• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
My new Target is Chikorita since i just got all the Original pokedex complete in Leafgreen 1. took me 68 hrs 49 mins to do it with out cheating!

So Im hatching away until I get one good Shiny Chikorita.

It took me 37 trys for a Shiny Charmander!

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Congulations, Dragon! Fufu good luck! i'm thinking about making today's swarm [I haven't checked what] my target. Wish me luck

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Hey guys, long time no see. I don't really get on here that much ._. Anyways, I havent gotten any new shinies. I gave my Shiny Sceptile to one of my friends because I was going to start my Pearl game over and i didn't just want to delete him, at least he's going to a real Shiny Hunting nut (He has well over 75shinies, I counted) The shiny Sceptile is pretty ugly anyway.

Right now, I want to try to find me a Shiny Shroomish. The red Breloom looks so cool and Breloom is one of my favorite pokemon. This is gonna be fun to find....

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Shiny Chikorita in Leafgreen - Only 16 eggs Hatch'd till I got Him!
Plus caught a Shiny Spinerack in the Bug Forest lv 9 female. During my hatching process. Sweet Indeed.

Working on a SHiny Eevee now.

Years
@NocturnLeader: Three shinies in a single day? Two of which were bred, and none involving the magic of the Pokéradar? I'm sorry, but until you provide some evidence supporting these claims, you are denied admission to the club.

Congratulations on the Rotom, DS! Did you find him last night or something or is your DS's clock messed? I never had a fair chance at getting him with only 149 resets done as of last night! :( Maybe I should go back to Chikorita, but I'm really getting the feeling that shiny SRing is nearly impossible, at least in an expeditious manner, on Emerald version, thanks to the RNG discussion at Smogon.

However, on that note, another possibility does spring to my mind which could allow me to find droves of like-Natured shinies on Emerald at an incredible pace. It's basically the same thing as my "correlated ID" hunt last year. Supposing that the sample population that you're going to see when you soft reset has a size of a couple hundred. Since different trainer IDs cause shinies to result from different PVs, there has to be a trainer ID which causes one (or more) of the RNG clones out of that popuplation of ~200 to result in a shiny. If I can get such an ID (by restarting my game completely), I should be able to get that particular RNG clone to recur for different targets with fair ease (as in 1:200 ease). The main problem would be that each shiny would have the very same PV (including Nature and gender value), making them looked quite hack-like despite not being. I'd also have to scrap my current save file which I've done a fair deal of stuff on. I don't think I'll do this, but it'd be a cool experiment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well it's finally happened!

I got my secret shiny on Emerald which is... Beldum!

Nature: Sassy D:
HP 19
Atk: 11
Def: 13
Sp.Atk: 9
Sp.Def: 13
Spd: 7

This is my first shiny I've gotten via soft reseting, I was so close to reseting again, luckily i noticed it was silver. If anyone could give me a link to a site that calculates IV's other than serebii it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have pictures up at some point tomorrow, its 3:40 AM now, darn insomnia.

Years
Well it's finally happened!

I got my secret shiny on Emerald which is... Beldum!

Nature: Sassy D:
HP 19
Atk: 11
Def: 13
Sp.Atk: 9
Sp.Def: 13
Spd: 7

This is my first shiny I've gotten via soft reseting, I was so close to reseting again, luckily i noticed it was silver. If anyone could give me a link to a site that calculates IV's other than serebii it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have pictures up at some point tomorrow, its 3:40 AM now, darn insomnia.
Wow, congrats, what version was it on? Seeing as I've just discovered that SRing is near-impossible on Emerald, my hopes and dreams of shiny Beldum and Chikorita are somewhat dashed. I may try importing some of my hyper-IVed Chikos from Fire Red and continuing to breed.

Beyond that, I have a date with a Rayquaza, a Master Ball, and an Excel sheet, to determine once and for all if LoadingNOW is right about Emerald not seeding at all. I tried with Beldum but the stats at L5 are so low that there are too many collisions for meaningful results to be obtained.

Edit: Fufu, were any of your starter/legendary SRs done on Emerald with success?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yes, they were, actually.

On Emerald2 (the one I'm soft resetting for Latias on currently), I got shiny Torchic (you know how that went) and shiny Registeel. Both are Gentle, but they have different IVs. The notion that shinies from the same game have the exact same IVs all the time is a bit ridiculous. I can't believe that user was actually considering it to be true. -_- Oh, and MM, he said he caught it in Emerald. It's in his post, lol.

I'm starting believe finding shinies is "near-impossible". Latias hasn't come for a while, and I STILL haven't found a shiny on my other Emerald. I don't think I'll ever find shiny Latias on my older Ruby, so looks like I have to turn my attention towards my newer Ruby version, which I have absolutely no problem doing. I just have to get this durn shiny Mudkip (gotta complete the third gen shiny starter set =)), then I'll go straight to Latias.

Hatching for Manaphy and soft resetting for Mudkip for the rest of the night. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: My ID on my Emerald's are 62522 and 52849. The former is the one where I got my Torchic and Registeel.

Years
Which "user" are you talking about? The IVs of shinies can vary, of course, but what I'm trying to say is that if you successfully soft reset for more than one shiny on a single save file, it's very likely that such shinies are going to be "RNG clones" of one another. That is, they may be of different species, but they'll share the same nature, IVs, and gender values. (That's not to say "gender," since the male/female cutoff is different for different species, but it will usually mean the same gender, just not 100% and only if the gender ratios are different.)

Of course, the slower and more patient you are with your SRs, the wider the margin of distinct Pokémon you'll get, so it actually pays to not rush.

Edit: I did some data collecting on Rayquaza and it seems to confirm my fears and LoadingNOW's theory--re-saving your game on Emerald does NOTHING to shuffle the random numbers. We're doomed!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
SHINY MUDKIP ON MY RUBY VERSION.

It has a Careful nature. Here are its stats.

HP: 20
Attack: 12
Def: 10
SAtk: 9
SDef: 12
Speed: 9

I'm seriously shaking right now. I'll take pics soon.

MM, my ID is 00335, if that helps. I only did a grand total of 23 resets on this ID, if it helps.

I'm seriously afraid that my game will freeze soon, so I will finish killing this Poochyena, then I will take pictures.

Oh, yeah, one more thing...

AlL teh Hoen ShIneh StaRtErz Ish MIen!!!

Years
Oh, lovely, now I've really lost the starter race. This on top of the realization that I will probably never be able to get shiny Chikorita, mostly because for ALL of my past resetting for Chikorita, Beldum, and Treecko, I've only actually gone through a few hundred unique Pokémon.

I'll give breeding a try.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MM, I'm sure you could always buy a Ruby or Sapphire version...

Pics:

ShinyMudkip.jpg

Mudkipbattle.jpg

Edit: Is it just me, or are my pics getting progressively worse in terms of quality? -_-

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Congrats on Mudkip, Fufu. BTW did any of your Ralts have good IVs?

Still trying to chain Snover, but tried Rotom last night for a while. I was too tired however and I quickly fell asleep, with a half-finished can of Root Beer still next to my bed. Lucky nobody came into my room that night.

Back