• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shiny Hunter Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@Janske - congrats - my Dratini took twice as long almost, but that is just my luck.

@brickbusterx - congrats on Mareep, that would have been my second preference on the route I was looking on.

@cheesecake - congrats on another Spearow and commiserations on Caterpie.

Now that is all taken care of....

So found this guy, not my first or second choice but still happy:

Spoiler:

Now up to lvl 22 and evolved. Have beaten Clair and just picked up the extremespeed Dratini. Ready to do the whole Lugia garbage then demolish the league.

Game progress update:

Shines: 3 (4 if counting Red Gyarados)
Badges: 8

Years
Before I join this challenge, I have a question. You know how in the games when deciding to choose your starter Pokémon, you can see the sprite of the Pokémon? Well in which games can you tell if the starter Pokémon is shiny before actually choosing it? It will just make it easier for me to get a shiny starter. I'm obviously not much of a shiny hunter. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Before I join this challenge, I have a question. You know how in the games when deciding to choose your starter Pokémon, you can see the sprite of the Pokémon? Well in which games can you tell if the starter Pokémon is shiny before actually choosing it? It will just make it easier for me to get a shiny starter. I'm obviously not much of a shiny hunter. Anyways, thanks in advance.

AFAIK - HG and SS are the easiest - as the sprites are shiny.

Ones where you have to take it and then check them:
Ruby/Saphire/Emerald
FireRed/LeafGreen
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Black/Black2/White/White2

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. HGSS are definitely correct as I got my shiny Cindaquil on SS that way.

On another note...

WOOT - just beat the Champion!

Spoiler:

Feels great! Next step, try and beat Red with just these 3 (or more if I find more). Gulp.....

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I believe I updated for everyone, yell at me if I missed you. :)

I haven't had a lot of free time lately, so I've been scarce, sorry! I only have about 5000 REs on my next shiny but I've been fighting to level my Infernape...... I think he's level 60 without having even fought the first gym. LOL :X

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
I believe I updated for everyone, yell at me if I missed you. :)

I haven't had a lot of free time lately, so I've been scarce, sorry! I only have about 5000 REs on my next shiny but I've been fighting to level my Infernape...... I think he's level 60 without having even fought the first gym. LOL :X

Kiiiittttttt!! You are alive woow! haha xD. And geez that IS impressive! What are you currently hunting for?

No new shinies for me either :(, been trying to get that nidoran on fire red (im at 16k RE lololol) my awful luck xD.

Anyway glad to have heard from you and to all others... Gratz on all shinies you collected and keep it up ;)!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Right guys, well I have just beaten Red :)

Team is as follows (I didn't use the Red Gyarados though I did catch it):

Shiny Victreebel Level 99
Shiny Dragonite Level 98
Shiny Typlhosion Level 98

So I am done :) All 16 badges obtained, champion beat. I will keep an eye on all of you as you progress but all future news will be in the Shiny Hunter Club forum. For those of you who don't know, this is designed for general shiny discussion, and the link is below:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19247

Lastly, a big thanks to Kitori for organising this challenge :)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Username: chuckleslucifer
Game(s): Silver, Fire Red and Emerald

Can we trade in shinies from our other saves?

Years
Username: Hughes
Game: SoulSilver

I'm totally want to do this challenge, but I won't officially be able to start until I go on vacation on Sunday. I think it's about time I did some major shiny hunting, but I hope I don't lose patience first.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokemon Silver: No shinies
Pokemon Fire Red: No Shinies
Pokemon Emerald: Shiny Mudkip (traded it in for my torchic is that okay?)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I got real lucky on my Platinum shiny challenge.
Starter - Shiny Piplup after 507 soft resets, now Prinplup
1st RE - Bidoof after 100+ encounters
2nd RE - Shinx after 22 in game hours, now Luxio
3rd RE - Starly after 30 in game hours, now Staravia
4th RE - Budew after a whole day of encounters, now Roselia
1st SR -Drifloon after 1,263 soft resets

Togepi egg SR hatched, on 3rd try shiny

Kitori

Years
I believe everything has been updated! Make sure you're updating your posts with a summary letting me know how many shinies and how many badges you have.

Congrats on completing the challenge Paulthagerous!

@Chuckleslucifer: Trading shiny pokemon from other games is not allowed, you can play however you want but the first rule is soft resetting for your first shiny! :)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=392695

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am going to drop out of this challenge. It was a while ago when I joined and I never got a shiny starter. So if you want, take me out of the list.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2013
Challenge Accepted!
And I think I'm gonna opt for a full shiny team for the Elite 4.
Here goes another 10 years of my life!

Username: Satiel
Game(s): Gold

Kitori

Years
Updated the list!

Been chugging along a little myself with no shinies but with school having started it's hard to justify playing too much. :( Hope everyone else is having some luck!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry, but this thread hasn't been posted in since November of last year. In Challenges, a thread that hasn't been posted in for two months or more is considered dead. You are free to restart this challenge if you'd like though!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back