• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: POKEMON STADIUM KAIZO: The first Pokemon Stadium Hard Mode Hack

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Pokémon Stadium Kaizo
xwDtH70.png

The Ultimate Pokémon Challenge
BPS Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hc657apqqkb32e8/SHFsPkmnStdmR3R4.zip
(See at the bottom for details)
l6d4yiC.png

Introduction
Pokémon Stadium is a game that I enjoyed, and is what kept me into the Pokémon Series.
This is the very first Pokémon Stadium hard mode hack that has some key features. It is nonprofit passion project.

FEATURES:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Vastly Improved Rental Pokémon:
XhfqESF.png

Poke Cup Rental Nidoking, with a good movepool and stats.
9Pa3jba.png

Petit Cup Rental Oddish, with a level increase to differentiate itself from other grass types. Many Pokémon in different cups have this.
khGosYe.png

Pika Cup, with as much variety as legally possible in both the Japanese Version, Default Wild Move, Yellow, Tradebacks, and Ingame trades with breeding. This is one of the cups with exclusive unevolved rental Pokémon not found in most cups.
PmME2nH.png

Some Rentals may have nicknames of their Pre-evolutions. They have different movesets for additional variety. This hack factors in emulators that may not be able to utilize the Transfer pack, Much better than the Original Game's rentals. That is a good thing in this game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. All Pokémon can be registered in the Hall of Fame:
03JVjeE.png

That's right! Without a transfer pack, it is actually possible to register all Pokémon to the Hall of Fame. It will take a little more work because some Pokémon are only found in certain cups, particularly unevolved Pokémon, but you will have to beat Round 1 in order to access the Round 2 cup with one more rental. Now R2 in the original is infamous for its difficulty, and there is Kaizo in the title so...
3. Enemy Trainers are SIGNIFICANTLY HARDER than the Original Pokémon Stadium:
IUOfSW8.png

I'm not going to lie. If I didn't change those rentals, this would be impossible to beat.
LgYLYWZ.png

Right from the start, your enemies will have fully evolved Pokémon. The only exceptions are Pokémon that have moves or stats, or in a couple of cases, typing, that enable them to be better than Butterfree, or even several mid-evolutions. The ascending difficulty of the cups determines the quality of the moves or fully evolved Pokémon you face.
eloQLx4.png

Single level cups such as Petit Cup and Pika Cup will often start out a bit harder than the others, some with wildcards that somewhat fit the theme or stratagem of the trainer. Also, nicknames of enemy poekmon are changed. You can laugh and make fun of me if you want if you find a name silly, and repeatedly used, but this makes them stand out (and some may be better than the original nicknames).
3zqFROs.png

Difficulty Factors:
A. The AI is changed for nearly every single trainer.
B. The Teams are revamped. Bosses in Gym Leader Castle will have Wildcards, and Often their Signatures. If not, then their underlings may use them.
C. Movesets are changed to compliment the AI and their strategies. Many are universally threatening, but some may try some gimmicks, or unique strategies to them.
D. And of course, the enemy stats are raised higher than Round 2 Pokémon Stadium 1.
E. Think of Pokémon Stadium Kaizo R1 as R3, and Kaizo R2 as R4.
F. Kaizo Round 2. Apart from many relentlessly cruel battles that can make you question the validity of your existence, there are some unique battles in every cup that you can encounter, usually on the fourth battle in the Stadium Cups, and quite a surprise near the end of Gym Leader Castle Round 2.
G. Continues? (See Below)
Ha2qJYb.png

4. Continue?
You might think it may be like the Pocket Monster's Stadium version where there are 42 1997 Nintendo Cup staples and no continues. In the Stadium Cups, that is still not the case; as long as you can manage perfect wins, you can still earn continues. There is also quite a bit more variety early on. You most likely won't face those monsters until Ultra Ball. A blessing because some fights can possibly checkmate you.
wGv7uxe.png

Sadly for you, Gym Leader Castle has no continues, and every single trainer is more threatening than before, though that's not saying much. Some are easier than others, but you can expect Gym Leaders to put up a fight. Especially the Elite 4.
Now if you feel like your emulator may crash or something might interrupt you, you are encouraged to save state. If you feel like resorting to save states as infinite continues, or even mid battle, you probably shouldn't consider thinking the game is easy at any point.
5. Achievements:
Unfortunately you don't really get exclusive prizes different from what you get for the transfer pak, assuming you are even using one. That is why I'm throwing in a little achievement list. Its not much, but I will list you on if you pull it off.
ZVVGZ9K.png

a. Beat R2 Mewtwo
b. Surfing Pikachu challenge
c. Rental Only run
d. Get all 151 Pokemon in Hall of Fame
e. Secret achievement (This is mostly in regards to those who use the transfer pack, I'll mention you achieved it as long as you AVOID using certain moves. I won't reveal which, but thankfully it is extremely few.
f. No continue Run (Pocket Monsters Stadium challenge: Go through a tournament cup without losing AT ALL.) Good luck with this one if you are really bold. Because "Nuzlockable" this game is not.
g. Assist people in getting Pokémon Stadium Kaizo to run.
(This is a nice gesture to other people, and I will credit you most on this, especially the first one. Emulators can be finicky things, so make sure to list specific ones, because this rom might have trouble working on emulators without changing emulator settings. I'm still new to that aspect myself)
6. The Download Link:
The patch file is stored in a zip file. WinZip is needed to open it.

