• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

bluestar899

My Feraligatr knows Aeroblast
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Bit of a necropost here but I figure this would be the appropriate place to ask; can the Johto starters be caught in this game?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Heyo! I'm currently playing through this and loving it. Quick question though: where do I get a waterstone? I'm currently grinding for the 7th gym.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Epic work Freako! I'm going to play it soon and can't wait to start it!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
Good evening. I'm around getting the fourth badge, while having skipped the second, but hey. Gotsta say, I enjoy this hack a lot. That's what I seek, a new unknown region, a new story, characters, places to see... all that while keeping the mechanics intact. I love it, much more than adding gen8 pokemon, the split, megas etc. This game feels true, laid-back, has lots of interesting cutscenes and quirks, Some puzzles that require some thinking (it actually took me some time to get into the TV station). I love it. Gotta check out the first Bronze as well.

One question though, How do I find me a Farfetch'd? I treaded endlessly in the Callow Forest and the route west of Roseglen, in every time of day, to no avail. Finding Scyther or Pikachu took me way less time. Dayum, it's challenging to play a game that's not explained on Bulbapedia :D

Wonderful game. I hope to see more hacks like that.

Ps. Is it of any use to report typos and such?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 30, 2022
I'm having issues playing the game on a everdrive mini every time I press start to save, The game's textures go crazy until I leave that room. Then textures reset until I press start again. no other Gameboy color game seems to have the same issue including rom hacks like prism is there a fix for this?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Just finished this one, great game.
It brings back a lot of memories.

Years
I have played this hack back in late February this year, up until the final fight at Mt. Ender, and to be honest, I didn't like it. Although I do appreciate the effort here, I'm basically underwhelmed by it. I know, I know, I started to write like ericgall23 when I look at the first sentence. But I'm not going to talk about things like TGB DUAL, why can't I trade my Pokémon to another game, why Pokémon games with no trading are worthless, or the lamentation about the lack of communication centers, etc. However, I'll talk about some other massive issues regarding this romhack.

• The level curve is so straight it's laughable, especially near the end of the Janto part and before Mt. Ender (level 35-ish wilds at Victory Road while Champion Felicity has level 50 Snorlax? level 40-45ish wilds at Mt. Ender while the Bronze 1 protagonist use level 75-ish mons? single digit level wilds even if you're near the city where you will get the second badge? really?)
  • Several gym leaders have illegal Pokémon (Magnemite with Thunder Punch, Aerodactyl and Kabuto with Rollout, Espeon with Zap Cannon). I note that you will receive a TM of the move the gym leader teaches to every Pokémon in his or her roster, irrelevant of whether that move on Pokémon is legal or not.
  • Pokémon that evolve via trading in vanilla games still evolve by trading (don't talk to me about in-game trades; I very very rarely do them); alternative methods like leveling up, using the items or leveling up while holding them could be implemented. This is why I couldn't use an Alakazam or a Gengar in this game.
  • Region names try to look funny but they really are dumb and unoriginal (Janto and Kohto? Kanto and Johto?)
  • Legendary fights with stones are poorly organised and VERY buggy. First, you can only catch one Pokémon based on the corresponding stone. This means that, for example, if you have a Blue Stone, you can fight Raikou, Entei, OR Suicune. Not AND. You can catch only one of them and the stone is gone for good. Second, if you decide to catch Raikou or Entei, they immediately flee at the first turn and you can't retrieve them back, they don't roam around Janto either. Third, you can't return to Kohto unless you use a walk through walls cheat; because the path to the magnet train station that leads you there becomes blocked.
  • No rematches with any trainer in the game, be it regular trainer or gym leaders. This really hampers the post-game.
  • I couldn't even manage to complete the line-up in the game; I completed the Kohto region using only 4 Pokémon; the viable Pokémon are either not found in the game, too low levelled to be found, or evolve via trading. My team was Charizard, Electabuzz, Kadabra (not Alakazam, see above), Kingdra (I got it via an in-game trade), Crobat, and Haunter (not Gengar) at the Janto saga but I was forced to drop Crobat and Haunter in Kohto because they were weak and not did anything good lately before being dropped.
  • No documentation exists regarding which items are available, which Pokémon are catchable, what do you catch at a certain route or a cave, what do you catch via fishing, which TMs are available, etc. I generally ignore any romhack that does not come with a VERY good and detailed documentation, period.

I know the creator isn't around for more than a year, but I needed to got them off my chest. Thanks for coming to my TED talk; see you next time!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Finally played this and finished it in over a week (first time I have done that since 2020), really good game and loved the nods back to the original game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Freako I hope you read this. Going through these two games again and absolutely loving all over. Thank you again for giving us these hacks ❤️❤️❤️

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Hello! I've been meaning to play this for quite awhile now, it looks amazing. I have one question though to avoid the possibility of running into anything weird:

What version of Crystal are the patches for? v1.0, v1.1 or does it not matter?

Back