• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: An Amazing Adventure [T][IC]

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

P9oUmVn.png

8G6lcQG.png

d3b1e43dd3d2661029bda33720a54a85-970-80.jpg
Welcome. This is the portal that leads you to the world of Pokémon. Beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival. Only Pokémon inhabit this world. There are no trainers, nor will there be in the course of this roleplay. Be strong, stay smart. And be victorious!

You are a Pokémon that has been somehow ended up in the village of Pokémon Plaza, and fairly recently, you achieved your goal of joining the Plaza Adventurers League. The guild is... a bit less... official than some of its counterparts, largely in part due to its founder, a peculier Normal/Dragon type Pokémon called Drampa, and his right-hand and secretary (also not so secretly the guy who does all the official buisness while Drampa sleeps for 18 hours a day), Toucannon. The guild aims to educate and train young Pokémon into becoming full-fledged Explorers; Pokémon that are fit to go into Mystery Dungeons, carry out quests and rescues and sometimes even explore completely new areas.

Guild Regulations:
1. Follow all PC and RPC rules.
2. This RP is rated T, meaning you will have to restrict violence, gore and romance to a mild level.
3. Be fair, nice and respectful towards other players. This also implies no godmodding, bunnying without permission, or anything of the sort.
4. Please try to stay active, and consult the GM's if anything is amiss.
5. Have fun!

A ONE, A TWO...A ONE-TWO-THREE
ONE! DON'T SHIRK WORK!
TWO! RUN AWAY AND PAY!
THREE! SMILES GO FOR MILES!​

Pokémon Plaza

In PMD: An Amazing Adventure, players will be travelling on a grand quest across the World for adventure and discovery. The Guild will always return home to Pokémon Plaza after an expidition, where they can shop, mingle, and make friends with the local Pokémon. Below is a description of the various places and their functions.

Spoiler:

Mystery Dungeons:

Mystery Dungeons are a unique phenomenon that somehow causes random locations in the world to be completely randomized whenver one enters. Meaning that you can find new loot every time you go in, but also that the layout of the floors may be completely different. It is because of this that adventure guilds are so popular, and these are where you will be doing most of your adventuring! A list of the known Mystery Dungeons will be saved here.

Mechanics:

This story will occur in Arcs, starting with the player characters joining the guild as new recruits. The guild will generally have a set task that it needs to achieve every arc, this can be considered the main quest, while occasionally missions not related to the main quest of that arc might arise. These will be side quests of sorts, which will have no real bearing on the story, but will likely have good loot and will likely be a great way to develop characters.

on MOVES:
Spoiler:

on EVOLUTION:
Spoiler:

on ITEMS:
Spoiler:

Signup:

Name: Ah yes, a Pikachu named Pikachu. Because we don't have 900 of those already. Seriously though, names are great and you should use something unique. All the NPCs will have names, so you should too!

Pokémon Species: (Any Basic Pokémon that can feasibly exist at level 15. Meaning no legends, or mythicals, and only first forms.)

Appearance: (Your picture can say a lot about you, so tell me what you look like. No major colour changes or being shiny unless i've specifically said otherwise. Clothing is acceptable to a point, if you do want clothes I would ask you supply a picture of the pokemon in said attire.)

History: (What makes your character who they are. Our pasts define us, tell me yours.)

Personality: (General Demeanor, Strengths and Weaknesses, and the like.)

Moveset: (Up to 6 moves - no TM/HM moves to start with, and keep it to the S&M game canon, no moves learned beyond level 15. One egg move is allowed per Character.)

Guild Apprentices:

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years

P9oUmVn.png

8G6lcQG.png

lost-woods.jpg
The sun had just crested over the mountains to the north of the party of adventurer's as they arrived at their goal. Sweeping out before them was a forest of ancient trees, so thick and packed together that the only way through seemed to be to follow the road in front of them.

"Alright, team! We've arrived at the Lost Woods, our goal is to find out why adventurers have been going missing here." Toucanon Sam cheered happily, flapping his wings as he spoke. "Now, I'm sure you all know about the legends of Lost Woods, However, do not be alarmed! People who enter these woods don't actually go missing forever! There is no such proof to such claims. Guildmaster Drampa and Officer Dusknoir are certain this is just some Outlaw who has been causing mischief and spreading these rumours to hide their nefarious acts!" Sam squawked in an attempt to keep the expedition from all turning and leaving immediately.

