• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I wanna help you, but I need to learn scripting aswell.
But I also have a question.
In pokemon emerald, all pokemon sprites are animated.
Well do how do I make a new pokemon animate as the other's?
Just in unzlgba ? or different way?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, I'm having a problem with Warps. This might sound very noobish, but I haven't done Warps much in the 2 years that I've been hacking (I kind of cheated ^.^).

Anyway, this is my Warping problem...

When I enter my cave, I appear like THIS. Downwards.

But, that's not the big problem... I just can't get back. The Warp is there, the Movement Permissions settings are the exact same as other caves in the game, but the warp still doesn't work.

there are two types of cave-ground tiles available in A-Map...
the one, which you used, is for a normal floor of the cave, the second one, very much identical, is for warps.

use the other one.
Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hey, y'all. I just need a little help. I've googled and everything, but it wont work.
Well, Sappy had an error about vbalCbEx6.ocx so I got it off some site.
But that one doesn't work. Sappy says it's outdated or something-or-rather.
Anyone know where I could get a new copy?

Oh, and there's also one about ActiveX unable to create object. Stupid Sappy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I have a trainer that, when you do something in the menu (use an item, change pokemon) and then exit the menu, you take control of him instead of the hero. Can anyone tell me how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me deleting him?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just deleted him.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, y'all. I just need a little help. I've googled and everything, but it wont work.
Well, Sappy had an error about vbalCbEx6.ocx so I got it off some site.
But that one doesn't work. Sappy says it's outdated or something-or-rather.
Anyone know where I could get a new copy?

Oh, and there's also one about ActiveX unable to create object. Stupid Sappy.

there's a link in the documents and tutorials for you to get Sappy.

I have a trainer that, when you do something in the menu (use an item, change pokemon) and then exit the menu, you take control of him instead of the hero. Can anyone tell me how to fix this in a way that doesn't involve me deleting him?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just deleted him.

yes, deleting is the only way I know so far. :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
This isn't too simple of a question, but...

I edited a gym leader's script and when I compiled it it looked fine. But when I tested it, half the code was deleted and not only does the leader not give you the TM (the script for it isn't there) but it doesnt clear the flags for the boulder badge (it doesn't give you the badge) and that's bad. If I try to add "clearflag" codes it just deletes them when I compile it. What's wrong?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I have NO idea. It kept happening to me until last night. xD
Maybe you've changed your script settings?

Time said:
there's a link in the documents and tutorials for you to get Sappy.
Wha? I didn't say I want Sappy I said I needed that file thingo.
I got Sappy from Magnius's music hacking tutorial thingo.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
This isn't too simple of a question, but...

I edited a gym leader's script and when I compiled it it looked fine. But when I tested it, half the code was deleted and not only does the leader not give you the TM (the script for it isn't there) but it doesnt clear the flags for the boulder badge (it doesn't give you the badge) and that's bad. If I try to add "clearflag" codes it just deletes them when I compile it. What's wrong?
I assume you're using XSE? When you add more stuff to an already existing script you must change the offset. All you need to do is add #dynamic 0x800000 at the top and change the offsets to a dynamic offset. For example change the #org 0x80814384 to #org @new.

I have NO idea. It kept happening to me until last night. xD
Maybe you've changed your script settings?

Wha? I didn't say I want Sappy I said I needed that file thingo.
I got Sappy from Magnius's music hacking tutorial thingo.
Hmm.. you might have registered the file incorrectly try reading this post.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Alright, thanks for answering my simple question.

Although, now I'm having another problem; now when I warp BACK into the map from my cave, it sends me to the wrong place in the map (more specifically, it sends me as if I exited from my house :3).

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Alright, thanks for answering my simple question.

Although, now I'm having another problem; now when I warp BACK into the map from my cave, it sends me to the wrong place in the map (more specifically, it sends me as if I exited from my house :3).
You have to place a warp tile outside the entrance to the cave on your map. In AdvanceMap it should say what the warp number is. Just put that number in to the warp number in the warp tile for exiting the cave in your cave map.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hmm.. you might have registered the file incorrectly try reading this post.

Nope. It does nothing.

I still get the error

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

And this one:

Run-time error '372':
Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbalCbEx6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
hey....

im having a hard time finding a program that will make me change the Intro Pokemon and Sound

btw, is there a program that lets you changethe appearence of your main character?

Years
Does the same work for emerald ?
I mean the intro pokemon Rayquaza, it is animated so wouldnt it be difficult to change that?
And is the same program needed ?

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
Hi, I've got a bit of a problem with my hack.

OK, it was all going fine, all working as it should do. But then I made a map and inserted it in place of (4,1) and although AM opens it fine, the screen just turns white when I open the ROM in VBA. Does anybody know what might have happened. I'm hacking Fire Red BPRE by the way. Is there some way to debug it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
Seeing as I'm totally new to this I've got a question. How do I insert this tileset into my ROM?
The tiles look insane. I love it.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
Did you change the save type of your ROM to Flash 128K? You need to go, Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K. If that is not the issue then it could be a glitch in which you need to restart.

No, that's already set - VBA was playing it all right until I added the new map and now it just displays a white screen on loading the ROM.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Sappy

I need a little help inserting the .s file from a midi it the titlescreenon diamond

i already know how to change the music ex. fg ts music on ruby

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
You have to place a warp tile outside the entrance to the cave on your map. In AdvanceMap it should say what the warp number is. Just put that number in to the warp number in the warp tile for exiting the cave in your cave map.
That's kind of confusing, don't you think? O.o Maybe make it step-by-step?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I assume you're using XSE? When you add more stuff to an already existing script you must change the offset. All you need to do is add #dynamic 0x800000 at the top and change the offsets to a dynamic offset. For example change the #org 0x80814384 to #org @new.

Forgive my noobishness, but I'm using something called PKSV-UI or whatever. I don't think that's the same thing as XSE...right? Either way I didn't add anything to the script. I always make sure that when I'm changing text it has less characters than what the original was. It's not like I added lines and lines, because at least 15 lines of coding completely disappeared.

How would I add text in my program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back