• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated static sprites

39Gamer

39Games
Years
Hello again,
is it possible to have animated trainers like some from platinum/hg/ss/bw1?
they are static sprites with the 2/3 frames that play when the battle starts? and for the gym leaders theres a flash after their animation.
this possible?
cheers

39Gamer

39Games
Years
could I get some assistance with this please? I am new to the scripting of rpgxp..
also i am even fine with using .gif files which would be easier, saves using multiple png for the sprite
Cheers

Last edited:

39Gamer

39Games
Years
gif trainer sprite?

hey guys,
title says it all, is it possible to use a gif for a trainer? it comes up but doesnt play.. i was wondering if i could get a script to play the gif when the battlebase stops moving?
cheers

39Gamer

39Games
Years
HG/SS/Plt. style animated trainer sprites

would anyone know how to do animated sprites like in HG/SS/Plt? like lance's sprite in this sprite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV7IuzJCK8U
saving the trouble of png use.. maybe .gifs?

ive got atleast 50 gifs ready for trainers sitting there and heck its a little odd seeing the the one frame there upon battle xD
i asked twice and didnt get a reply from anyone (besides Luka S.J telling me its possible) because my threads got kinda buried

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No one's replied because no one knows how to do it, or no one is willing to share that information.

It is possible in theory to have animated trainers, and there has been at least one game showing off said feature, but it's not the kind of thing you're just going to be given. You'll need to learn about how the battle system works yourself (which isn't that easy, and is another thing that no one will guide you through). It's up to you to put some effort in yourself to achieve such a minor, cosmetic flourish. Or, you know, compromise and don't have the feature.

Three separate threads about the exact same topic in a month is unnecessary. At least now that you know you won't get an answer, you don't need to keep asking.

Back