"Anyway... As I'm sure you are aware, this forest along with many other locations have become mystery dungeons for some reason. As such, proceed with the utmost caution! Return to the entrance when you've found something! Toucanon out!"

GOAL: Explore the mystery dungeon and search for signs of the missing adventurers.
(You may find one of the following signs, multiple people can find the same sign but try and chat about what you want to do in the OOC so everyone can try and balance it out. Everyone going for the first thing on the list would be rather boring after all.)

-Torn (and empty) explorers packs thrown in a bush
-Strange footprints leading down the path
-Signs of scorch marks and a fight in a clearing
-Tufts of yellow fur stuck to a tree
-Tufts of blue fur caught in a bush
-Or nothing at all!

Common loot:

-Oran berry
-Pecha berry
-Chesto berry
-Apple
-Twig x 10

Rare Loot:

-Green Gummy (Bug)
-Sprout Gummy (Grass)
-Pink Gummy (Poison)

Wild Pokemon:

caterpie.gif
weedle.gif
oddish.gif
paras.gif
venonat.gif
bellsprout.gif
ledyba.gif
spinarak.gif
hoppip.gif
wurmple.gif

seedot.gif
shroomish.gif
kricketot.gif
budew.gif
cherubi.gif

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype the Sableye

Snype never actually expected to be accepted into the group of explorers... With his past history, he figured someone would have ran him out or start throwing suspicious glares his way! On top of that, he was already on his first exploration mission! Maybe this was all a test to see if everybody was truely cut out for this sort of work. Needless to say, Snype was excited! This would be a good chance to get together, say hi to the group, get to know them and find some possible loot in the mystery dungeon! The Sableye already seemed to be searching around dilligently for anything he could spot. Being a Sableye, he had exceptional eyesight.

"Kehehe, so gettin right down to business eh fellas?" Snype spoke up, showing off that wide toothy grin of his.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017

MRROW, THE UKULELE PLAYING MEOWTH

Well, he did know of Lost Woods although a little bit. Mostly from the talks and gossips that always hang around. "Maybe it's the work of a ghost Pokemon?" spoke the Meowth with a Focus Slash on his tail. Mrrow idly scratched his cheek, wondering what happened to the missing adventurers.

His words were speculation at best. As adventurers/explorers, it was their duty to find out what really happened. To help their fellow Pokemon. (And it counts as a mission.) Time for an investigation, found out clues and solve this mystery.

Man, he was getting excited. An adventure! Mission! Think he's allowed to play the ukulele? Except, he hadn't brought it. High chance of breaking or worse: destroying his beloved instrument into pieces by accident (or not) if he did brought it with him.

Mrrow was a little sad. He couldn't get to experience his first mission ever with his ukulele. The instrument has been his companion for years.

"I'm going ta find where they last had been." he said. "Maybe they drop something that can be used as a clue." or something. He's a novice detective at this, thanks.

This calls for separation. But then where could they meet up? Or was this individual and possible temporary partners? It could be possible something would happen in their maybe plans. Should he be on his way?? Moew, this was harder than he thought it'll be.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Fun in the Forest
Featuring Marlo Raleigh

As soon as the Toucannon had finished with his little speech, Marlo split off from the others, eager to see what incredible sights this Mystery Dungeon had to offer. He knew he was part of an exploration guild, but honestly he couldn?t care less about these missing adventurers. He wagered they were probably dead by now, probably killed by some powerful ?mon living here that happened to be in the mood for violence. There wasn?t much else he could think of, and violent ?mon were something he definitely intended to stay away from. Not that the presence of such a 'mon would keep him from exploring. He was rather confident in his ability to run away.

And so, the Wimpod scuttled along the forest floor in search of? well... anything at all he hadn?t seen before. He?d never really been in a forest like this before, dungeon or not, so he took his time circling around the tall trees, imprinting their image in his mind as well as replicating their image in his little sketchbook in case he ever forgot. He traveled slowly, making little progress as far as new frontiers and even less on the guild investigation, but he was having fun.

Marlo was completely absorbed in his adventure, not paying any attention to where he was going until he suddenly found himself unable to go any further. Not because of anything blocking his way, he simply couldn?t move his multitude of little legs no matter how hard he tried. Panic threatened to take him. He looked around as far as his head would allow only to find that all his other guildmates were nowhere to be found. Now he was definitely filled with panic, though it left enough room within him for regret from not bringing any of them with him in the first place.

