• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
A level script must be stopping it from showing.
Check and try to remove the level scripts there.
Thanks, it worked! You are the best hacker in the world, i can't wait for ruby destiny 4.
Thanks to all, see ya

Which is the flag that in Pokémon emerald actives the running shoes?

Last edited:

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Thanks, it worked! You are the best hacker in the world, i can't wait for ruby destiny 4.
Thanks to all, see ya

Which is the flag that in Pokémon emerald actives the running shoes?

0x8C0

I have a question about the town map/region map/world map/whatever you like to call it in FireRed. I'm making my own, and I want to insert it, but when I looked at maps from clean FR as well as some hacks, they seem to have more than 16 colours. How does their palette work? Is it 256-colour? And if I want to add more colours, how is that possible?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
0x8C0

I have a question about the town map/region map/world map/whatever you like to call it in FireRed. I'm making my own, and I want to insert it, but when I looked at maps from clean FR as well as some hacks, they seem to have more than 16 colours. How does their palette work? Is it 256-colour? And if I want to add more colours, how is that possible?

The FR world map is only 16 colors. So...
Plus to add more colors you would need to rewrite the loading routine to cancel out all other sprites to use the other slots.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
The FR world map is only 16 colors. So...
Plus to add more colors you would need to rewrite the loading routine to cancel out all other sprites to use the other slots.

When using VBA map viewer, I get more than 20.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
@ karatekid i did use 0xFF i decompiled it and it became 255 and well got the script to work with valuable help from gogojtech :)

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
Hi everyone,
I'm having trouble with importing sprites into unLZ-GBA. I created a sprite that I want to add. It is 64x64 and indexed with 16 colors. However, when I try to import this indexed sprite into unLZ-GBA, i get the message "Error: Image is not indexed". I used GIMP to make the sprite and Irfanview to convert it into a 64x64 16 color indexed png.
One thing I've noticed is that unLZ always exports sprites with this very dark palette. Also, the PNGs generated by unLZ are about 500 to 700 bytes, but the ones I made with Irfanview are over 2 kilobytes, even though they are both 64x64, 16 colors and indexed. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

PS: I use Linux and am running unLZ and Irfanview in Wine, if this has anything to do with it.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hi everyone,
I'm having trouble with importing sprites into unLZ-GBA. I created a sprite that I want to add. It is 64x64 and indexed with 16 colors. However, when I try to import this indexed sprite into unLZ-GBA, i get the message "Error: Image is not indexed". I used GIMP to make the sprite and Irfanview to convert it into a 64x64 16 color indexed png.
One thing I've noticed is that unLZ always exports sprites with this very dark palette. Also, the PNGs generated by unLZ are about 500 to 700 bytes, but the ones I made with Irfanview are over 2 kilobytes, even though they are both 64x64, 16 colors and indexed. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

PS: I use Linux and am running unLZ and Irfanview in Wine, if this has anything to do with it.

Un-Lz is tricky for beginners like you. Use NSE since it's more user-friendly. Plus you obviously did not index since your file is too big and you get the error saying it's not indexed.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I gave the player a pokemon but when I try to view it the screen goes black and freezes. If I view another pokemon in my party and then use the arrow buttons to try and view the given pokemon, the screen freezes and the info that should be for the pokemon is a bunch of purple blocks and no image but the other things are all right (nature, area it was given, name, etc.). Did I royally screw up something in the ROM or is there some sort of other script I have to add (like the extra level scripts you have to add to make sure pokecenters don't freeze up on you)?

And it only happens for that Pokemon that was given, not any of my other pokemon in the party.

Last edited:

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
Un-Lz is tricky for beginners like you. Use NSE since it's more user-friendly. Plus you obviously did not index since your file is too big and you get the error saying it's not indexed.

I don't believe you can edit in-battle sprites with NSE. Isn't that just for trainer sprites? If I'm wrong, please show me how. I'm pretty sure my file is indexed. I used the same method that Maco used in his tutorial. Both GIMP and Irfanview show that the PNG is 64x64, 16 colors, and indexed, but unLZ disagrees. If no one else is having this problem, it might be a Wine issue.

Took a while to post. The servers are probably going crazy with X & Y being released tomorrow!

GoGoJJTech

Years
I gave the player a pokemon but when I try to view it the screen goes black and freezes. If I view another pokemon in my party and then use the arrow buttons to try and view the given pokemon, the screen freezes and the info that should be for the pokemon is a bunch of purple blocks and no image but the other things are all right (nature, area it was given, name, etc.). Did I royally screw up something in the ROM or is there some sort of other script I have to add (like the extra level scripts you have to add to make sure pokecenters don't freeze up on you)?

And it only happens for that Pokemon that was given, not any of my other pokemon in the party.

Well that Pokemon's sprite is royally glitched up, being not aligned or not 16 colors or not Lz-77 compressed, or simply not pointed to correctly.

I don't believe you can edit in-battle sprites with NSE. Isn't that just for trainer sprites? If I'm wrong, please show me how. I'm pretty sure my file is indexed. I used the same method that Maco used in his tutorial. Both GIMP and Irfanview show that the PNG is 64x64, 16 colors, and indexed, but unLZ disagrees. If no one else is having this problem, it might be a Wine issue.

Took a while to post. The servers are probably going crazy with X & Y being released tomorrow!

You have windows 7 paint? If so it automatically un-indexes PNGs. Us mspaint XP. Other than that NSE opens any image you throw at it, you just need a pointer, or use the plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
You have windows 7 paint? If so it automatically un-indexes PNGs. Us mspaint XP. Other than that NSE opens any image you throw at it, you just need a pointer, or use the plugin.
I use Linux, so I don't have paint. I used GIMP instead to make my sprites. Just found a tutorial for NSE. Man, that's so much easier! Is there any way to have NSE switch to a different in-game palette?, because I don't want to go through the whole process of making a custom palette.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I use Linux, so I don't have paint. I used GIMP instead to make my sprites. Just found a tutorial for NSE. Man, that's so much easier! Is there any way to have NSE switch to a different in-game palette?, because I don't want to go through the whole process of making a custom palette.

1: Making a pal is easy and only 40 bytes if it's uncompressed.
2: In the Navigate pane jump to an offset for an image and one for a pal. Simple. In NSE classic this is in "offset"

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I tried to open up the Attack Editor but it gave me the error "InvalidArgument=Value of '255' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex".

What do?

Years
So i just applied Jpan engine, i just realized that the patch clear out every script in my ROM, including PokemonCenter script, any help for making a pokemon center script? i'd only know special 0x1 (which is used for healing your party) but there should be a command to make a pokemon center animation, any help? i'm not really asking for a script, but i'd be really glad if someone give me an example script

GoGoJJTech

Years
I tried to open up the Attack Editor but it gave me the error "InvalidArgument=Value of '255' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex".

What do?

You should use PGE's attack editor. 2 this only happens if you repointed the tables. If you did, then change the INI to match, and reopen the tool. Next you will get that error, but it's all fine since it's not reading correctly until you create a move there. But it's fine. I added all moves up to gen 4, and I got that error every day. But it's fine AS LONG AS YOU REPOINT THE MOVE TABLES.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
You should use PGE's attack editor. 2 this only happens if you repointed the tables. If you did, then change the INI to match, and reopen the tool. Next you will get that error, but it's all fine since it's not reading correctly until you create a move there. But it's fine. I added all moves up to gen 4, and I got that error every day. But it's fine AS LONG AS YOU REPOINT THE MOVE TABLES.

I was using PGE's attack editor and tried to open up a clean Fire Red ROM in it and still got the same error. That's normal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back