• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A revival.

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
I apologize if this is in the wrong spot... I couldn't locate the help-me-hack sub forum mentioned in the posting rules for this one. it's been a long time since I've been on last, and a lot has changed... (except the slogan)

Kidding aside, I'm the creator of a little known attempt at a FireRed hack called Pokemon Shoto Saga.
my mapping was on key, my sprite work was acceptable, and my story was sure to be a hit.
that was back in 2010... my life got hectic, and the project fell to the wayside.

I recently stumbled upon the flash drive that contained my hack, sprite work, and files upon files of storylines, outlines of what needed to be put in each eventbox, and even a walkthrough for the game itself.

but I could never wrap my head around the scripting, hex editing, and all that technical stuff. thats needed for adding pokemon, attacks, items, and so forth... (scripts for the event boxes you can set in advance map I understand, but things like expanding the pokedex, adding attacks, and so forth is over my poor little head. (on a scale of 1 to 10, my scripting and hex knowledge is about a 3... it just doesn't make any sense to me)

I'm not looking for handouts, but more so pointers in the right direction. I just have ZERO idea where to start, and after 7 years, i'm sure the ones that helped before are most likely moved on...
If someone could point me towards a way to have:
--a firered base that is as barebones as possible... wiped clean of the event boxes and their scripts, allowing for as much freespace as possible...
--and a resource or way to easily bring it up to 6th or 7th gen in terms of number pokemon, items, abilities etc. I'd be forever thankful. I've tried a couple, but once i apply the patches, nothing will open it, not even advance map or visual boy advance...

or if anyone knows of some really REALLY detailed tutorials on how to do all that. Like detailed to the point a baby monkey could do it with one hand and no bananas...

Again, I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong spot, or asked in the wrong way. I'm just a guy that really wants the pokemon region he's been creating since he was 10 to be reality.. (and i'm 27 now...)

Thrakon Deus

Thrakon Deus? It means...
Years
I apologize if this is in the wrong spot... I couldn't locate the help-me-hack sub forum mentioned in the posting rules for this one. it's been a long time since I've been on last, and a lot has changed... (except the slogan)

Kidding aside, I'm the creator of a little known attempt at a FireRed hack called Pokemon Shoto Saga.
my mapping was on key, my sprite work was acceptable, and my story was sure to be a hit.
that was back in 2010... my life got hectic, and the project fell to the wayside.

I recently stumbled upon the flash drive that contained my hack, sprite work, and files upon files of storylines, outlines of what needed to be put in each eventbox, and even a walkthrough for the game itself.

but I could never wrap my head around the scripting, hex editing, and all that technical stuff. thats needed for adding pokemon, attacks, items, and so forth... (scripts for the event boxes you can set in advance map I understand, but things like expanding the pokedex, adding attacks, and so forth is over my poor little head. (on a scale of 1 to 10, my scripting and hex knowledge is about a 3... it just doesn't make any sense to me)

I'm not looking for handouts, but more so pointers in the right direction. I just have ZERO idea where to start, and after 7 years, i'm sure the ones that helped before are most likely moved on...
If someone could point me towards a way to have:
--a firered base that is as barebones as possible... wiped clean of the event boxes and their scripts, allowing for as much freespace as possible...
--and a resource or way to easily bring it up to 6th or 7th gen in terms of number pokemon, items, abilities etc. I'd be forever thankful. I've tried a couple, but once i apply the patches, nothing will open it, not even advance map or visual boy advance...

or if anyone knows of some really REALLY detailed tutorials on how to do all that. Like detailed to the point a baby monkey could do it with one hand and no bananas...

Again, I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong spot, or asked in the wrong way. I'm just a guy that really wants the pokemon region he's been creating since he was 10 to be reality.. (and i'm 27 now...)

I'm very interested in helping if your still continuing. PM me.

Tixelpip

Pokémon Sweet Fan! :D
Years
Woah I had an idea to do something like this the other day I just have problems with the scripting stuff and all that. If I could help with this that'd be great. I am just good for doing stuff that you can't be bothered to do xD and I could learn other stuff too just not too experienced atm.

Back