?Hey, nice backpack, buddy,? spoke a sudden, uncomfortably deep voice. Marlo looked around again in a frantic attempt to find the source. But as before, there was nobody around him. ?Up here, man,? it said again. He slowly looked up, and just as the voice had said, there they were, hanging down from the trees by a thread. It seemed the culprit was a Spinarak, and Marlo had been caught in his web.

Despite the severity of the situation, knowing exactly what his situation was calmed Marlo a bit. He took a deep breath and looked at the Spinarak defiantly, hoping the bug wouldn?t notice that he was still shaking a bit. ?So? What are you gonna to do with me now??

?With you?? His captor answered, sounding amused. ?Nothing. In fact, I?m not gonna do anything at all.? There was a sudden rustling, and a host of other little Spinarak dove down from the trees to surround him. At that moment, Marlo could swear the face on the first one?s abdomen grinned. ?Get him, boys.?

Marlo screamed and used Struggle Bug, creating several little spheres of green energy that he slammed into the ground in a circle around him. A thick cloud of dust obscured the area, making the surrounding Spinarak hesitate. By the time the dust had cleared, nothing had changed. Marlo was still there, struggling against the web, his attack too weak to break him free.

In no time, the Spinarak slashed the straps of his backpack and lifted it off him, pulling it up into the trees from whence the?d come and leaving the pitiful Wimpod trapped below. The initial Spinarak lowered himself down and patted Marlo on the head. ?Sorry bud,? he said, not sounding very sorry at all. ?Don?t worry though, we?ll take good care of your stuff.? With that, he disappeared to rejoin his allies, leaving Marlo to sulk alone.

Marlo sighed, glad the ordeal was over, but still thoroughly pissed off. ?This sucks??

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

CHRYSANTHEMUM

Lost Woods Pt. 1

Things were officially awful now. The job itself was simple, look for any signs of the missing people. Chrys didn't even have to attempt to rescue them, that was Toucannon's job apparently, all he had to do was find any sign of what happened to them. The lost Pokemon probably weren't even in real danger, they probably just have an awful sense of direction and got lost.

Unfortunately it now appeared Chrys was one of those "easily lost" people too. Lost in his thoughts, he just wandered around for a bit before he realized that he wasn't really looking around for any clues, nor was he keeping track of anything helpful to guide him out. Maybe this is a result of the Mystery Dungeon? He thought to himself, they move around don't they?

The next eternity (at least it seemed like it) was spent trying to find anything that sparked his memory, like an odd tree or rock. Failing that he could at least find any kind of clue.

A patch of purple fur stood out behind a tree. Thinking he finally had some sort of clue, Chrys approached the fur and grabbed it with one of his Claw Leaves. Strangely, the fur seemed stuck to something very heavy, and then it was moving?

Purple dust suddenly filled the air, and Chrys had to run away. Of course that wasn't a clue! Venonats live in the forest, and now he was glad he didn't suddenly gasp in surprise. That Poison Powder could have caused serious damage!

It was only after a few minutes of running that Chrys felt that he lost the Pokemon. While he would be down for a scrap, Bug and Poison did not fare well for a Grass Pokemon like himself.

Fortunately he seemed safe. Unfortunately, he was now more lost than ever.

Last edited:
Years

mDISaeN.jpg

Xiao Quan

"Proceed with utmost caution!" the bird had said. Unfortunately, cautious was never Xiao's style. "You guys go that way, I'm gonna check out over there! We got this in the bag!" He pointed in a random direction when he ordered the others to go "that way", not bothering to see if anyone actually listened before he boldly set off on his own. He was sure they would be fine, and they had a wide area to cover. Now was the time for action, not caution!

Of course, blindly forging ahead through the underbrush probably wouldn't help. If the missing team had come through here, odds were they would have stuck to the path. Deciding it was too late to turn back now, Xiao pushed on, clambering over roots and pushing branches out of his way. By sheer coincidence, he found himself back on a trail, just in time to hear a panicked gasp and cry of "Look out!"

He turned his head, only to get smacked in the face by a round pink ball. He tumbled backwards, landing in a bush with an annoyed grunt. The ball, actually a Hoppip, floated by and landed on a tree branches nearby. "I'm sorry!" she shouted, hopping from one foot to the other. "Are you okay down there?"

"You better not have broken my glasses..." Xiao muttered, fighting to disentangle himself from the bush. It tugged uncomfortably at his hair, but he managed to avoid pulling any out. "What were you doing flying so recklessly, huh?"

