• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailers show legendary encounters via Ultra Wormholes, encounters with previous evil Team leaders

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The Chinese leaks were right once again, and I can see MatPat jumping for joy about his alternate Pok?mon universe theory being true. Now to wait for the confirmation of new Alolan forms.

Also... Giovani owns Mewtwo... Someone who is no longer part of our community must be smiling somewhere...

You're referring to that someone who got banned recently correct, or are you referring to someone else, who happens to be a genwunner who left this place out of his/her own free will?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Chinese leaks were right once again, and I can see MatPat jumping for joy about his alternate Pok?mon universe theory being true. Now to wait for the confirmation of new Alolan forms.

You're referring to that someone who got banned recently correct, or are you referring to someone else, who happens to be a genwunner who left this place out of his/her own free will?

Alolan forms? Do u think we might get any ?? =]
Anyway, the trailer was AWESOME. Its going to be a stunning game <3

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Alolan forms? Do u think we might get any ?? =]
Anyway, the trailer was AWESOME. Its going to be a stunning game <3

It's unlikely, but if there are, they're probably not going to get a formal reveal like with SM. We're only two weeks to release day and it seems a bit late to reveal any Alolan forms. As for the reveals in SM, the reason they were only revealed was because it was a new concept, but now everyone knows that Alolan forms exist, so they'll probably let us find them ourselves and keep it a secret.

Another thing I noticed was with the updated Island Scan, you can get starters like Charmander, Grovyle and Greninja as was revealed, but from what we can get starter-wise the Sinnoh starters are suspiciously missing from the list. Could this mean Sinnoh is getting a remake next gen?

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Well, can't wait to fight demoted-to-Admin Ghetsis with his under leveled Hydreigon and Cyrus with his Golbat while " " Best Team Leader Ever " " Giovanni has Mega Mewtwo Y.

You know, they could have avoided this "Team Rocket is Best Team for leading all the past villains" scenario if they had just used Rocket's own Admins, but I guess that would mean using gen 2 characters, and gen 2 characters seem to be avoiding Alola like the plague.

But hey, Battle Factory is a step in the right direction. That's like, what? 1/6th of the Battle Frontier! We're getting there! Only 5 more 3rd versions to go and we may finally get the whole thing back...
With the way it?s looking I wouldn?t be surprised if every team leader had a legendary on their team.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
It's unlikely, but if there are, they're probably not going to get a formal reveal like with SM. We're only two weeks to release day and it seems a bit late to reveal any Alolan forms. As for the reveals in SM, the reason they were only revealed was because it was a new concept, but now everyone knows that Alolan forms exist, so they'll probably let us find them ourselves and keep it a secret.

Another thing I noticed was with the updated Island Scan, you can get starters like Charmander, Grovyle and Greninja as was revealed, but from what we can get starter-wise the Sinnoh starters are suspiciously missing from the list. Could this mean Sinnoh is getting a remake next gen?

Sinnoh ones are missing? Thats strange.. Maybe they are on the list and we missed it :o

Sytiourious

#PopplioDefenseSquad
Years
With the way it?s looking I wouldn?t be surprised if every team leader had a legendary on their team.

I think at this point it's guaranteed tbh. I also wonder if they will have a completely revamped team aside from their "main" pokemon (Archie's is Sharpedo, Maxie's is Camerupt, etc)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
HYPE LEVEL INCREASED 10000000000000%

I just wish Dialgia was in Ultra Moon, but Im sure I can eventually trade for one. Other than that, the wide selection of legendaries is amazing. The fact that we can battle so many different evil teams (Im assuming post-game) is incredible. And the new addition to the Festival Plaza definitely expands post-game options. This is going to be a fantastic game, I am sure of it. Even if the main story isn't good, I am confident USUM will make up for it in the large amount of content provided.

It also appears that returning mega stones will be introduced, which is cool for online players. Personally, I am excited to battle with my own Totem Gumshoos after collecting the stickers!

These trailers are evidence for a two year break in main series pokemon. We got a 2 year break after ORAS, and especially with Pokemon being made for the Switch, Gamefreak needs to take the time to create a good game. 1) it is essential for the success of Pokemon on the switch 2) Gamefreak needs time to acclimate itself with the switch.

However, I want a two year break for the aforementioned reasons and so that I have a greater incentive to invest more time into USUM and get into competitive battling, filling up the Dex, breeding, etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
As amazingly awesome as this reveal is with the addition of most of the villains throughout the franchise, I can't help but question the concept that each villain supposedly succeeded in their alternate dimension. I mean if that's true than shouldn't Cyrus be an unkillable creator Deity?

