• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.N.C

Tile Artist
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
wow this game looks really good.
i really like the hungry factor etc.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
wow this game looks really good.
i really like the hungry factor etc.

Thanks, and your tiles are making it look even better :D

Yes, a normal TV would be, but not if it would be built into the pokegear.

Hmm...a TV would be a good idea (like the teachy TV in FR/LG). But I'm afraid that my knowledge is limited. I wouldn't know how to go about making such a feature , not to mention making the video's themselves.

Anyway. I've spend some time trying to make an HG/SS styled menu, and while I was doing it, it turned out that it's much better and more practical than my old one. It took me ages to figure out how to go about enabling various toggles (like the running shoes) and enable the mouse controls and message text skipping for my bottom screen. These gave me quite a headache since the scripts aren't properly compatible, but I've managed to finish it. Ok now onto the below screenshots.

The first screenshots are just of the new menu interface. The running shoes can be toggled on (just like in HG/SS) by left clicking them and they can be toggled off by right clicking them. The little button with the "CHECK" turns green when the "C" button is pressed or it is being left clicked. This is like the "A" button in all other Pokemon games, and allows you to interact with objects and skip messages. If the same button is right clicked it acts as "X" being pressed which if for cancelling thing (the same function as the "B" button in standard games). Also I've decided to give the player more freedom and choose their interface colors instead of them depending on the gender. By selecting the colors from the main menu, the color is applied to all other systems except the Battle System.
capture009d.png
capture017.png
capture008.png

capture020.png
capture022.png
capture023.png

And to make a nice round closing, here is the new interface of the trainer card.
capture007.png

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Looks very nice, but I don't think you should have to right click to turn off the running shoes.
Right clicking is fine for backing up in menus, but not when it serves the same function as left clicking. Keep it simple fo users to pick up and play by just having you either click the button to toggle the running shoes on or off with the left click.
You should revamp the battle system so it fits in the the nice style of the rest of the interface.
It looks great, but the systems will looking tacked together if they are not consistent.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
can someone please tell me what the popularity points are?
I can't remember taht feature :S

But for the update, i really like the new menu screen like in HS/SS and the ability that you can set teh running shoes on auto.
But i agree with neo-dragon. Left clicking would make it so much greater to play.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
can someone please tell me what the popularity points are?
I can't remember taht feature :S

But for the update, i really like the new menu screen like in HS/SS and the ability that you can set teh running shoes on auto.
But i agree with neo-dragon. Left clicking would make it so much greater to play.

Popularity points are exactly what it says. These are points you obtain when battling trainers, that indicate how well known (or popular you are). Some trainers might not want to battle you unless you have a certain popularity level. This acctually goes most for the gym leaders. If you are not popular enough the gym leaders won't battle you.

Looks very nice, but I don't think you should have to right click to turn off the running shoes.
Right clicking is fine for backing up in menus, but not when it serves the same function as left clicking. Keep it simple fo users to pick up and play by just having you either click the button to toggle the running shoes on or off with the left click.
You should revamp the battle system so it fits in the the nice style of the rest of the interface.
It looks great, but the systems will looking tacked together if they are not consistent.

I never said that the battle system won't be revamped. I said that the color of the battle system wont change depending on the color you pick, but instead will change depending on the environment you are in and depending on special battle conditions (like gyms and E4 and legendary pokemon).

Regarding the running shoes, there is no problem in changing it just to one click. Just a minor adjustment.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I mainly just ment the HP bars- and maybe even the battle ground. The buttons from the last update looked great as I said, so the overall look should now be looked at.

Great to hear your changing the clicking button.
It's nice to see you took that on board.
Please try do this for every request you get, and if the request is silly, try figure out what the person would like improved.
Good man.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Excellent! again, but... the only thing that changes is the background? I mean, the menu itself wont change color? I like the color anyway. Just asking.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
The graphics are looking really good! I think that the "X" graphics for the Pokemon menu could get really annoying. Besides for that keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh and the "T" on the Trainer Card is green instead of white like the rest of the letters. I think that should be fixed. ;)

~Biel~

...dstv...
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2010
New design!
good ... by what I see, this will be a game with graphics very similar to the original games!

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Hmm...a TV would be a good idea (like the teachy TV in FR/LG). But I'm afraid that my knowledge is limited. I wouldn't know how to go about making such a feature , not to mention making the video's themselves.

Actually, you wouldn't have to make videos. All you'd have to do is have basically a slideshow of images with text.

For example: You could have a picture of the game's main building (ie: Silph Co., Devon Corp., etc.) and have text come up saying things like "(Insert company name here). Making the world a better place to live for humans and pokemon." Or something like that.

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
More Ideas

Thanks, and your tiles are making it look even better :D

Also I've decided to give the player more freedom and choose their interface colors instead of them depending on the gender. By selecting the colors from the main menu, the color is applied to all other systems except the Battle System.

Haha, i guess you implemented my idea! Well, that's never happened before.

Anyway, the tiles are really smooth and seem like candy lol. Nitendo's been dealt another blow! They can't keep up!

I wanted to see if you could revamp the taller grass because it seems to look like a bush that you cant walk through. Just saying. I'd like a favour if you have time. Maybe you could make a Black-Green kind of "Upgrade from Ben 10" theme. Just the colour. Since i have Photoshop, though, maybe you could just send me the canvas sizes for the different images that make up each button, BG or something and i could make my own.

Brock looks cooler with the long hair. He'll finally have a chance at non-crazy girls! LOL-XD-:p and all other signs.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I have space for two more color schemes. I can implement that kind of color, but I'm not sure if the green-black-white one would go so well with the buttons since they are not changed with the color schemes, but rather the background of each interface.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Actually, you wouldn't have to make videos. All you'd have to do is have basically a slideshow of images with text.

For example: You could have a picture of the game's main building (ie: Silph Co., Devon Corp., etc.) and have text come up saying things like "(Insert company name here). Making the world a better place to live for humans and pokemon." Or something like that.

Yes, sort of like the things they have in platinum (in the beginning and after the explosion).

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2010
wow this looks like a really nice game... hehe modernized pokemon with the credit card and the health factors.
its kinda like you combined sims with pokemon

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
Wow, this looks really promising! I'm looking forward for some more updates! My favorite part of the game would be the fact that you can go in all regions!

By the way, if you want a spriter I'll be happy to sprite. Sadly, I'm only good with battle sprites and I'm not really good at overworld sprites. Plus, my style of spriting is very different from this game so I highly reccomend not to. If you want me to show some examples, I'll be happy to make something as quick as I can because everything I have is currently on my other computer and I'm on my laptop ight now.. And, not to mention that I'm relatively new, so I'm probably not a good choice because nobody really knows me yet.

Last edited:

Fraot

Years
Actually, if this game were more realistic... the hunger bar should be counted from 0 to 100... I mean, if my hunger level is 0, that means I don't need to eat, but if it's 100, I'll die if don't eat ASAP.
Have you considered that Luka?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
if you pull this off. this may be the best game i have ever played...excluding FIFA

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Actually, if this game were more realistic... the hunger bar should be counted from 0 to 100... I mean, if my hunger level is 0, that means I don't need to eat, but if it's 100, I'll die if don't eat ASAP.
Have you considered that Luka?
I see what you mean, but with what Luka put in, I believe its more like the sims where you fulfill the hunger level, 100% fulfilled means you don't have to eat.

Fraot

Years
Yeah...

I see what you mean, but with what Luka put in, I believe its more like the sims where you fulfill the hunger level, 100% fulfilled means you don't have to eat.

I figured it out already. It's good anyway, those systems are excellent. I was just saying. Lets see Luka's next update now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back