"I'm sorry! I'm not very good at flying. Mostly I just go wherever the wind takes me, you know?" The Hoppip suddenly gasped, pointing at the bush in horror. "Oh no! That nasty bush pulled out some of your hair! That probably hurts! I wouldn't know, I don't have any..."

"Huh?" Xiao looked back, noticing a tuft of blue hair stuck in the bush. He scoffed, turning back to the Hoppip. "Relax, it's not mine. My hair is black or white, see? This here is blue." He flashed the Hoppip a thumbs up and a smile, sticking a leaf in his mouth to make himself look cool. "Wait..." It took him a moment, but an idea came to him. "Blue hair? This could be a clue! Either that or a Venonat going through a punk phase, but I highly doubt that!" He grabbed the tuft of hair, sticking it into his bag. "I need to collect more samples. There must be more clues around here somewhere!"

Years

Rufus
b32ff0511502966bbfaa44520bb1f873.jpg

Rufus's tail wagged anxiously as he bounded through the woods. He passed by a few berry bushes as he counted out loud, "Forty-one, Forty-two, Forty-three!" He jumped up and down excitedly. "There are Forty-three berries on this bush!" He grinned, Rahne would love some of these berries. "Where is Rahne?" he wondered out loud. On no! I must have wandered off again like she said not to! He quickly bolted in random direction, thinking that the faster he went the quicker he'd find Rahne. His thoughts were flawed however, as he found himself more lost than he was before.

"Hello?" he called out, nose twitching as his tail flailed around, catching on a bush. He let out a cry, leaping around and snarling at the bush. "Oh! You have attacked me for the last time foul creature of leaves! Prepare to die!" he joked, jumping into the mess of branches. He struggled, unable to free himself from the tangled mess. "Rahne?" he called out, terrified. "Rahne I'm stuck!" But there was no answer.

After a few minutes without rescue Rufus was ready to give up. But then he came up with a brilliant plan to chew himself free of the tangling branches. It wasn't the worst thing he'd tasted by far, but it was definitely not pleasant. One branch after another snapped up with a twang, before he found himself mostly free and able to jump out of the vines. "Wait until Rahne hears about what I did!" he beamed. "She'll be so proud of me!" he cheered, wagging his tail over-dramatically and jumping around. "Hey, what's that?" he questioned, spotting a trail of oddly shaped footprints nearby. Could this be a clue?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype and Mrrow: The missing bags

Snype already seemed to be wandering about on his own, searching the nearby area for any sort of clues and Being a rather active little ghost. The rest of the group may have had the same idea at least but being out on his own wasn't exactly the best idea in the forest. Snype peeked his head in one of the nearby bushes, activating Detect just incase.

Well, that went... nice? This was really hard. Communication is important, yes? Though, it's hard enough as it is to commuinicate when seperated. How will the others be notified if an important clue is found? Moew, this was a starting point and they were still rookies. It's fine, nya? At least, for now? Ah well, no use fretting. He'll slowly learn how it is to be an explorer. Mrrow walked without a spring in his step - it was more he was 'trudging' rather than say, walking. His precious ukulele were not with him. It's a little bit sad; rather, it was so very sad. For him.

First things first, where to start this mystery, nya?

The Sableye ended up crawling through the small Bush and peeking his head out, suddenly right in front of the meowth! "Kehehe! Hiya!" The Sableye said with a goofy grin. "Did ya lose a bag by chance?"

There's a mighty pause and then - "Nya!" Mrrow reeled back, suprised and startled. What a suprise, meow! Mrrow had his paw on his chest, heart beating fast from the pop out. He felt one of his nine lives shrivled up and poofed away at the Sablye's antic. Quirky, no? Not one to be suspicious at his fellow explorer and guildmate - this Pokemon was a part of the group he just left to do his own investigation - the Meowth registered the question. "Nah." he shook his head. "I didn't but I left my lovely ukulele back at the base."

Perhaps there's a reason for such mischievious looking Pokemon to approach. Perhaps not, maybe. "Can I help ya with somethin'?"

"Kehehehe! Oh was just curious." The Sableye said before pulling out a small backpack. Curiously enough, it had a hole in it as Well. "Tried digging around a few spots I'd hide this sorta stuff and ended up finding this. Figured one of you guys might have dropped it but If not, then mayybeee it has to do with those missing mon eh? Kehehe!" The Sableye said as he started to dig through the bag. "Aw... Nothing left in here. Keheh..."

