• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonball: The Future Awaits! [M] (OOC/ SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
@ Kazuki and Nideous: Do it, and I'll boot you both out. :P Either of you can make one NPC, and that NPC could be the Krillin for this RP.

@ EVERYONE: My SU is done. Check out the front page.

Nam

Years
Well, I'll leave my character's power level as is. It matches his self-esteem as a Blizzarian. Later he'll accept himself or something and improve. Why should we always be ultra powerful from the start? xD

BTW, can we add NPC later in the RP as-well? Like, right now I don't plan on making one. But I might later.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
@ Nam: Sure. You can make your NPC anytime you want!

@ EVERYONE: Will someone please say something about Paci? You know, the Majin character I'm going to be using?

Nam

Years
Okay, let's have an exchange on character opinions. :P
I love the fact that your character is going to refer to itself in third person, instead of saying "I" or "me". I just laughed thinking about it and your character seems very lovable. :P

BTW, shouldn't Majin Buu still be alive? I alway thought them to be kinda immortal. xP They just regenerate and crap. And as you said, they don't age. So, in a world of peace, how could Majin Buu die?

Edit: I edited the appearance of my character. I forgot to mention his Katana. And the fact that he only uses it when the opponent has a weapon at hand. It's something that has to do with Honour or whatever. :P

Years
Checked it out, liking the character. What we have here is your typical child soldier, an innocent little girl who sees fighting as a game and loves every minute of it. Unless you anger her, in which case she snaps and tries to kill you. I bet that after a fit of rage she instantly reverts back to sweet little girl mode.

Seems we have a couple characters who treat combat as a game or sport. Weird.

Nam

Years
I think that was influenced from the original DBZ episodes. Everyone treated it like a game. So we're treating it like a game. Plus, in peaceful times. Why would someone take it so seriously? xP

What do you guys think of my character?

Last edited:
Years
Wow. You just pounced on my post. Fastest reply ever.

As for your character, I like it. He has a punny name that is significant to his character, a likable backstory, and is interestingly flawed. My character would disagree with his "no need to learn combat skills in a time of peace" philosophy, but my guy's a bit of a blood knight. What interesting interactions we shall have...

Nam

Years
Wow. You just pounced on my post. Fastest reply ever.
Coincidence xD when I'm excited about an RP, I tend to check on the thread ALOT.

As for your character, I like it. He has a punny name that is significant to his character, a likable backstory, and is interestingly flawed. My character would disagree with his "no need to learn combat skills in a time of peace" philosophy, but my guy's a bit of a blood knight. What interesting interactions we shall have...

Glad you liked it. I honestly wanted to be a Human type character and go all super saiyan on everyone. xD But I decided to do everyone a favour and add a Blizzarian to the RP. xP At first, I felt like I was sacrificing the fun from me. But as I began to write and get ideas for my character. I warmed up to him. And now I'm even more excited. :P

Also, this might disappoint you but, the philosophy "no need to learn combat skills in a time of peace" belong to his parents. My character constantly thinks about fighting, just like everyone else. It's our lives. xD That's why we're entering a tournament. Although, I do think their encounter will be somewhat interesting. Your character hates weaklings, my character is a weakling. xD But he'll grow strong sooner or later. One things for sure. My character won't be winning this tournament. xD And I don't think the tournament will reach the end anyway. Someone might make a stupid wish like, "reviving an ancient god."

I like how Jeriba wants to take responsibility for the trouble his ancestors have caused *cough*kingpiccolo*cough*, but he's all cool about it and easy going.

Any commentary on ma "Kazuki Silver" Character? I like to have very odd and unusual characters...

As for your character. I think his background is interesting, and definitely likely to happen if DBZ was in fact, continued. Plus, he uses dual blades. xD That's definitely a first, and it shows the resemblance to his father. I think your character was the closest to who my human character was going to be. Except, my human character was going to be a shameful self-insertion. I tend to do that a lot. xD

Edit: I have a bad habit of making little faces between sentences a lot. xD <<<like this... I hope it doesn't annoy everyone. But don't worry, none of that in the RP. xP

Who else thinks this is awesome?
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for the feedback, Nam.

As for Kazuki, he resembles an interesting blend of Trunks and Yamcha. On the one hand, he is very similar to his father, a calm, morally upright man with strong convictions and a sense of honor. On the other, he shares Yamcha's wild past and tenacity, drawing inspiration from the creature that his life so resembles. Plus, I find the thought of wolves teaching a boy martial arts to be hilarious. Kazuki is another character who will either be good friends or bitter rivals with Jeriba.

Just out of curiosity, can I call you Todd? It's confusing, you sharing a name with your character.

And when do we get to see Nideous' character?

Nam

Years
It seems Nideous' character is gonna remain a mystery for us until the RP starts. He apparently sent his SU to Game Over via private message or something. Anyway, I think tomorrow we might be able to start the RP cause the only one left is Pokemongarnet. I hope he/she's almost done with the SU. ><

かずき Kazuki

Feeling down and broken...~
Years
As for your character. I think his background is interesting, and definitely likely to happen if DBZ was in fact, continued. Plus, he uses dual blades. xD That's definitely a first, and it shows the resemblance to his father. I think your character was the closest to who my human character was going to be. Except, my human character was going to be a shameful self-insertion. I tend to do that a lot. xD

