• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Ageha's Short Stories

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
A/N - Always wanted to write a story, but I do not think I am ready to commit to long novel-like story,
so instead I decided that I shall write bunch of short stories about pokemon and their trainers. Hopefully you will like them. :)

Disclaimer - I do NOT own Pokemon in any way, shape or form.

Story 1 - Light in the Murky World

My whole life I have spent living in a marsh. I really like it here. It is nice and wet and it rains very often. There is a lot of shade around this marsh because of all the trees. I can always find a nice place where to stay out of the sun. Sun is just dreadful. I feel bad every time it appears even if I do not go in direct sunlight. When I go in the sun then I feel myself loose all the moisture, it is a very unpleasant and sometimes even a painful feeling. That is why me and all of my kind stay out of sun.

Well, at least I think they do. I do not see other goomy very often. And even when I happen to meet some, they always avoid me. I do not know why. Maybe I said something weird to them at some point in the past. But I honestly can't remember ever talking to them too much. As far as I can remember, all the other goomy have always avoided me, but who knows. Maybe it was not always like that.

Today is a very nice day since it is raining. I can freely roam around the marsh to search for berries and maybe some small pokemon. Catching other pokemon is very hard as they seem to notice me long before I can launch my attack, but that is okay because there were plenty of berries and other plants to eat. I am not very big, so food is not really an issue. As long as I have water I am good. But I feel a bit empty and unsatisfied all the time. Is it because I have no one to talk to? Because I have no one to play with? Probably. I would love to play with other goomy but they always disperse when I come near them. If I could have a friend then life in the marsh would be perfect.
But I can always play with some quagsire that live around here. They were an odd bunch. They didn't say much, didn't move much and honestly I do not think they had a lot of emotion. They did not mind my company, but they did not pay attention to me either. They did not pay attention to anything so I did not consider quagsire to be my friends. But I preferred their emotionless company rather than no company at all. Right now quagsire have gathered around one of the old tree stumps and are playing their favourite "staring game". It is not a interesting game. You just stare at each other. The first one to lose their eye contact loses the game. I always lost. Quagsires are really good at this game. Maybe that is why they love to play it so much.

I do not feel like playing "staring game" with quagsires today, so I decide to look around the marsh to see if I can find someone else to play with. Sometimes I ran into some haunter who liked to make silly faces at me. But haunter liked to play with humans more and they could be really mean at times. So they were not my friends either. And haunter say that humans give out such great reactions, that they had no interest in a little goomy like me anyway. I have never directly met a human, just seen some from afar. They look very odd to me with their slender, long limbs and weird fur that covered only the top of their heads. That is why I stay away from them. That and because all the other goomy always avoided humans. I am not sure why, but I am sure there is a good reason besides their weird looks. Other pokemon avoid humans too, so I guess I just do not want to be different.

As I look around the scene in the marsh, I see that in the far reach of it a group of goomy are rolling in mud, trying to push each other - playing. It looks so fun. I want to join their game, so I quickly scurry over to them. Maybe they will let me play this time? However I do not even get to reach them before one of the goomy notices me, says something to others and they all go away somewhere. Again they run away from me. I have grown used to it, but I just do not understand why they do this? Each and every time they run away, I feel a pain inside me I cannot explain. Have I done something wrong? Why won't they be friends with me?

*** Trainer POV

I hate this stupid, wet, disgusting, dark swamp! I am all wet because it is raining. The rain jacket does not help me much because there is water everywhere in the swamp (obviously) and I keep falling over some slippery tree branch that is hiding under the surface of the murky water. My boots also aren't helping as they are already full of swamp water. Why did I even come here? Right. Because someone in the pokemon center said that somebody saw a unusually colored goomy in this swamp.
Normally I was not too interested in goomy. They are dragon-types which is great, because I love all dragons, but their overall sliminess just does not attract me too much. But if there is an unusually colored goomy in the area, then I would be stupid not to try and find it.

However today it has been raining all day and swamp is not friendly on sunny days either. Why do goomies live in the swamp? Well, because they would die if they dry out obviously, but still. There should better places to live so your skin wouldn't dry out. This is just depressing and disgusting and so wet.

