• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Poor Australia, they always seem to get the games last, actually they're proably the ones who benefit the most from this world wide premire (well except GF and Nintendo of course, big money made) as they don't have to wait so long compared to the rest of the nations that get Pokemon games (still wonder about Korea's date though).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Poor Australia, they always seem to get the games last, actually they're proably the ones who benefit the most from this world wide premire (well except GF and Nintendo of course, big money made) as they don't have to wait so long compared to the rest of the nations that get Pokemon games (still wonder about Korea's date though).

I think Australia will end up getting the games on the Thursday after everyone else has got them. I can't think of a time where a new game hasn't been released on a Thursday.

Years
Eh, I don't think AUS would have to wait so long after the games release, I mean, the longest they would have to wait is probably a week or so after the games release to get them(or maybe a few days, really), but I can't imagine it to be much longer than that.

At least for the first time in a long time, Australia isn't getting the short end of the stick in this deal, as they can get these games not long after the US and Europe does.
Actually Australians will be some of the first ones to get the game if they do go ahead and do a international release all in the same day (but different hours) as they'll some of the first ones to hit the new day. Those of us who live in the western United states however would have to wait the longest...actually Australia might even get them before Japan considering it's like one hour or so ahead (eastern side).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So it would be Australia first, Japan second, Europe third, East US forth, and West US for the last...

..I don't know, I find that set-up pretty awkward. ._.
Well the timezones are like that, and last time I checked you can't fix em, eh? But its still all relative within a 2-3 day timespan, nothing new. What's really important is if the dates are early or late October. Early I can handle college would just have kicked in and it takes some time for it to get going, but late october, plus whatever else would be coming out? Too hard to handle.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
So it would be Australia first, Japan second, Europe third, East US forth, and West US for the last...

..I don't know, I find that set-up pretty awkward. ._.

What's awkward about that? It would still be on the same date, local time. That's just how the world works (or turns, for that matter). Any other set-up would be awkward for a simultanious release.

Say they decide not to use the date but release the game at the exact same hour as well. GMT would be a good choice to use. So the UK get to buy the game at 12:00, western Europe at 11:00. That would mean that Japan gets the game at 2:00. On the other hand: the USA (east coast) gets the game at 17:00, while Alaska gets the game at 21:00.
This wouldn't work. At all. Why have a game released during the night (in Japan/Australia) or in the evening (Alaska). Even during the day wouldn't work. Stores would just put the games on the shelf in the morning, like they always do with new releases. Such a timed release wouldn't work.

A world wide release date is the most logical option. On October xth local time you can buy the game. Some countries might get it ahead of you, other countries might get it after you. It's just the way timezones work.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm thinking Japan > Europe > America > Australia. I just have a feeling with the Region presumably being based in Europe, it will have an effect on the release order maybe. That was the order for Black & White so it could have a similar trend..

Years
I'm thinking Japan > Europe > America > Australia. I just have a feeling with the Region presumably being based in Europe, it will have an effect on the release order maybe. That was the order for Black & White so it could have a similar trend..
In that case Australia won't end up getting the game in the same day...which would go against the World wide release...I think it'll be fair for Australia to get them first for once (even before Japan). After all Unova was based on the United States yet Gen V came out in Europe first...(maybe the next generation will be based on Australia...)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I think it's localization that's the cause. It makes sense to translate the game fron Japenese to English first, after that's done the game can be released in North-America (I don't know what language games Canada gets). Next the games have to be translated to several different languages (French, German, Spanish, Portugese?). These are all European languages. Eventhough some countries get the English version (the UK, the Netherland and Belgium are the ones I know of), it doesn't make sense to release one version ahead of the other versions, so Europe has to wait untill all localized versions are done. (not counting the incident with Heart Gold in the Netherlands/Belgium)
And now for Australia. It gets the games last, because it's Australia. I can't think of a logical reason why Australia has to wait so long when the English version is already done.

blue

gucci
Years
Well the fact that Europe got BW before any of the other International areas shows that it's pretty erratic. I'd put money on Europe being first in line shortly after Japan which would be shortly followed by the rest.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh, Japan will always get the main games first I believe, since(as I mentioned before in a post somewhere), it's really all about the sales! Since the games sell the most in Japan, they usually get it first, so that's pretty easy to guess. The troubling part is which country follows afterwards, along with the rest, if that makes sense.

Isn't it a simultaneous release though? So maybe it doesn't matter for them what country gets the products first?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I'd love for the next gen to be based of Australia. I'd imagine it'd be similar to Hoenn.

I don't know what kind of native they will get since Australian animal are monsters themselves XP

blue

gucci
Years
I thought it was just a worldwide release in October. I'm probably wrong though.

It will be that, just not on the same day. I'd like to think that all countries wold get the game in a space of two weeks. So Japan starting on the 12th and then say Australia getting the games last but not long after on the 21st or something.

Years
It will be that, just not on the same day. I'd like to think that all countries wold get the game in a space of two weeks. So Japan starting on the 12th and then say Australia getting the games last but not long after on the 21st or something.

And now for Australia. It gets the games last, because it's Australia. I can't think of a logical reason why Australia has to wait so long when the English version is already done.

That's not exactly the case, based on the pattern of past games most of them saw Europe getting the games last, with Australia usually being in the middle.

The only times Australia came last in releases was with Red & Blue and Black & White, and they did get Gold & Silver before the US. I'm sorta speculating the pattern will be the same as most games - Japan > US > Australia > Europe.

In fact, here's the patterns based on the last few games (I'm counting Japan out since it's always first):

Red & Blue: US > Europe > Australia
Yellow: US > Australia > Europe
Gold & Silver: Australia > US > Europe
Crystal: US > Australia > Europe
Ruby & Sapphire: US > Australia > Europe
FireRed & LeafGreen: US > Australia > Europe
Emerald: US > Australia > Europe
Diamond & Pearl: US > Australia > Europe
Platinum: US > Australia > Europe
HeartGold & SoulSilver: US > Australia > Europe
Black & White: Europe > US > Australia
Black 2 & White 2: US > Australia > Europe

Notice how it's almost the same pattern? Australia usually almost always ends up in the middle. Even though some games had a big few months' difference with the international releases, it often ended up with the same pattern except for Red & Blue, Gold & Silver and Black & White.

I kinda wish it gets delayed a month. It'll come out just before my year 12 exams, it's like Game Freak wants me to fail.

I remember wanting to get Black 2 & White 2 for my birthday but after hearing the Australian release was after October 1st (my birthday) I had to get them for Christmas instead. I guess it'll happen again with X & Y as well, having to get them as Christmas instead of birthday gifts.

Every game I owned up to Black & White (and including Black & White) I did get on my birthday, probably cos they didn't have any release date for October.

Last edited:
Years
I'll still get them on the release day regardless. But I would rather have sleepless nights and unproductive days when exams are finished.

My mother never lets me buy stuff myself lol, I'll probably get them for Christmas like I did with Black 2 & White 2.

But yeah, interesting information I compiled into that last post of mine. I mainly got that information off Bulbapedia, since it's a reliable source of information. I also follow Serebii for any news-related items.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I was looking at Pokémon X and Pokémon Y as names and I have come to the conclusion that Pokémon Y, aesthetically, looks extremely awkward. Especially all by itself.

Pokémon Y...

So awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back