Thank you, and I wanted to show my Saiyan roots with a legitimate background behind it, I'm glad it was accepted that way. I might be the most Saiyan in the RP so far :P Unles, of course, Daddy shows up... XD On that note, I think, soon, Kazuki will learn Burning Attack, Buster Cannon, Sonic Blades Attack (Variation of Sonic Sword Attack) and Shining Blades Attack (His variation of Shining Sword Attack). I feel like I made him more of a Yamcha than a Trunks. Personality-wise, yes, he's trunks. It seems he's compared to Yamcha because of the Wolf Fang Fist as well as the "trained by Wolves" thing. I actually wasn't intending on it, but it goes along with Kazuki's lack of parental guidance. Instead, he was adopted into a pack of wolves and they treated him like the family he never had. On that note, a minor ability of Kazuki's is the ability to communicate with animals. No, not with words, but more like motions, and noises. I want him to have more Trunks-based moves, because he would be a natural at it, because of his father. Oh yeah, and unlike Yamcha, Kazuki wouldn't have a panic attack anytime there's a girl around... XD
1094939872_Embarassed.jpg

Ahhh, where was I... Oh yes. Trust me, my characters are much more intricate than sign-ups reveal...

As for Kazuki, he resembles an interesting blend of Trunks and Yamcha. On the one hand, he is very similar to his father, a calm, morally upright man with strong convictions and a sense of honor. On the other, he shares Yamcha's wild past and tenacity, drawing inspiration from the creature that his life so resembles. Plus, I find the thought of wolves teaching a boy martial arts to be hilarious. Kazuki is another character who will either be good friends or bitter rivals with Jeriba.

Just out of curiosity, can I call you Todd? It's confusing, you sharing a name with your character.

Yes, he is very much like his father. Who knows, maybe his mother was related to Yamcha in some way XD ... Oh yes, Kazuki takes honor to extremes. And his past is still somewhat similar to Future Trunks', in that he did not really see his father, (or his mother in this case). And the "trained by wolves, learned martial arts" was not really a joke. And there literally IS a "Wolf Style" of Martial arts, but it is literally almost unheard of. I've tried researching it before, and very little showed up. The idea that he learned his fighting, and even his blasts, from animals, goes into the idea that he can "analyze his opponents in battle, and use it to his advantage". This can also add the idea that after any battle he could learn another new move that his opponent had used. Also, he can learn his opponent's weaknesses as the battle progresses. And no, you may not call me Todd. You may call me Shayde, if it really bugs you so much that I named my character after my username. As for enemy or rival? Kazuki has many great abilities for fighting, but his personality is one that only fights as a last resort, and he is generally kind to most everyone he meets. This also goes along very well with his deep honor. He is very polite as well, bowing upon introduction to others. Though, he is somewhat of a loner, and usually won't confront others. Instead, he waits until someone confronts him. Oh yeah, and he might enjoy the occasional practice-fight, as long as you don't take it too far. Training does not mean epic death-match you guys XD

~

Again, I'd like to add that the "adopted family" Kazuki was in (that pretty much ignored him) could possibly be the family of another RP member. All you'd have to do is fit it into your History section.

ALERT
So, you guys really liked my RP / Character creation? I've been hoping and working towards the "Best Sign-Up" award, and I want some feedback. What could I improve on? What did I do, good and bad?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
@ HunterZero: Unfortunately, all the spots are either taken or have been reserved. Therefore you have not been reserved. If pokemongarnet doesn't have a SU up by Sunday though, I will gladly take your reservation.

@ EVERYONE: Be proud of your characters. They are quite believable and very well done. I'm proud to be your GM for this RP. Oh, and thanks for the feedback on Paci.

@ Kazuki: You SU is great. You might get that award if you keep on making amazing characters for other RPs. However, don't make that the only reason why you're making SUs. That would be a waste of a character. And who said that your character is going to be the closest thing to a Saiyan in this RP? :P

@ Nam: If you want to be technical about it... Majin Buu IS still alive. This RP takes place two thousand years after the events of Dragonball GT. Now, does anyone remember what happened to Majin Buu in Dragonball GT? :D

@ EVERYONE: You are all correct. Nideous' character won't be shown until we start the RP and do a few things. Also, you might want to take a look at the front page. I added a few things in the races section as well as the SU. Be smart about your decisions. For those with complete SUs, don't worry. You are still accepted. If you could just please add that one thing, I would be grateful.

かずき Kazuki

Feeling down and broken...~
Years
You SU is great. You might get that award if you keep on making amazing characters for other RPs. However, don't make that the only reason why you're making SUs. That would be a waste of a character. And who said that your character is going to be the closest thing to a Saiyan in this RP? :P

Thank you. And of course I'm not doing this only for Sign-Ups... I'm very picky in which RP's I join, and I'm excited to use my characters. Also, Skymin trained me afterward, so my next Sign-up, wherever it is, should hopefully be much better. As it turns out I had made many a flaw. And I was saying my RP player seems like the most direct descendant. Since you went through this in the plot (how their saiyan blood is so diluted that they can't grow tails). I'm not sure if Future Trunks has a tail, or he just cuts it off, but Kazuki Silver will not grow a tail, even if he is a quarter-saiyan. And I was only speaking of the Sign-Ups... Are you implying that yours, or maybe that hidden PM Sign-up, has more than a quarter of Saiyan Blood?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
@ Nideous: Let them stew my brother. Let them stew until we officially begin. XD

@ Kazuki: It is generally assumed by the Dragonball community that Future Trunks' tail was removed when he was born and every time it grew back until he became an adult. At that point, it just didn't grow back. It is also assumed that quarter-saiyans cannot grow tails, since we don't see Pan have one at any point in the series. *shrug*

As for my character, Paci is a full-blooded Majin. Check the front page if you haven't seen her yet. :P As for Nideous' PM SU, that is for Nideous and I to know and for everyone else to find out. :P Anyways, yes, your character is the closest to a full-blooded Saiyan among the SUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back