• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
Paoloreaper, congratulations you absolute machine. I can't believe anyone would do this for my hack, I'm feeling so god damn honoured. Please do tell me if the event with professor birch runs smoothly, I've never actually playtested it legitimately!!
Yep that's right, you've beaten the game's creator in your quest to catch em all. Congratulations!!! I'm gonna be fixing a certain missing monster over the weekend. It might be included in the dex counter, so report back if the event doesn't seem to be happening and I'll show you how to fix it.
Spoiler:

OMG the honour is mine! Your hack is awesome and I loved it <3
The event works perfectly!
Spoiler:

On a related note, I'm replaying some stuff and I forgot about where
Spoiler:
Can you help me with that? My memory is fragile at times haha :(
Thank you for everything ! <3

Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
OMG the honour is mine! Your hack is awesome and I loved it <3
The event works perfectly!
Spoiler:

On a related note, I'm replaying some stuff and I forgot about where
Spoiler:
Can you help me with that? My memory is fragile at times haha :(
Thank you for everything ! <3

Good to hear it worked!

So the first but is something I can't seem to replicate. I haven't been able to fix it, so hopefully it was a one off? I'll give it a better look next time I'm home, I guess?

The ticket man is in slateport!

PATCH NOTES:
-cleaned up petalburg gym to be more navigable
-added a cool new puzzle in floor 2 of victory road. it's a bit of a masterpiece imo!
-the secret in victory road now respawns
-buffs for scyther, starters, shuckle, and eevee

Years
Good to hear it worked!

So the first but is something I can't seem to replicate. I haven't been able to fix it, so hopefully it was a one off? I'll give it a better look next time I'm home, I guess?

The ticket man is in slateport!

PATCH NOTES:
-cleaned up petalburg gym to be more navigable
-added a cool new puzzle in floor 2 of victory road. it's a bit of a masterpiece imo!
-the secret in victory road now respawns
-buffs for scyther, starters, shuckle, and eevee

The bug is not so critical, anyways. You don't need to enter there after collecting the item, but the bug is there, so I'm just letting you know :)

I'm gonna update to the latest version as soon as I can and will inform you if anything's wrong ;)

I'm gonna search for the guy then, but I can't seem to find him :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 28, 2017
Hey i am having an issue after giving steven the letter, mr. briney is just not there so am basically stuck. is there any way to fix this? or do i need to restart my game? i am just going to use the walk through walls cheat to get to slateport

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Hey I just beat the elite 4, great hack. However, I'm having trouble finding the tickets in Mt Pyre, I went to all the red tombstone and pressed a, but I still can't get passed the ledge? Found all others. Also, have talked to everyone in Slateport, no luck with the tickets either.

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Looks cool and interesting but making sheer cold's freeze chance 100% seems too OP to me tho. That 70% accuracy doesn't help

luuma

Years
Hey I just beat the elite 4, great hack. However, I'm having trouble finding the tickets in Mt Pyre, I went to all the red tombstone and pressed a, but I still can't get passed the ledge? Found all others. Also, have talked to everyone in Slateport, no luck with the tickets either.
The tickets aren't a script, you don't need to press A, all you need to do is walk past all of the orange graves in order by the shortest number of steps possible, then go directly to the door. I can send you a picture of how the puzzle works if you like?

Hey i am having an issue after giving steven the letter, mr. briney is just not there so am basically stuck. is there any way to fix this? or do i need to restart my game? i am just going to use the walk through walls cheat to get to slateport
This has happened twice now, so I'm gonna take a look, sorry for the late response #savebriney

Looks cool and interesting but making sheer cold's freeze chance 100% seems too OP to me tho. That 70% accuracy doesn't help
Freeze is about as strong as sleep in gen 3, it actually thaws out within three turns half the time (1-(0.8^3)). So in reality the new version of sheer cold is like sleep powder but with greater variance! Nobody learns it until fairly late on, so it should be fine.

Is this one finished? Thinking of playing it after FireRed Backwards Edition.
Yep, it's been finished since the start of the thread but I keep chucking in little tidbits here and there :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Just started but already enjoying it probably more then original. But, Have all the movesets been changed and moves added to some, because i would like to use scyther/scizor but i hate their gen 3 moveset?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Wow this is awesome! I really wanted to play 3rd gen but not just the same game that I've played a dozen times or ORAS, so this is perfect! I have one question, though. Is the main story line changed at all, or is it the same story, just changes to the areas and Pokemon? Also are any types changed, as well, and if so, who? You should really make a Pokemon changes list so we know the differences, but then again, figuring them out can be fun too. Thanks in advance for the response. I'm excited to start this one up.

luuma

Years
Just started but already enjoying it probably more then original. But, Have all the movesets been changed and moves added to some, because i would like to use scyther/scizor but i hate their gen 3 moveset?
All movesets have been spruced up a little bit, I'm pretty sure every pokemon has at least one new move in their learnset somewhere. The only exception is ditto.
Scyther/scizor's moveset in the next patch:
Spoiler:

Wow this is awesome! I really wanted to play 3rd gen but not just the same game that I've played a dozen times or ORAS, so this is perfect! I have one question, though. Is the main story line changed at all, or is it the same story, just changes to the areas and Pokemon? Also are any types changed, as well, and if so, who? You should really make a Pokemon changes list so we know the differences, but then again, figuring them out can be fun too. Thanks in advance for the response. I'm excited to start this one up.

