Advertiser Content

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist

Male
Seen November 15th, 2017
Posted April 8th, 2016
79 posts
8.4 Years
Just a suggestion, but how about allowing the user to input a percentage instead of a numerator and denominator?
It would probably be more used-friendly that way.
I don't think it's a big difference personally. Numerator and denominator aren't pretty words but they just mean "fraction" in practice. Fractions can also achieve results that percentages can't, like 1/3 and 1/8.

I'd love to see Emerald support though. It'd be nice to actually see some of my edited shiny palettes in-game every now and then. (Shinyzer is great but it's geared more toward a Red Gyarados encounter than it is to making shinies more common in general.)

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
Just a suggestion, but how about allowing the user to input a percentage instead of a numerator and denominator?
It would probably be more used-friendly that way.
I'll add support for this, should be a fairly quick addition.

I don't think it's a big difference personally. Numerator and denominator aren't pretty words but they just mean "fraction" in practice. Fractions can also achieve results that percentages can't, like 1/3 and 1/8.

I'd love to see Emerald support though. It'd be nice to actually see some of my edited shiny palettes in-game every now and then. (Shinyzer is great but it's geared more toward a Red Gyarados encounter than it is to making shinies more common in general.)
I'll look into Emerald. Most likely the relevant part of the ROM base is the same between Emerald and Fire Red so the edits themselves will be similar, but there's quite a few offset to find. Most likely I'll have some time by the week-end.

EDIT: Turns out that adding emerald support could be done very, very quickly. The tool has this been updated to version 1.1!

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...

Age 26
Male
Takoabe Town (Region Thonsu)
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
1,346 posts
11.2 Years
I'll take a look tonight, watch this space!
Thank's. That was very great tool with ideal potential... If you found Ruby places. It was good. XD When you make it avaible for Ruby. I use it on my hack.
- My new Project comming Soon

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 24
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
607 posts
10.3 Years
I've been trying to open this problem for the past couple of minutes now and it doesn't work. It opens for like a second, and then closes again. What's happening? And why did you make it a program that has to use cmd.exe?
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
I've been trying to open this problem for the past couple of minutes now and it doesn't work. It opens for like a second, and then closes again. What's happening? And why did you make it a program that has to use cmd.exe?
Because making a Graphical User Interface for something like this seemed overkill. Anyhow, this shoud work:

-Put your ROM and the tool in the same folder.
-Go up one level and right click the folder while holding SHIFT
-Click the 'open command window here' option
-type the command in the cmd(see OP)

I might make a graphical shell sometime.

EDIT:

And when I said "sometime" I apparently meant "the very first moment I have some free time"... Anyway, enjoy!

Thank's. That was very great tool with ideal potential... If you found Ruby places. It was good. XD When you make it avaible for Ruby. I use it on my hack.
I have added Ruby support.

destinedjagold

Oh Hai Thar~

Age 28
Male
Philippines
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted May 6th, 2019
8,596 posts
12.3 Years
Thanks for providing support for Ruby, even though it's kinda not needed these days. xD
Anyway, I seem to be dealing with a problem. I cannot use the tool either by using the GUI or through the command line. I get this error message when I do so...
“ShinyCCGUI.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”

...And oh, my OS is WinXP. :P
(Yeah, I'm old school like that... >.>)

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
Thanks for providing support for Ruby, even though it's kinda not needed these days. xD
Anyway, I seem to be dealing with a problem. I cannot use the tool either by using the GUI or through the command line. I get this error message when I do so...
“ShinyCCGUI.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”

...And oh, my OS is WinXP. :P
(Yeah, I'm old school like that... >.>)
Well that's no good. I'll have a look at build profiles tonight, I'm not sure if this thing compiled as an x64 or x86 binary and I can't check from here.

destinedjagold

Oh Hai Thar~

Age 28
Male
Philippines
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted May 6th, 2019
8,596 posts
12.3 Years
I have recompiled the executable and GUI for x86 CPU, the link in the OP now points to that release. It's not likely that that extra x64 efficiency would be needed for this app anyway =p
Still saying that it's not a valid win32 application. :/

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
I wanna ask if this was intentional. Trainer's 'mons (on Ruby) can also be shiny. :P
This is a side effect of the patch in every version, I haven't found a way to circumvent it =p The game avoids trainer shinies by generating a PID that isn't shiny under the normal shiny rules, but my patch changes those.