"Oh!" Mrrow focused on the bag his sudden companion had he brought with from the woods. "It certainly looks like it!" he says. "Wow, you already found a clue." And isn't that amazing? And fast? The explorer did a good job. Was this the norm for him? Maybe, with an explorer's blood flowing in his veins. Neat. And here he was, mastered the ukulele which by no means helpful with investigations. "Is this the only bag that's left 'ere?" he looked around. "Did they get seperated?" he tilted his head in thought.

Hmm, maybe there was more backpacks lying around. Hopefully, one of them has stuff in it that would provide more clues. First, however... "Hm, should we team up to make it quicker?" he asked. "We could brainstorm what happened after we find more and solve this case, pronto!"

"Kehehe! Exactly what I was gonna ask." The Sableye said, tossing the empty bag to the Meowth. "If there's more in these bushes then I'll know it's no coincidence. Kehehe!" The Sableye said, diving back into the Bush once more. "Check for similarities! They're all pretty torn up! Kehe! "

The Meowth was overjoyed. A companion! Lovely! "Neat! We'll find out faster as we work together." Isn't that great? He caught the bag in his paws, almost dropping it but managed not to by hugging it. Snype's words rang true, there was more than one explorer that disappeared and since there were many, some explerors would have someone with them, creating a team. There's more than just a simple lone bag. "Got it!" Mrrow said, throwing a salute for a measure. He went to the opposite bushes, nose sniffing for a scent that were different from the nature that surrounded the two Pokemon looking for empty bags.

Not far away was another bag. Empty, just like what the Sablye had found.

"I see another one!"

The Sableye popped up behind the meowth. "Ohhh well look at that... Keheh... Guess we got plenty of evidence on what happened here. Kind of odd to just leave the empty bags of missing mon here... That kinda thing just screams "trap" wouldn't ya say? Kehe"

And another heart attack, this time a bit slower but still. Mrrow felt that he was going to lose all his nine lives with all this popping out in surprise without a warning. Recovering, he inspected the bag further just in case but na-da. "Right," the Moewth agrees. "Do we have a trail? The bags might give a direction point on where the attacker last left." Or something. Was there more evidence? More clues? This wasn't enough to go on. Mrrow wondered how the others are fairing in this investigation.

"Keheh, bag looks like these are all scattered around. Guess the guy wanted to hide the evidence and left in a hurry... The hole in the bag is the stragest part though... Maybe the others found a few clues themselves eh?" Snype said, hooping out of the bushes and back into plain view. "Being em along with us. Keheh. Were bound to find a connection one way or another"

"I can try smelling if the other explorers are near," Mrrow said, shifting his hold on the bag to take the other bag. "But I wonder why the culprit or culprits keep targeting adventurers, from what I can tell the wild Pokemon are safe." he contemplated. "We're missing a lot of clues." the cat mumbled.

What if the culprit had sharper claws compared to his? That would be a whole lot of trouble. Meow. And the hole the Sablye pointed out... yikes. "We've done our job, moew. Nice teamwork for strangers like us." he complimented. "Let's go and find them to finish solving the case!" Mrrow is determined to. (And the quicker he can get to coming back for his ukulele. He already missed his precious instrument.)

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

CHRYSANTHEMUM

Lost Woods Pt. 2

The first task Chrys had was to find his bearings. As tough of a decision it was, he eventual decided leaving alive and failing the mission would be a better fate than dying alone in the forest. If only just slightly better.

The thick canopy of the woods kept the ground cloaked in constant shade, and as a result the little area one could walk was littered with unseen obstacles. Despite his pride in his coordination, he found himself constantly tripping over exposed roots and the occasional rock. Picking himself up after tripping over what seemed like the twentieth fall, he cursed the dim sunlight. He couldn't even use the sun to confirm his direction due to the towering trees. The thought of attempting to climb one crept into his mind, but his species was not particularly skilled at climbing, and it's not something he had ever attempted before.

A few more minutes of wandering revealed an area just a little further off that seemed much brighter than the rest of the woods. Thinking he may have found the exit, or at the very least a clearing he could check the sun's position with, he began to race towards the light. Dodging trees with his newly reassured grace, it seemed he was finally home free. That is, until his foot caught yet another root, and he slammed into the ground.