As I slosh around the swamp looking left and right to find that unusual goomy, I notice bunch of regular goomy playing in the mud. Seems like they have not noticed me, so I quickly duck down and hide behind an old stump. At least all this dark murkiness will help me hide myself from pokemon here as I was wearing dark clothes. However goomy were doing a good job masking themselves as well. Although their colors are not exactly blending with the stamp, their overall physique makes them look like some mushrooms that were growing around the swamp. If there wasn't for a whole bunch of them moving all at once, I probably would have thought those are the mushroom heads peeking through the swamp water.

I notice that none of the goomy looked any different from the other. I have no idea how this unusual goomy is supposed to look like. I am squinting my eyes, trying to find some difference in one of them, like a different colored cheek, a weirdly colored antenna or anything else really. But I can't find anything. Maybe I need to buy glasses? Or maybe that guy in the pokemon center had one too many swamp mushrooms?

Then I see something light with the corner of my eye. Something that does not belong in this murky, dark swamp. A goomy. But it is not like other goomy. It is not purple with green cheeks. It is a beautiful, light yellow color with reddish belly and purple cheeks. The colors are so beautiful and vibrant that in this murky swamp, this little goomy looks like a little sunshine. It instantly stands out from the rest. Seeing this little dragon scurrying along the wet slosh instantly makes me feel better. I almost forget that I am soaking wet from head to toe.

I see that the yellow goomy is trying to approach other goomy, but they scatter as soon as they see it. WHAT? I did not think pokemon could be such bullies! Are they avoiding this goomy because it had a different color? I can't believe it. In my eyes this goomy looks so beautiful and it certainly did not look like it wanted to hurt other goomy. Most likely it wanted to play with them. I would do anything to see this yellow ball of goop every day and be able to play with it. So as a pokemon trainer I take out a blue pokeball with yellow stripes going over it. This is my favourite pokeball as it works very well, if pokemon is not expecting a battle. Meaning it is the best pokeball to use if you want to catch a pokemon off guard. So I quietly stand up, tightly grip pokeball in my hand, take aim and… throw it right at the yellow goomy.

***Pokemon POV

I have no idea what happened to me. One moment I am in the swamp, going back to quagsire to play the "staring game" and the other I am in this bright place in some sort of weird, shallow, red pool of clear water. Water is only in the pool I am in, the rest of place looks dry and bright and nothing like the swamp. Weirdly enough the bright light does not feel like the sun. It is not hot and does not make me feel sick.

And then there is this weird human in front of me. It looks even more slender than most humans I have seen and has very long, brown fur coming from the top of its head, to the sides of its face and all the way down to its stomach(?). I am not sure were humans had their stomach, but I do not think it could fit in those thin limbs of theirs so I am going to assume that the center part is the stomach.

The human is smiling at me, I think, and looks very excited (probably). I feel a little scared of what this human is going to do to me. I want to get away but I have nowhere to go but this little pool of water.

"Do not worry little guy, I will not hurt you," human says in a quiet voice and crouches down as low as it can so it can look me in the eyes. Its voice sounds soothing so I calm down a little bit. But I am not trusting this weird creature yet! Who knows what it wants to do with me?

"You are such a pretty little guy, aren't you? How do you like this water? Is this enough to keep your skin moist?" Human asks me and I think it is concerned for my well being. I guess it understands that I need moisture to survive. The water that human has placed me in seems fine. But it feels unusual to be in water that was this clear. I do not dislike it though. It is refreshing. I crouch down a little to cover myself in the clean water. It feels nice. I have never felt so clean in my life. Marsh water always had dirt and sticks and all sorts of other things in it. I do not mind the dirt and mud, but sticks and tree branches did not feel nice. I would prefer if this water had dirt in it, but not having the sharp branches is nice.

"I'll take that as a yes," human laughs and puts its hand in the pool with me. I back away from it, scared that now human will show its true colors.

