• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Pretty ok to hear that PUBG releases on PS4 Dec 7th!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Been playing an endless amount of Battlefield V. Game is actually quite good!

TY

I swear to god sometimes games can be so rigged against me it's not even funny.

Got banned in CS:GO for killing too many teammates even though 2/3 of those teamkills were completely random through a smoke.

I hereby denounce you Valve and directly undenounce you cause sales holy biscuits

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
So this is a thing...

19be1502e3795fe8cda3c7e08677ac0a.png

https://twitter.com/enterzalman/status/1066673325437579264

I'd be interested, I suppose. They did hint that we would be seeing more Zelda sooner than later on the Switch.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I see Runescape was mentioned here..... I want to reactivate my subscription, OSRS is genuinely so stress relieving to me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Ragnarok Mobile is prolly one of the better things that has happened in our country mainly since The Philippines was (and is still prolly is) a large portion of Ragnarok Online fans. It was that game that many of us grew up with, and now having a Mobile version of the game (which is a lot different than the old RO), feels a bit nice.

pkmin3033

Wow, this chat died a painful death in my absence.

So, to throw a topic out there, anyone here played Warframe and/or Path of Exile? I'm debating getting into one or both next year...likely the former more than the latter, because it's on the Switch, and I generally prefer playing handhelds. Plus Path of Exile is a 20GB PC download at least...

TY

I have played Warframe for some time on the PS4 and it was quite fun, although i never gotten too much into it cause i had no one to play it with

pkmin3033

I don't think I'd mind playing it by myself...I am generally very anti-PvP and PvE is hit or miss with me. I just thought it looked pretty good for an online game. xD;

That said, there's finding the time to play it...I have so much to be playing right now. Most of it on Steam.

TY

i like solo PvE, but the problem with games like Warframe is that they get stale so quickly solo for me personally.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I solo PvE in most games. It's why I never get to high levels. The grind just becomes horrible when you're doing everything by yourself. I'm not even high enough in D2 to do the new content now (and my favorite part is the only way still to get high enough is to continue to grind old content)

TY

D2's new content is a clusterfuck anyways not really worth grinding so hard for, the only reason I still grind is for the quest of a single gun that returns from the first game that has end-game power levels as recommended level

Arsenic

Years
Yeah but like... I payed for it. I thought it would have content for me to grind my level higher not have me be stuck at too low of a level to even use the content.

pkmin3033

Sounds poorly designed if you can't do it by yourself tbh...I mean, it's not difficult to scale difficulty in relation to the number of players you're with. Plenty of games do it these days, and it seems common sense even when your game is mostly (or even entirely) online.

TY

at least you have the other two to make up for the lackluster first DLC...

oh wait

the second isnt much better actually

Arsenic

Years
@dawn It's not a difficulty thing that's the issue. It's making grinding for 80 more levels interesting to do solo, which I think it just about an impossible task. Add that they added no new content that people who arent at level 600 to do and you're stuck grinding all the stuff from the last DLC to get up to par.

@ty I don't get what you mean...

TY

I mean if i have to believe what the 2nd part of the annual thing is about, you might aswell never buy salt for the rest of your life.

Gambit was the absolute worst idea ever.

pkmin3033

I seeeeee...yeah, repetition can get pretty tedious if gains are minimal and progress isn't tangible in relation to the amount of effort you put in. I have that issue with a lot of RPGs. If the reward isn't worth the effort, what's the point?

I think I have a higher tolerance for grinding than most because I can just switch off whilst I'm doing it, but if it's a lengthy (i.e. more than pressing the same few buttons) process and it takes hours to get anywhere, I tend to be put off too.

Back