Almost ready to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation, he knocked his head on the ground in defeat. Positioning his leaves to push himself up, he suddenly felt the "root" move across his foot. Pushing himself on his back, what exactly he tripped on became obvious, a sleeping Bellsprout. A very angry, wild one at that.

Scrambling to his feet, Chrys heard the crack of a vine slamming into the ground he was just lying on. Having to think fast on his feet, he took off towards the light once more, the Bellsprout not far behind.

Unfortunately, the light did not signal the edge of the forest, only a large clearing. The wild pokemon followed behind, leaving Chrys to silent curse the fact he just gave away most of his cover. Realizing the fight was now inevitable, he dropped into a fighting stance and took the first move. Doing a practiced half spin, he let the momentum of the action carry one of his sharpened leaves to his target. The spinning leaf made contact, causing his foe to stagger back from the blow, but failed to make any noticeable damage.

The Bellsprout suddenly reared back, taking in a deep breath of air. As the plant Pokemon released his breath, Chrys noticed that many bright blue spores were carried in the wind. Initially panicking, when the tell tale sleepiness failed to take root in him he remembered that spore wouldn't affect him.

The revelation kept Chrys distracted enough to not notice the Bellspout suddenly charging him and wrapping itself around him.

Suddenly off balance by the weight of the Pokemon now surrounding him,Chrys fell directly into a pile of twigs, unable to stop his fall in any way. The Bellsprout had a tight hold on him, unable t move his arms nor expand his chest enough to get adequate airflow. Gasping for breath, Chrys burned some of his precious air struggling futilely against the binds.

Ugh, unless I move right now, I'm going to die! Not here, not to some Bellsprout…

In a desperate last ditch effort, Chrys began rolling in the direction of the forest once again. Picking up momentum, he could only hope that the positioning was right. A sudden impact and a squeal from his captor told him that he got lucky once more, he had slammed the poor pokemon's head into the tree. Suddenly feeling the Bellsprout's thin, snakelike body suddenly loosen, Chrys maneuvered his arms to face the sharp side out, and slammed his foe with as strong of a Fury Cutter as he could muster. The awkward angle hurt like no one's business and his joints would hate him in the morning, but he managed to break free from the Wrap.

Scrambling back towards the little pile of twigs, he saw the thin Pokemon stagger back up. Not taking any chances of a counter attack, he picked up one of the twigs and hurled it at the Pokemon. The pain in his shoulder prevented him from throwing it with too much force, but his aim was dead on and the stick struck the Pokemon's face. Picking up another one just in case, Chrys saw the Bellsprout eye him for a few moment before slinking off.

Collapsing to the ground to regain his breath, Chrys took in his surroundings. The small clearing had a trail cutting through it, and he would wager it lead out of the forest. Surprisingly enough, an odd set of footprints seemed to be leaving the trail and going off into the forest. Etching the shape of the prints in his memory, he hoped that this would be some kind of a clue the Guildmaster needed.

Picking his sore body up, he took note of the sun's position and guessed what direction he would have to take to leave.

Taking a moment to gather more twigs, just in case, he began down the path once more

INVENTORY

Stick.png
Stick x9

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
As Mira heard the directions, the blue pinniped searched frantically for a Fomantis. She really wanted to find Chrys, her only friend in this very scary environment. Before long, Mira started breathing a little heavily. Where is he, wher- Mira was too distracted to notice where she was going and bumped into a Rowlet. He jumped back and practically squawked in surprise, fluttering his wings and scattering a few feathers. She looked startled and proceeded to look down, squeaking out a "Sorry."

It didn't take long for the round little owl to calm down, and once he did he smoothed out his feathers before looking at Mira with a nervous smile. "My, my. It's not much trouble, consider it water under the bridge. And I must apologize for my...overreaction."

The Popplio didn't look back up to meet his eyes, awkwardly fidgeting as she replied, "O-ok." Even with that water under the bridge as Reggie put it, it still seemed that she was on edge, and didn't say anything else.

"It's nice to meet you!" The Rowlet piped up, reflexively breaking the silence. "I am si - err, I am Reginald, Reginald Featherbloom. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting today?" He gave the slightest of bows as he introduced himself, which honestly was the best a nearly spherical pokémon like himself could hope to do.

Reluctantly, Mira replied, "M-M-Mira. I'm a, er, fellow e-explorer." She tried her best to sound all formal in the company of this posh looking Pokemon but didn't seem to project that well.