"I will not hurt you, I promise. I just really want to be friends with you. You are such a pretty little goomy after all, it would be a shame if you stayed in that murky, old swamp all your life. We could travel around together and see different places. You can also meet my other pokemon and be friends with them," human smiles and stretches out its hand towards me. I press myself to the wall of the pool and prepare myself to be touched by the human. However it never does. It leaves its hand close to me and keeps smiling. Does it really want travel with me? I have to admit that the thought of leaving the marsh has occurred to me few times and sometimes I did almost leave it. But it was so dry outside of the marsh. I could not survive out there for long so I had no choice but to remain in it. This human clearly knows that I need water to survive. Maybe it knows how I can travel in dry places without drying out.

I look human in the eye. Unlike quagsire, who seem emotionless, this human's eyes are full of emotions - happiness, excitement, but also nervousness. I really want travel and meet new pokemon! I really want to make some friends and have someone to play with. I do not even care that it will be together with a human. It seems nice and friendly and maybe I'll even get to play some fun games with it! I take a deep breath and put my face against humans outstretched arm. It is very unusual. Unlike everything in the swamp that is slimy, wet and cold, this human's hand is soft and very, very warm. Since human put its hand in the pool of water, the hand is wet, but it looks like the rest of its skin is dry. It chose not to touch me with its dry skin because it would hurt me.

I really like this warm feeling coming from human's hand. It is very comforting and not painful like the warmth from the sun. Maybe this is what it feels like to have a friend. Warm and comforting.

Last edited:

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Story 2 - Azure Sky

For last few battles I have not been doing well. Usually I am my trainers number one pokemon to go in battles. Very often my trainer didn't even need to use anyone else to help me. I am strong, I am fast and I am unstoppable. Or so I thought.

Lately I have found myself unable to beat my opponents. My trainer had to switch me out for another member of our team so I would not get injured. I hate that. I wanted to fight, I wanted to win and I wanted to be the strongest. My trainers decision to call me back frustrated me greatly and although I knew that she was right, I was angry at her nonetheless. And the more I had to be called back, the more frustrated I grew at myself and at her. Why wasn't I able to win? I had always been so strong! She must be doing something wrong for me to lose all this time.

As these thoughts and anger rouse me up from my sleep, I look around the camp that my trainer had prepared during the evening. Her other pokemon lay around her. They respected her a lot and believed they were really lucky to have such a great trainer as her. I had always thought the same as them, but right now I was not so sure. I was strong this whole time, but now I was getting weaker because she was a bad trainer. I can't be the strongest if I remain with this trainer. I have to get away.

*** Trainer POV

I wake up from the feeling of warm sunlight on my face. Even though it is still just 7 a.m. it is already quite warm outside. I am not used to such warmth as I am not native to Hoenn, however right now it feels pleasant. I enjoyed mornings in Hoenn, it was the daytime that was killing me. Heat was boiling me like a vegetable in a pot and the most frustrating part was that nobody else seemed to be bothered. This is what happens when you grow up in cold region and are unable to take the heat.

I get up and look around the camp to see my still sleeping pokemon. All of them look so peaceful. Except that something does seem right. Still being sleepy I look over my pokemon again and then it finally dawns on me. One is missing! My gabite Azure is not in the camp. I get up and frantically look around in hopes that he is just walking around somewhere nearby. But everything is quiet and I cannot see him anywhere.

Normally I would not get this worried if my pokemon had wandered off the camp, they always came back after all and they were in no way chained to me. But Azure has been with me for the least of amount of time and all signs pointed towards the fact that he is about to evolve. There is nothing worse than leaving pokemon on their own when they are evolving. It is a very confusing process for them, their bodies change rapidly and their hormones are also running haywire making them angry, frustrated and even scared. And to add some salt on fresh wounds, Azure has not been able to keep up in battles. Not because he was weak but simply because all the opponent we were facing were fully evolved pokemon. It was not his fault that his opponent were physically bigger and stronger than him. No amount of training could compensate for size difference. But I do not think he understands that.

If Azure evolves when he is alone he might not even recognize me as his trainer anymore. He already has not been obeying me completely lately so there is no doubt that he feels it is my fault. Maybe it is. Whatever the case I must find him.

*** Pokemon POV

A long time has passed since I left my trainer. Sun had already risen long time ago and it is almost midday. Weather is nice and hot but I still feel frustrated. I do not know where to go or what to do and right now I am not even sure if leaving my trainer was such a good idea. But what else am I supposed to do? If I stay with her then I will get as weak as a newly hatched gible. I want to be strong.

