• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jpMEjSlVdw&feature=youtu.be

The Trainer Sprites for the main characters have been updated! You can see Brendan's in this video, but that's not all. I've been working on sprites and stuff to make the game more unique and appealing. In this video, you can see what I've done instead of bikes.

Now, in the actual game, you won't just be handed a Latias at the beginning, you'll need to progress a bit. You also won't be able to play as steven/latios. The sprite will be used for something else.

Pinta77

Thank you :) i havent been updating this thread lately, but i am still working on it. Im going to try to assemble a team to help me do stuff i can't or don't know how to do.

Currently, im making all new trainer classes, changing many overworld and trainer sprites. Ive also created an actual point in the game where you get to ride latios legitimatly. And i might change some of the tiles

Pinta77

bigwigow.jpg

cards.jpg

:o pokemon cards!!!

stranger.jpg

^Not my sprite

brock.jpg

Ash and Brock! Steven will still be your right hand man, but Ash will help you out along the way.

brock2.jpg

So my hack is slowly progressing. I'm starting to switch up some sprites. Not all of them look amazing, but I think they are bare-able and different. Also, here's all the sprites I made myself.

Sprites_by_Pinta77.jpg

If for some reason any one wants to use those, feel free. Otherwise, those are the rest of the sprites that weren't previously shown.

marcc5m

what
Years
Why are you using the Fire Red overworld for the R/S/E protagonist?
There is a reason they made a new one for Fire Red; It doesn't fit in with the other overworlds, and looks bad.

Pinta77

I disagree. FR/LG character ow's look better regardless.

Ok, the problem is A-text doesnt work on my computer. Also, the trading cards will be useful later. You will trade them.

marcc5m

what
Years
Yes, they do look better, however they look out of place, as they are a different style from the other overworlds. Either make them all Fire Red overworlds, change the hero back to the old one, or you can stick with un-professionalism.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Yes, they do look better, however they look out of place, as they are a different style from the other overworlds. Either make them all Fire Red overworlds, change the hero back to the old one, or you can stick with un-professionalism.

No offense but If the author likes the Fr/Lg OW's why changing them ? Also everything here is meant to be for fun if he was a proffesional he would be a game developer that would make commercial games that we would have to pay in order to play them.The OW might not fit that good with the r/s ow's but nothing is perfect ! Also everyone else seems to like the ow's a poll would be good to solve this problem...

Pinta77

Ok, i will make a different download link, and a more updated one. I have had beta 1 ready for awhile, but i havent bothered uploading it because ive been working on it.

So ill release beta 1.1 later today on 4-shared

Pinta77

Anyway, new download link for Beta 1. It was actually on request, so there it is.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I just started playing and there was this door which eventually led me to the "Debug room" and some guy gave me Steven's call.

Pinta77

That room is a shortcut for me to get to places and test them out. It won't be there in the final, or near final release. And the guy that gave you Steven's call is there because... well i forgot to take him out :3 Steven's call isn't supposed to be obtainable at all.

Anyway, thanks for playing my game :P

MAJOR UPDATE: I added morning, day, evening,and night!!!!
This is the first time I've ever done this, so I'm a little excited! I actually used the old outdated day and night program because the new one doesn't work on my computer, but it looks ok to me. I'll post pictures soon.

-Also, I added a real quick event where you set the clock. This event replaced the event that gave Tcoppy the "Steven's Call" call item.

ulta.jpg

Last edited:

Pinta77

hotel.jpg

"Lunorre" is revamped! It was the ugliest map in my hack til now.

lunorre.jpg

:)

boy.jpg

New character sprites. I love Brendan's sprite! May's is kinda wierd looking, but it will do. If anyone knows of a better may sprite, post it here! =D

hmm1.jpg

hmm3.jpg

Pinta77

That's the point XD Noob Thief! Anyway, one more pic!

Pink_Swadloon.jpg

Swadloon joins the Party!!!

I think I did a decent job. This is the first time I ever replaced a pokemon in a Rom hack. Front and back sprites look good, I haven't tested out shiny yet but I'm 99% sure it looks awesome! The only thing i didn't edit are Cry and Weight and height.

So Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftree will be replaced with Sewaddle, Swadloon, and Leavany*(However you spell it) And I think I'll add one more new pokemon to replace Sablye, cause I just hate Sablye >.<

Also, if anyone needs the .iee file(used in iconed) for swadloon's icon, I can give it to you.

Back