Reginald flourished one of his wings in greeting. "Then I suppose we'd better get to tracking down those missing adventurers! Would you care to join me, miss Mira? If there's something out there that could make a few explorers vanish, lost or otherwise, it seems to me one shouldn't be alone in this place."

Looking around with a lack of uncertainty, she meekly replied, "I-I suppose, but I'm not sure about this anymore..."

"Nonsense!" Reginald huffed. "Can't you hear the call of adventure? We simply must learn what happened to those poor chaps! We might even be able to save them! And who knows what rich plunder we may find along the way?"

Mira said nothing in response, sighed and proceeded to follow Reginald's directions, all the while internally going through the litany of things that could go wrong. This was all in comparison to the relatively poised and adventurous Rowlet. When in this kind of situation, she tried to put on a face of some character, like Azura the Great, the dashing female knight. Taking a deep breath, she "channeled" the character and attempted to maintain some form of bravery, even if it was simply not freaking out at all of the newfound stress that her head told her was overwhelming.

They continued down the dirt path they'd found uneventfully for a while until the trees before them thickened into a wall, one with a Shroomish blocking their way through the only gap. "Halt! Neither of you shall pass! It's dangerous to go alone, and neither of you even has a sword!"

Reginald looked at Mira with a raised eyebrow, then reached into his feathers and plucked one. The feather glimmered slightly in the dim light filtering through the trees, and the Rowlet flourished it as if it were a blade. "Good enough?"

"No!" The Shroomish blurted out, his species' natural scowl growing grumpier than normal. "That's no sword! And everyone knows you've got to have a shield to match it!"

Mira looked at the Shroomish, holding out a light, purely cosmetic prop shield. "'Tis the shield you seek?"

If it was possible the Shroomish's brow furrowed even further, and when he saw Reginald's feather and the shield prop held up next to each other his eyes popped wide open. "Where'd you get a sword and a shield?! I'm pretty sure at least one of them was supposed to be in the forest behind me! Are you time travelers?!" After a moment of shaking and shouting the Shroomish stilled then slumped and stepped aside. "You can pass...I guess, but you'd better not bother the great Tropius when you get in there!"

Mira bowed to the Shroomish and continued onwards. She mumbled to herself "Wow, I...actually did it. I didn't freak out!" Her last exclamation, unfortunately, was audible.

"Of course you did, we're Plaza Adventurers!" Reginald encouraged the Popplio. "We'll handle whatever comes our way!" The optimistic little Rowlet's eyes gleamed and he began to hop ahead more excitedly, pushing towards whatever lay ahead of them.

"R-right," she mumbled. Mira followed him, hoping that she could continue this act for a little bit. The Popplio caught up to Reggie and followed him to the path deeper and deeper into the woods. As they continued onward through the log tunnel into the forest. The pair were lost for hours, wandering aimlessly and constantly being turned around and harrowed by creepy giggles that seemed to have no origin.

They were beginning to feel they'd been tricked into some sort of unsolvable labyrinth until Mira heard a startled peep and turned to see Reginald hopping backward from a small gathering of bushes. She saw a Spinarak darting off into the distance and assumed from Reginald's hooting and hollering that the spider pokémon had fallen out of a tree and onto the prim little Rowlet, but when she drew closer she saw Reggie staring at a trail of small footprints that clearly belonged to some other pokémon leading off deeper into the woods. "Evidence!" He shouted excitedly. "Shall we?" He asked, parting the bushes with a wing to reveal more of the trail.

"Y-yes." The Popplio went ahead and started to follow the trail at Reginald's insistence. The two opted to stick close together and keep a keen eye out for any lurking danger.

Oddball_

Years

P9oUmVn.png

8G6lcQG.png

ztXShmZ.jpg

It took awhile for all of the guild members to return with their findings, however once they all did, Drampa and Toucannon both seemed to ponder their findings.

"Torn bags that have been haphazardly tossed into the bushes would seem to point towards a robbery of some kind." Toucannon pointed out, rubbing his chin with his wing.

"I agree, and the scorch marks in the fight scene would point towards a high energy using type of pokemon being a part of the battle. Possibly fire or electric type." Drampa murmured with his eyes closed. "And yellow and blue fur... I don't know any fire types with those colourings.

"Oh! But guildmaster! The shinx evolutionary line has those colours, and they're electric types! Could this be a band of coniving shinx?" Toucannon proposed.
"Hmm... This isn't normally the type of terrain that Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray hang about though is it. Not to mention, it sounded like those footprints they found were far more... like a... er..." Drampa paused trying to think hard for a moment.

