• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I agree considering so-called underlevelded pokemon in BW was only few levels away from their actuall evolution ( with exception of Gethis's Hydragon of cause)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you mean an under leveled Garbador, then as long as I have a psychic or ground to handle it, I'll be okay.

After review, a underleveled Garbador would be crazy, considering it evolves from Trubbish at level 36!

If Homika's Gym is in the city after the water reservoir thing that they showed when they demoed the game play, you get a Magnemite before her Gym. Immunity to Poison and serious resistance against any non poison attack she'd have.

I don't know if that is the worse or best planned Pokemon placement to battle a gym I've ever seen. So really even if she had underleveled Garbador, you could easily trump it with a flimsy steel type early in XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I really can't see Homika having a Garbador THIS early in the game. I mean, Lenora's highest level was a level 20 Watchog, I REALLY can't see a Garbador on level 20 (theoretically) even making ANY type of sense.

But yeah, dang, completely destroying her with a Magnemite may be a little...horrible. xD
But I'm sure they have someway around that. Usually Gyms are equipped with moves to work around immunity and resistance. So maybe one of her Pokemon have a Fighting-type move or a Fire-type move. Koffing can learn Incinerate, so maybe she taught her Pokemon that!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So, if you've seen the new Trailer on Filb.de, you'd notice that there was a Gym that had a HUGE gust of wind that blew the PC backwards.

Flying Gym?

Skyla perhaps?

blue

gucci
Years
I'm surprised at how much was revealed tonight, in a good way of course! Yeah I agree with the post above, when I saw the turbine's blowing the player backwards I initially thought Skyla, either that or a new flying leader but odds are that she'll be returning.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, it sure does seem it's it would be Skyla's, unless there's a new Flying gym leader in town like Cheren replacing Lenora. Either way, I have to say, I love the redesign of the gym.

blue

gucci
Years
It's definitely Skyla returning!

Skyla.jpg

I'm personally happy that she's making a return, she's my favourite leader in Unova.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So Skyla is there, wonder what Gym Number she is and which city her Gym is in.

I'm gunna place my money on the Airport on the Mountain.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd still say she's the 6th gym leader, wheter that be in Mistralton Gym or not remains to be seen. It could be in a new city or moved to a previously used city.

Years
Isn't that mountain airport Mistalton town itself?
Either way my new guess for the order is
1 Cheren
2 Homika
3 Burgh
4 Elesa
5 Shizui
6 Skyla
7 Brycen
8 Iris

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think it's in a plane, there's one underneath them in the screenshot so it wouldn't really make sense. A hangar though, does.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yeah a hanger.

So the likely Gym Leader order:
Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skylar
Brycen (I don't get how he's a Gym Leader, he's area is frozen...)
Drayden/Iris
Shizui

Ok that's too much. Where did the notion that Clay won't be appearing come from. It's between him and the Dragon leaders being left out anyway. Only three not to have been shown. Oh and Arti, but he's staying ;)

Years
Well I'm assuming that the dragon gym leaders will be returning and Brycen wouldn't really mind the ice being an ice gym leader after all.. and Burgh's badge seems to match that of the case somewhat...plus Clay has yet to appear so yeah, my guess is Clay won't be coming back...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
My bet is for Skyla being the sixth Gym Leader. I love her new Gym design, too! It looks so neat. A lot better than her last, imo.

Years
For some reason Skyla seems to like seeing the trainer hurt, or slam something seeing how even the new design sends the player flying/spinning into a wall.
Another reason for why clay being gone might be due to lack of anything really significant between his and Elesa's gyms seeing how there isn't nothing other than the bridge blocking the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back