FBI

Free supporter

Male
Unknown Island
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted March 30th, 2019
1,905 posts
6.7 Years

Actually, those numbers end up being rounded inorder to be supported. It'd have to be a 4 byte number at most. The reason why by default generation 3 games have such a low chance is because the math behind PID XoR SID <= 8 is a low chance when PID and SID are arbitrary 4 byte numbers. You simply can't achieve that kind of percentage with these kind of hacks, so the number is rounded instead. Most people would use this tool to increase the shiny rate, so percentage is a pretty good way to do it.

Also I don't know why people still use Shinyzer. That can practically be considered a bug seeing as it fails to create a shiny with actually random stats, that and it changes the random seed directly.

This is a side effect of the patch in every version, I haven't found a way to circumvent it =p The game avoids trainer shinies by generating a PID that isn't shiny under the normal shiny rules, but my patch changes those.
Actually it doesn't prevent that. The PID is generated only once, so you can encounter a shiny trainer Pokemon. The Make Pokemon function in the game is the same for trainers and wild Pokemon :P

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
Actually, those numbers end up being rounded inorder to be supported. It'd have to be a 4 byte number at most. The reason why by default generation 3 games have such a low chance is because the math behind PID XoR SID <= 8 is a low chance when PID and SID are arbitrary 4 byte numbers. You simply can't achieve that kind of percentage with these kind of hacks, so the number is rounded instead. Most people would use this tool to increase the shiny rate, so percentage is a pretty good way to do it.

Also I don't know why people still use Shinyzer. That can practically be considered a bug seeing as it fails to create a shiny with actually random stats, that and it changes the random seed directly.

Actually it doesn't prevent that. The PID is generated only once, so you can encounter a shiny trainer Pokemon. The Make Pokemon function in the game is the same for trainers and wild Pokemon :P
Oh really huh, I always assumed the pokemon of random trainers were guarded against being shiny. You can see I haven't gotten around to debugging that part =p

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Age 20
Male
Seen November 6th, 2018
Posted October 7th, 2015
409 posts
6.1 Years
Oh really huh, I always assumed the pokemon of random trainers were guarded against being shiny. You can see I haven't gotten around to debugging that part =p
afaik you're right

By the way, this line has no purpose but to get my post to 25 characters because PC likes having retarded rules.

Criminon

Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Male
California
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted February 14th, 2019
256 posts
7.1 Years
Despite me putting it on a 1% chance, I'm finding shinies like 1/6. Anyone else having this problem? Would love to increase chances, and I love the fact that trainer's pokemon can be shiny, however this just seems like its happening way too often.

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
180 posts
12.3 Years
Despite me putting it on a 1% chance, I'm finding shinies like 1/6. Anyone else having this problem? Would love to increase chances, and I love the fact that trainer's pokemon can be shiny, however this just seems like its happening way too often.
Hmm, have you tried putting in a numerator and denominator rather than a percentage? I have to admit that the percentage to two integers conversion function was implemented in a bit of a hurry so it might be misbehaving.

Splash

But nothing happened.

Male
Just use an Old Rod
Seen July 3rd, 2019
Posted November 24th, 2017
661 posts
9.9 Years
The tool didn't do anything wrong 1% is a high enough number as it is because the normal shiny rate is afaik 0.00625% so adjusting it to 1% is deemed really high. Try lowering it to 0.3 or 0.4%..

@TSK I found a bug where in the Pokedex shows only the shiny forms of the pokemon the player catches I hope you check it out sometime..
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE Splash ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
|VM|PM
|

Criminon

Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Male
California
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted February 14th, 2019
256 posts
7.1 Years
The tool didn't do anything wrong 1% is a high enough number as it is because the normal shiny rate is afaik 0.00625% so adjusting it to 1% is deemed really high. Try lowering it to 0.3 or 0.4%..

@TSK I found a bug where in the Pokedex shows only the shiny forms of the pokemon the player catches I hope you check it out sometime..
I've tried the lower parts as well. Just seemed a bit odd. And I'm not beleiving that 1/6 = 1% chance to find a pokemon. I'm really happy with the program existing, I just want to make sure I fully understand it before I impliment it into my hack. With the ranges. Are these ranges the ID numbers it can land on with a chance of it being shiny? I didn't quite understand it, so I didn't use that part.

Edit: I'm an idiot for not knowing numerators and denominators, ha.
Advertiser Content