As I wander further past human cities and routes where my trainer has led me through, I find myself in the place I used to call my home - the desert. I guess my instinct told me to return to the one place I know the best. Maybe this what I need. To train in the place where I was born. Battle others of my kind and become stronger. That is right! That is exactly what I need to do! I do not need a trainer to get strong! All I needed to do is stay where I have been born, battles others who are strong and become the strongest!

*** Trainer POV

I am on a verge of a breakdown. Azure has been missing since morning and it already four in the afternoon. I am yet to eat anything even though my stomach was demanding food since the moment I woke up. Bruce, my sceptile, has been helping me track Azure and we have gone all the way from Meteor Falls to the desert. I feel really tired, but I am not stopping until I find my dragon.

As we near the desert I feel strong gust of wind picking up and sand starting to blow in my and Bruce's face. Sceptile is not pleased with the sand and he tries to cover himself with his tail. Unfortunately it is too short and all the sand keeps going right at Bruce. I know that he hates sand more than anything so I call him back. Azure has most likely gone to the desert, so I have to search for him there. I am not thrilled about going into the desert as it was really hot in the there and after going through it once I learned that everything you own will have at least few grains of sand in it for weeks to come. But I need to find Azure. it was because of him that I ventured in the desert the first time and he is the only the reason I would ever go back there.

*** Pokemon POV

Sandstorm is brewing in the desert. That is great! I love sand and heat and during sandstorm my opponents are very much bothered by it while I am not. I go around the desert battling anyone and anything I can find. I beat few sandscrews, few tranpinches and cacneas. I even encounter another gabite like me but they are all so weak. They do not pose a challenge at all. Maybe I can find some naive human and its team to battle. But sandstorm is only getting stronger and all humans have fled from the desert. They hate sandstorm more than anybody else.

So I continue wandering through the sandstorm searching for strong opponents. I see more gibles and gabites, but they are all weak so I do not even bother battling them. I need a worthy opponent to get stronger!

Suddenly I hear a familiar voice muffled by the noise of the wind. At first I can't tell what it is saying, but as I walk closer towards the source I hear "Azure". That is the name that my human trainer had given me. She says that Azure is the color of the sky. I do not think that I in any way looked like the sky but the name sounded nice so I did not mind it. Yet now the name only rouses more anger and frustration in me.

As I hear my trainer's voice get louder and clearer, I turn the other way. I do not wish to return to her. Only thing I want is power and strength. So I decide to climb up the side of the mountain that encases this desert. Maybe there are stronger opponent out here. I look around and search but nothing. Frustrated I roar out. Anger is raging within me like wildfire and I need to quench it.

Suddenly I hear an even louder roar reverberate throughout the area. Finally a worthy opponent! I look towards the source of the roar and see a giant, angry shadow emerge into view. A giant garchomp covered with battle scars. I did want a worthy opponent but I think this might too much. However the challenge has been made so there is no going back.

*** Trainer POV

As I scramble through the desert I hear a loud roar that sounds exactly like Azure. My heart flutters. I have found him. Then I hear another, a much louder and deeper roar which also seems to belong to a gabite or a garchomp. Now my heart sinks. Battles between gabite and garchomp usually end only if ones gets seriously injured or dies. Without a second thought I start running through the sand towards the source of the roars. It is very hard to run through a sandstorm, but luckily they sounded pretty close, so maybe I can get there in time to save Azure. Then I run into something with a loud thud and fall down into the sand. I look up and see a cliff in front me. I am positive that roars came from this direction meaning that Azure must be somewhere up on this cliff. I have no idea how tall it is as sand is blocking my view but without any hesitation I start to climb up.

As it turns out the cliff was not too tall so even someone like could climb it however underneath the sand covering it is very rugged so my hands and knees were scrapped and even bleeding at places. I distance myself from the edge of the cliff, so wind does not blow me off and look around. But the sandstorm is still strong and I cannot see anything.

"Azure!" I call out in the storm. But there is no answer. Then I see some movement in the storm. It is moving towards me. As it comes closer I manage to discern the flat head and limbs that are covered with fins.