"Like a Galvantula! Nyeh!" A voice called from the edge of the woods.

As the group of guild members all turned to see what was occuring, An arachnid like figure was stepping out of the woods behind them. Behind him, several small joltics and a few Ariados and Spinarak were following close behind. "I'm not a fan of people poking about in my buisness, but i'll have you know i'm always a fan of adventuring guild members... of hearing them scream that is! En Guarde!"

GOAL: The boss of the woods is looking to fight, but he has two squads of cronies by his sides!

(1 post to defeat a joltic or a spinarak, 3 to defeat the Ariados, and i'll let you know when the Galvantula falls! These posts are accumulative, so don't expect to beat everything yourself! Focus on one enemy at a time!)
-Squad 1: 4 Joltics 1 Ariados
-Squad 2: Galvantula
-Squad 3: 3 Spinarak, 2 Joltics

Enemy Pokemon:

spinarak.gif
ariados.gif
joltik.gif
galvantula.gif

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

CHRYSANTHEMUM

Lost Woods BOSS: Squad 3 Part 1

Seeing the newcomers threaten not only the guildmaster, but more importantly himself, Chrys immediately dropped into a fighting stance. Outnumbered horribly, and by bug types no less, he would have to be a little more careful than he was in the fight with that Bellsprout. A single Spinarak seemed to mark him as it?s prey, and rushed towards him.

Hoping that the Spinarak was all guts and no actual skill, Chrys launched a spray of Leafage leaves at it, only to watch them hopelessly bounce off the spider pokemon, barely even slowing it down. The Spinarak retaliated with it?s own ranged move, launching a Poison Sting needle before charging again. With a practiced turn, Chrys barely managed to dodge the needle, it grazing his arm when it passed. Not feeling the tell-tale wooziness of poisoning, Chrys decided he was luckier than he first thought.

I really hate the forest. Why did we have to go somewhere so full of bugs?

Now close enough to start trading physical blows with the Spinarak, he prepared his arms for a Fury Cutter, revealing the sharp underside. Once he saw the spider preparing another attack, he charged forward with his own, swinging wildly. Unfortunately, it seems he misjudged the distance, and his foe managed to skitter away with only a graze instead of full cuts, and the small impact on his back told him his foe hadn?t missed his mark.

Peering over his shoulder, saw a long strand of spider silk forming a bridge between him and the Spinarak. Silently laughing at him being so worried about a String Shot of all things, Chrys turned to launch another flurry of blows at the bug type. And then Chrys noticed that the Spinarak was skittering around him, and the silk was beginning to stick to his arms and bind it to his side.

Chrys then realized his mistake. This wasn?t a String Shot attack, it was Constrict.

Now fully encircled, the silk was beginning to become too tight to breathe in. Swearing at getting caught in the same trap twice in one day, he took one last deep breath of air and began to wiggle with all his might.

?Don?t worry little one, a little air never killed anyone.? His foe taunted, ?But I guess you aren?t worried about too having much of that now, are you??

Feeling the Silk?s hold on him loosen just enough to maneuver his arms, Chrys prepared yet another Fury Cutter. For a Bug move, it sure was coming in handy today. Flexing outwards once more, he felt the strands begin to snap as his arms cut through them, and soon he was free once more.

?You gotta work on that binding,? Chrys taunted back, glad he wasn?t gasping for air like last time, ?a Bellsprout created a tighter hold than that!?

Springing forward, his Fury Cutter met it?s target this time, cutting several deep gashes into the little spider Pokemon. The Spinarak yelped in pain, but managed to scurry away from the assault. Turning around, it began booking it towards it?s allies, realizing it was in over it?s head.

?Oh no you don?t!? Chrys shouted after it, launching a Razor Leaf.

The Spinarak looked back in time to see the leaf spinning towards it. Unable to dodge on it?s injured legs, it was forced to take the hit. The Razor Leaf impacted with the poor Pokemon?s face, leaving a small gash and knocking it out. Before Chrys could feel too proud, however, a sudden pain in his shin told him the Spinarak left one more gift.

A white needle stuck out of his leg, fired right before it?s owner fell unconscious. Cursing his lack of awareness, Chrys fell to one knee as the world started spinning.

INVENTORY

Stick.png
Stick x9

Back