By one question I think you mean two XD
The storyline is changed a little but a lot of it is similar. I rewrote archie and maxie completely and changed the order you visit the towns to keep it fresh. Emerald's storyline is actually quite different from oras to start with though so you should have fun.

There are loads and loads of type changes, some are listed in the first post but here's a complete list:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 2, 2020
By one question I think you mean two XD
The storyline is changed a little but a lot of it is similar. I rewrote archie and maxie completely and changed the order you visit the towns to keep it fresh. Emerald's storyline is actually quite different from oras to start with though so you should have fun.

There are loads and loads of type changes, some are listed in the first post but here's a complete list:
Spoiler:

Oh wow so there are quite a bit of changes! Awesome! I'm also really glad my boys Tropius and Bannette got some love, what a great idea! This seems great. As far as I can tell there are stat changes, too, yes? Anyways I've played a couple hours of it and it is fantastic. I love the starter choices (went with Crawdaunt bc he's a beast), the additions to all of the towns, and the newer different look to everything. Great job!

luuma

Years
Oh wow so there are quite a bit of changes! Awesome! I'm also really glad my boys Tropius and Bannette got some love, what a great idea! This seems great. As far as I can tell there are stat changes, too, yes? Anyways I've played a couple hours of it and it is fantastic. I love the starter choices (went with Crawdaunt bc he's a beast), the additions to all of the towns, and the newer different look to everything. Great job!

Thanks for the first impression! If briney suddenly vanishes then please tell me, I really need some more info on that bug!

Should I patch this onto a U or UE rom? Or does it not matter?
I've been patching from a us rom (U) but it should work on both since the patch doesn't change any of the stuff that differs between the two

I've just done another big ol patch, notes are
-lot of redone movesets for safari zone mons, horsea, ekans, skitty, poliwag line, and some more, e.g. wynaut gets bide at level 5
-Added some more tutorial text for the floor 2 puzzle in victory road
-Added a sneaky a f ice puzzle on floor 3 of victory road
-Fixed the weird stuff with the trade centre because emerald is emotionally unstable
-might just have fixed the blackout in birch's lab, the event now only occurs once birch is out of his lab
-steven now forces briney appear when you give him the letter
-poliwhirl evolves via moon/water stone
-the egg in lavaridge now hatches into a togepi instead bc wynaut is already pretty common

Last edited:

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Thanks for the first impression! If briney suddenly vanishes then please tell me, I really need some more info on that bug!

I've been patching from a us rom (U) but it should work on both since the patch doesn't change any of the stuff that differs between the two

I've just done another big ol patch, notes are
-lot of redone movesets for safari zone mons, horsea, ekans, skitty, poliwag line, and some more, e.g. wynaut gets bide at level 5
-Added some more tutorial text for the floor 2 puzzle in victory road
-Added a sneaky a f ice puzzle on floor 3 of victory road
-Fixed the weird stuff with the trade centre because emerald is emotionally unstable
-might just have fixed the blackout in birch's lab, the event now only occurs once birch is out of his lab
-steven now forces briney appear when you give him the letter
-poliwhirl evolves via moon/water stone
-the egg in lavaridge now hatches into a togepi instead bc wynaut is already pretty common

Its really awesome your so committed to updating your hack regularly but personally I hope it ends soon once all the major bugs have finally been ironed out and the last needed changes are made. I really want to come back and start a new game but only if its like THE final version. I don't like playing what I notice are fully completed hacks only to find out they keep getting major updates beyond it.

Not a complaint at all, I do 100% fully support your hack and any required updates you feel needs to happen after all!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2017
Can anyone help me out i carnt get to the 2nd gym its blocked by 2 boxes saying generator items

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Can anyone help me out i carnt get to the 2nd gym its blocked by 2 boxes saying generator items

Lmao I got a bit stuck there, too. South of Mauville there is a bridge above the lower box of generator parts that doesn't really stand out. Just go over that and head onto the bicycle path from there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Whats the earliest i can get a moon stone? I dont really want to level up eevee to far so umbreon doesnt miss learning any moves? Thanks

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2018
Hey, I really like this hack. It feels fresh and it's exciting to try different pokes again. But if I may make a suggestion, could you look at smogon (.) com/dex/rs/formats/nu/ ?

You've really made some of them fun to use but I would really love it if most if not all (even the not fully evolved ones) were somewhat viable. It's kinda sad that there's filler pokemon whose purpose is just to pad the 386 pokedex collection.

Back