I was thinking it could make sense if Cyrus is in the process of conquering other dimensions on top of his own, but would he really choose to work for Rocket? In fact would any of these villains choose to work fo Giovani?
I still think this content looks amazing, but good luck to Game Freak in trying to explain any of this.

"Where am I?" Cyrus grunted as he awoke. Looking around, he saw unfamiliar walls and an unfamiliar face. A black suit, with a rainbow R emblazoned on the jacket pocket.

"Welcome to Alola, and the Rainbow Rocket Headquarters," the unknown man said. "I am Giovanni, leader of this establishment."

Cyrus lifted himself up off the floor. "How did I get here, and what do you want from me?" he scoffed.

The man named Giovanni smirked. "I want you to work for me."

"What?! Are you mad?! I submit to no one. I just tore apart the fabric of spacetime where I came from. I AM A GOD!!" Cyrus retorted, enraged.

"I don't think you understand," said Giovanni calmly. "I am the greatest villain to ever live. You will do as I say--"

"SPOT!!" Cyrus cried out. "SPOT!! I HAVE SOME POFFINS FOR YOU!!"

Before Giovanni had a chance to react, the floor beneath him seemed to melt into black slime, and before he knew it, he had been devoured by the hellish Pok?mon known as Giratina.

Then, Cyrus did something he hadn't done in a long, long time: he smiled. He approached the Giratina and gave it a loving pat. "Good boy, Spot. Good boy. I'll be sure to get you lots of Poffins later! But for now, let's destroy this universe, too!"

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
YOOOOO I POPPED OFF SO HARD AFTER THAT

After watching both trailers multiple times, the rumors/leaks are definitely as real as my addiction to Raising Canes. Also something interesting to note, anyone remember that "leaked screenshot" that showed the Ultra Recon Squad, Lusamine, and Guzma all at the Altar? At about 2:47 in the Japanese trailer, you see that exact moment! Also it looks like Po Town is still rainy as well, contrasting what some of us thought about it by looking at the updated map.

Like, I don't even know what to say anymore. Rainbow Rocket has me hyped af. All of the villainous leaders returning from worlds where they succeeded? Giovanni with Mewtwo? All possibly using the legendaries they had their sights on? RSE Archie and Maxie? Lysandre's actually killed people? LES GOOOOO. And it seems they not only take over Aether Paradise, but Festival Plaza as well. Wonder how that's gonna turn out.

The Battle Agency sounds awesome. The Battle Factory was one of my favorite facilities of the Battle Frontier, so I'm extremely excited that they brought it back. Nothing more to be said about that other than I'll be spending a lot of time there.

I guess the Totem Stickers replace the Zygarde Core/Cell hunt from the previous games. Wonder how many there are? And would I only be limited to Pokemon we've seen before as Totems? Because I definitely want to get a Totem-sized Wailord. Don't think I won't do it. {XD} Though they seem to imply it's only actual Totems, and hint at exclusivity, such as Totem Lurantis being exclusive to Ultra Sun and Totem Salazzle being exclusive to Ultra Moon.

I'm more excited for these games than I've ever been. They've truly packed so much great content into them. I can definitely see what they meant when they said USUM is a culmination of everything they've worked on for the past 20 years.

...BUT WAIT, IS THERE ACTUALLY MORE NEWS ON THE 10TH?!
image.png

...I'm pretty excited.

Oh, I'm sure this is post game tho, especially if they really do all use legendaries, and during the trailer, the player character was battling them with legendaries. And Lillie's "you-know-who" might actually be her mother, not Nebby since they do take over her domain. Also during that scene where you can see Guzma holding back two Rainbow Rocket members, his shades are completed, which also matches his appearance in the promo art.

EDIT: I'm really liking the promo art for Rainbow Rocket:
E9Px0yZ.jpg

From the leaks, and screenshots, I'll post the outline in spoilers:
Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
"Where am I?" Cyrus grunted as he awoke. Looking around, he saw unfamiliar walls and an unfamiliar face. A black suit, with a rainbow R emblazoned on the jacket pocket.

"Welcome to Alola, and the Rainbow Rocket Headquarters," the unknown man said. "I am Giovanni, leader of this establishment."

Cyrus lifted himself up off the floor. "How did I get here, and what do you want from me?" he scoffed.

The man named Giovanni smirked. "I want you to work for me."

"What?! Are you mad?! I submit to no one. I just tore apart the fabric of spacetime where I came from. I AM A GOD!!" Cyrus retorted, enraged.