This is slightly a bit different from IPS. You will need a BPS file or FloatingIPS, which patches z64 files.
It is mostly the same as patching with the IPS file: Rom base, the patch file, an emulator, but you'll also generate a brand new file.

However, there may be some issues. You'll need the new checksum, two CRCs to change in the RDB file somewhere in the Project64 configuration file/program file? That is because there is one battle data change that did cause the checksum to be different. It may not matter in other emulators outside of Project 64. If you can provide assistance in getting the Project 64 hack to work, (especially if you have video proof of it working for Project64 on youtube) please let us all know in the posts. I'll make sure to credit you all.

BPS link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hc657apqqkb32e8/SHFsPkmnStdmR3R4.zip

Spoiler:

7. Credits:
Froggy25, for the amazing Pokémon Stadium Editor.
Myself, for spending 3 months editing and playtesting AIs and changing rentals and teams.
Anyone who helps out with the Project64 RDB issue.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
WOW! This really caught me off guard. Pokemon Stadium was a favorite of mine but the crappy move-sets of the rental mons often kept me away. It would have been far better if you made a Kaizo of Stadium 2 tbh but nonetheless I am sure this will be enjoyable.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Found a problem here. Went to Poke cup and when I selected one of the nicknamed Charizards (The Charizard nicknamed Charmeleon, specifically), the game crashed. Again with the Blastoise named Squirtle

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Found a problem here. Went to Poke cup and when I selected one of the nicknamed Charizards (The Charizard nicknamed Charmeleon, specifically), the game crashed. Again with the Blastoise named Squirtle

The game crashed because the of the new checksum, which I mentioned in the text file accompanying the bps. The nicknames don't cause it, but the RDB file needs to be updated with a near identical entry with the Original CRCs, only the new entry needs the Old CRCs replaces with the new. The region code is the same. The tricky part is where to place the entry with the new CRCs, and most likely HOW to edit the RDB file. This glitch happens for Project 64, and is common with many N64 hacks. Most likely why Pokemon Stadium hacks are almost nonexistent for PJ64.

LUXIOtheBEST

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account
Years
You are AMAZING! WOW! How can you do this? I thought it was impossible to hack Pokemon Stadium. This is sick. 10/10! :nod::smile:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
As if Pokémon Stadium wasn't hard enough as is.

Also, curious as to how you'd use a transfer pack on an emulator? Is that a known thing?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
As if Pokémon Stadium wasn't hard enough as is.

Also, curious as to how you'd use a transfer pack on an emulator? Is that a known thing?

The only emulator I know that can't use the transfer pack is the 1.6 version of Project 64. Later versions can have transfer pack compatibility, and I do believe many other N64 emulators have it as well.

Gotta have the rby files, the emulator with a transfer pack plugin, and you'll be able to use cartridge Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium Kaizo.

Notably, Poke Ball and Great Ball difficulties in Stadium Kaizo Round 1 are roughly as hard, if not harder, than Round 2 Ultra Ball in the original Pokémon Stadium. Kaizo Ultra Ball, let alone Kaizo Master Ball R1, might be harder than the Nintendo Cup 97-98 rounds in the Japanese versions of Pokémon Stadium.

You don't even want to imagine Kaizo Round 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 23, 2021
Great job, I'll try the ROM hack right away :)
Now I have another reason to resume work on the editor ^^

Edit: I saw in your video that some Pokémon like Charizard have pink moves like Rock Slide. You can either fix that by editing the learn sets, or by removing the checks in this subroutine.

Last edited:

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I still can't make this think work properly. I wonder, what kind of emulator should I use.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Great job, I'll try the ROM hack right away :)
Now I have another reason to resume work on the editor ^^

Edit: I saw in your video that some Pok?mon like Charizard have pink moves like Rock Slide. You can either fix that by editing the learn sets, or by removing the checks in this subroutine.

Is there a way to ban or unban certain Pok?mon without changing the CRC? Or ban a specific move where it does not change the crc?

I would like to release a much more user friendly easy to patch mod, without dealing with the muk that is RDB file editing, because I hate to admit, I?m having issues with this.

Bryan Chen

Bchen2
Years
I played this Pokemon Stadium Kaizo game and make it to Round 2 - beaten Pokecup Master Ball , Gym Leader Elite 4, and Pika Cup and Petit Cup R2 I just need to prep for Prime Cup now.

If you guys have any question or concerns I can answer.

All of the teams I use are my own from Pokemon Yellow I don't use none of the rentals.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I'm using FLIPS v1.31 and it says "this patch is not intended for this ROM" can I get some help with that? I am using Pokémon Stadium (USA).n64 I do not know which ROM I should download then can someone please help me?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
the patch requires the game to be in .z64 format.
you can change the format of your existing rom with tool64.
i just did a google search for it and got it from zohar's domain

Last edited:

Bryan Chen

Bchen2
Years
I heard there was an Update applied to Stadium Kaizo on May.

What changes were made?

I heard Pika Cup R1 is harder?

Anything else that was changed?

I still am playing the Original Pok?mon Stadium Kaizo

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
hey sorry for necro but i cant get the game to patch correctly can someone just pm me the rom or if that wont work just make a patch for it other than .bps ips ups anything will work ppf, xdelta etc

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Same questions as above how can i get this to work my floating ips is saying the rom doesnt match

Back