review or guide to using these characters and where their movesets came from, so I'll move this to the subforum we have for Let's Plays, Reviews and Guides. Seems to fit it better than the main section.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Thanks for the criticism as well as putting this in a more fitting subforum area!
I'll try to clear up commentary stuff in the Diddy Kong episode since that is next episode and I have to record that. Again, thanks for the criticism and putting this in the guides sub-forum.

UPDATES - 30/4/2014
> Added Donkey Kong

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I sure have been lazy, 'eh? I've been meaning to put up Wario but I just can not be bothered editing him yet. So here's Yoshi and Diddy Kong.

Edits - 30/05/2014
> Added Diddy Kong
> Added Sub-Spoiler for "single franchise" characters.
> Added Yoshi

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
"We'll know if you've been slacking off." - Isle Delfino Police Department, Super Mario Sunshine
Well, I have been slacking off with this topic... a lot. I just updated it to now have more characters. The characters I have added are....

Wario, Link, Princess Zelda, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers, R.O.B.

Some characters have also been updated.
Mario has been given two updates.
Luigi has been given two updates.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
I watched a couple videos and the content is pretty interesting. Reminds me a lot of Did You Know Gaming?, but a lot more in-depth. My suggestion is to frame it as something like a trivia/factoid show. I don't know how you would go about that, but right now it just seems like you're throwing fact tidbits at the viewers. Edit in more text to organize your/the audience's thoughts.

You have a good voice for commentary. But as wakachamo said, you slur your words very badly. I don't mind the speed at which you speak (e.g., Caddicarus talks super fast), so long as you can enunciate everything clearly. Talk with your diaphragm/chest (like flexing your abs) so that you sound clearer and more confident, which sometimes you sound like the exact opposite. Part of that might be the audio track. Sounds like you're pretty far from the mic, so get closer, and maybe think of compressing a little to equalize the volume between loud and quiet words. Perhaps boost the low/low-mid frequencies to get a more natural speaking voice. I can also hear your voice bouncing around in your room, so think about treating it to get better acoustics.

Despite that, I would totally be interested in watching your videos if you made changes. You clearly have potential :)

Also, make us laugh!

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
You're super hard to understand; you slur your words and speak far too quickly sometimes. (No, it's not your accent) Having a hard time figuring out why anyone would want to watch this.
- wakachamo
You have a good voice for commentary. But as wakachamo said, you slur your words very badly. I don't mind the speed at which you speak (e.g., Caddicarus talks super fast), so long as you can enunciate everything clearly.
- Shhwonk

While I am fluent in the English language, I do have a tendency to slur my words and speak fast. It's a bit of a habit I've been since I was much younger, and am trying to grow out of. I recorded the commentary for the next episode, and I believe that I didn't slur my words as much as I previously have in past recording sessions.

Also, make us laugh!
- Shhwonk

I know it's not the most comedic thing there is, but honestly, I'm not that well-versed with humour, but I am giving attempts to humour is some more recent videos. I remember in the Smash 4 update of Luigi that I said "Obviously, this is fake because Luigi always wins by doing nothing" in reference to one of Luigi's taunts coming from losing a minigame in Mario Party 2, in which the controller was not touched.

...so that you sound clearer and more confident, which sometimes you sound like the exact opposite. Part of that might be the audio track.
- Shhwonk
I try to sound as enthusiastic as possible. I think the most enthusiastic I sound would probably be the Link episode that I recorded with a friend. I also believe I sounded somewhat enthusiastic in the recording session that I done about a week or two ago for Kirby.

Thanks for the criticism. I'm going to take this all into account and try to cover all of these reccomendations in the next episode of that I record of AnalySmash (which will either be Peach Smash 4, or Meta Knight).
Thanks again for the criticism.
Have a good day.
- Ultra

Back