"Azure!" I call out again and run towards the figure. And then stop dead in my tracks. It is not Azure.

*** Pokemon POV

I have been desperately trying to avoid the giant garchomp's attacks but it is too fast and I am too tired. Only now I realized the fact that I have not eaten anything since I left my trainer. Garchomp manages to hit me and that is enough. I am sent flying backwards. As I lay on the ground I wonder if maybe I never should have left my trainer. I blamed my weakness onto her, but she was the reason I wanted to get strong in the first place. She saved once in this desert before by beating a cacturne in whose territory I had so foolishly wandered into as a gible. She protected me and then offered me to travel with her and get strong. I wanted to repay my debt to her ever since, but somewhere along the way I got so thrilled by winning and getting stronger that I forgot why I wanted to be strong in the first place. But now I might never even see her again.

"Azure!" I suddenly heard my trainers voice as if she were right next to me. At first I felt relieved but then I notice that garchomp had turned its head towards the source of the noise. Slowly he turns away from me and walks off. Now I realize that he changed his target from me to her. I have never felt fear in my life, even when this garchomp was about to end me but I feel it now. He is going to hurt my trainer.

"Azure!" She calls again and I see her small figure emerge from the sandstorm. Has she mistaken the garchomp that was going towards her for me? A second later I hear her scream and see fear in her eyes as she realizes that the garchomp was not me. She fell over and stumbled back trying to reach the balls that carried other pokemon of her team. But she wouldn't be able to call for their help in time. I have act! Without thinking I rush to my feet and run towards the enemy. He will not hurt my trainer! Power and strength suddenly rush to my body, so without any hesitation I throw myself at the garchomp and slash at him with whole my might.

My sudden outburst of power must have startled the garchomp as it just disappeared into the storm. I wanted to pursue him to make sure he does not return, but then I see my trainer lying on the ground hands and knees covered in blood. Was I too late? Did the garchomp get her? I carefully nudge her with my claw. She looks so small and weak. For second nothing happens but then she moves. She's alive.

"Is it you Azure?" She looks at me and asks tears filling her eyes. What a dumb question! I growl at her angrily. She can't even recognize her pokemon anymore?

"Oh, it is you! Thank Arceus! You evolved, Azure! I am so happy I found you," She jumps to her feet and wraps her bloody arms around me. I realize that she seems smaller because I have gotten bigger. I evolved. That must the reason why the other garchomp retreated without a fuss. I notice her bleeding arms and knees and gently lick her wounds to clean them of any sand.

"Don't worry about those. Those are just scrapes I am just happy you are safe and sound, Azure," she smiles through her tears and wraps herself around me. She looks so weak and feeble and yet I know how strong she actually. She worries for me and her other pokemon day and night, makes sure we are happy and fed and healthy. Even when I run away she still finds me and worries for me. That is what real strength is like. From this moment on I swear to always protect her and make sure that no harm comes to her. That is the least I can do to repay for all the times she had to save me and cry because of me.

Last edited:

Cavespider_17

Charlie
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.K
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
Feedback Story 1:
✯ Overall, for a short story it was pretty interesting. It was nice seeing an underused pokemon appear as a main character for once. Seeing the world from the pokemon's eyes as its about to be caught doesn't happen often from what I've read. So good job on the front of new grounds.

Advice: Story 1:
✯ Add a new blank line in between paragraphs - doing so will help the flow of the stories.
✯ Did it change perspective half way through? If so I recommend giving an indication to whom it changes perspective to at the start.
:)

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Feedback Story 1:
✯ Overall, for a short story it was pretty interesting. It was nice seeing an underused pokemon appear as a main character for once. Seeing the world from the pokemon's eyes as its about to be caught doesn't happen often from what I've read. So good job on the front of new grounds.

Advice: Story 1:
✯ Add a new blank line in between paragraphs - doing so will help the flow of the stories.
✯ Did it change perspective half way through? If so I recommend giving an indication to whom it changes perspective to at the start.
:)

Thank you for your feedback! I wasn't sure if I should add the POV indication as I have read many stories where it is no indicated, but I guess since I am changing it so often sometimes it would make reading easier. :)

Back