"I don't think you understand," said Giovanni calmly. "I am the greatest villain to ever live. You will do as I say--"

"SPOT!!" Cyrus cried out. "SPOT!! I HAVE SOME POFFINS FOR YOU!!"

Before Giovanni had a chance to react, the floor beneath him seemed to melt into black slime, and before he knew it, he had been devoured by the hellish Pok?mon known as Giratina.

Then, Cyrus did something he hadn't done in a long, long time: he smiled. He approached the Giratina and gave it a loving pat. "Good boy, Spot. Good boy. I'll be sure to get you lots of Poffins later! But for now, let's destroy this universe, too!"

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

If only they had saved this for a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake xD. We could've had HyperCube (eight sided 3-D shape) Galactic or something with an alternate Cyrus as boss :P

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
They have their signature Pok?mon, although Giovanni also appears to be using a Mewtwo? with a Mega Stone for the Mega Mewtwo Y form!

Giovanni.jpg
USUM is ruined unless that fight takes place in alternative universe. Another thing which can save USUM is that your mission is to save Mewtwo from him and you'll get it after you defeat him.

2. Giovanni using a freaking Mewtwo, RIP us.
I don't think so, it will have crappy moveset and he can't use it right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
From the leaks, and screenshots, I'll post the outline in spoilers:
Spoiler:

So then
Spoiler:

Reactions: Z25
Years
Also did anyone notice Faba in the villains promotional artwork? I guess that means Lusamine really has been demoted in this game.

Lusamine did get demoted as a villain in the anime, so that probably explains everything since the anime seems to be following the USUM events and not SM.

No new Alola forms make me sad though.

As sad as it is, it's all but probably confirmed. Shame that it had to be the case, especially considering ORAS introduced new Mega Evolutions that weren't in XY.

Years
tumblr_oysyf8mnbk1u8nraco1_540.png

Bad news. It looks like the player character is still going to be doing that generic smile during cutscenes again, such absolute laziness on GF's part.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
tumblr_oysyf8mnbk1u8nraco1_540.png

Bad news. It looks like the player character is still going to be doing that generic smile during cutscenes again, such absolute laziness on GF's part.

I'm not so sure about that, I was actually keeping an eye out during the videos to see if the PC's face was constantly an awkward smirk. It seemed to appear that during the major cut scenes, such as most of the scenes where Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma appear, as well as some of the scenes where the PC first meets Giovanni, the PC had a look of surprise or frustration on his face. However it seemed like the miniature cut scenes such as minor bits of dialogue between transitions of battles and such, the PC had that same aloof grin about him.
It seems GF just wanted expressions for the most significant cut scenes and were lax about the rest that were inconsequential.

Years
I'm not really that fussed over the player character's expression anymore. I got plenty of other things to do and worry about other than that, so that's not so much of an issue to me.

Years
As amazingly awesome as this reveal is with the addition of most of the villains throughout the franchise, I can't help but question the concept that each villain supposedly succeeded in their alternate dimension. I mean if that's true than shouldn't Cyrus be an unkillable creator Deity?

I was thinking it could make sense if Cyrus is in the process of conquering other dimensions on top of his own, but would he really choose to work for Rocket? In fact would any of these villains choose to work fo Giovani?
I still think this content looks amazing, but good luck to Game Freak in trying to explain any of this.

Also... Giovani owns Mewtwo... Someone who is no longer part of our community must be smiling somewhere...

In DPPT after Cyrus crafted the red chain from the lake trio, he used it to summoned and bind Time and Space. The Creation Duo was forced to create a small galaxy/universe against their will so I guessed Cyrus didn't really become a deity at all. Perhaps he kept those two as his pets or tools, forcing them to create stuff on a whim. I wonder what is world without spirit and emotions looked liked...

Last edited:
Years
I'm not so sure about that, I was actually keeping an eye out during the videos to see if the PC's face was constantly an awkward smirk. It seemed to appear that during the major cut scenes, such as most of the scenes where Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma appear, as well as some of the scenes where the PC first meets Giovanni, the PC had a look of surprise or frustration on his face. However it seemed like the miniature cut scenes such as minor bits of dialogue between transitions of battles and such, the PC had that same aloof grin about him.
It seems GF just wanted expressions for the most significant cut scenes and were lax about the rest that were inconsequential.

There was two types of cutscenes in SM - in-game and pre-rendered. The pre-rendered cutscenes showed the player making an expression in reaction (such as when Nihilego first appeared) while in-game cutscenes showed the generic smile (like when Lillie was leaving for Kanto, or when Gladion tells Hau and the player character to deal with Guzma and Lusamine respectively).

Back