• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
YO GUYS! got another nice lil update for you, im updating most of the challenges i do and you are first! Don't worry, gonna do a series of update this week...

-I found out im a lil underleveled so i went back and battled some trainers from route 7
-I evolved Slippy into Eelektross, idk how does it work (i think he can still learn moves..?)
-Rang the bell, went to challenge the mistralton gym, yay!
-A Flygon killed Ultima...damn 2X weakness to dragon.
-Skyla battle:
*I killed Dunsparce
*Stunfisk killed Gum...RIP Gum.
*I killed Stunfisk
*Cradily killed Fuzzball...RIP Fuzzball.
*Cradily killed Havoc...WHY?! RIP.
*Lady flame killed Cradily, i win the badge!!! OH MY GOD YEAHHHHHH
-6\8 achieved!
-After i withdrew Accordion and Grids, i flew (in Skyla's plane) to Lentimas town.
-I caught a Honchkrow in Reversal mountain, named "Giovanni".
-I consider the mountain\cave itself to be a different plae since you can find different pokemon there so i caught an Excadrill in the cave, hell yeah! named him "Spinarooni".
-Reached Undella town.
-I caught a...Weedle..in Undella town (i took Asuna outta the PC so i could surf and then put her back in).
-I called her "MightyBee".
-I caught a Snorlax at Undella bay, named "Pillows".
-I also caught a Glavantula on route 14, named "George".
-Beat Hugh in Undella.
-I caught a Kabutops on route 13, nicknamed "Scytha!"

That is it for today, hope you enjoyed!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years

This is probably one of the least productive episodes of them all, and it's the first one. Enjoy.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years

This is probably one of the least productive episodes of them all, and it's the first one. Enjoy.

I'm sorry to say, the video does not work...guess you'll gonna have to send it again or something?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Hello guys i'm here for another update, what do you say?
-Lady flame died when i didi some fight along route 13
-I went into Seaside cave and found out i need to get stronger to fight the black belt guy...

haha next update later that day

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Ok, I finally figured out what the problem was that made the video unable to play. The YouTube linking thing is completely different from what I'm used to, but I figured it out.

KoboraX said:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Ok, I finally figured out what the problem was that made the video unable to play. The YouTube linking thing is completely different from what I'm used to, but I figured it out.

Pretty productive if you ask me, also you have a nice voice, it suits the gameplay.
The graphics were kinda annoying on 240p but it'll be alright!

Have fun!

Years
Elesa is down! And I got to the next town.

Current team:

335.gif

Zara|Female|Impish Nature|Toxic Boost|Lvl 32
Slash
Pursuit
Embargo
Crush Claw
Capable of taking hits.

570.gif

Zorro|Male|Bold Nature|Illusion|Lvl 46
Frenzy Plant
Flare Blitz
Night Slash
Dark Pulse
Capable of taking hits.

444f.gif

Cynthia|Female|Gentle Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 42
Dig
Dragon Rage
Dragon Claw
Slash
Quick to flee.

552.gif

Krokodil|Male|Careful Nature|Moxie|Lvl 37
Mud Slap
Dig
Swagger
Crunch
Often dozes off.

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Dead (18):
Spoiler:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Elesa is down! And I got to the next town.

Current team:

335.gif

Zara|Female|Impish Nature|Toxic Boost|Lvl 32
Slash
Pursuit
Embargo
Crush Claw
Capable of taking hits.

570.gif

Zorro|Male|Bold Nature|Illusion|Lvl 46
Frenzy Plant
Flare Blitz
Night Slash
Dark Pulse
Capable of taking hits.

444f.gif

Cynthia|Female|Gentle Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 42
Dig
Dragon Rage
Dragon Claw
Slash
Quick to flee.

552.gif

Krokodil|Male|Careful Nature|Moxie|Lvl 37
Mud Slap
Dig
Swagger
Crunch
Often dozes off.

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Dead (18):
Spoiler:

Wow nice..except for the 18 dead guys but whatevs! Ya took yar time widda update didnt ya?

Years
So I blacked out against Clay (Yes this hack is really hard D: )

But I am not giving up yet... Here is a new sign-up:

Username: AoTora
Game: Platinum
Additional rules: Have to nickname everybody, Blackout is game over.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Already a good portion of the way through my Emerald Randomized Nuzlocke so I'll just post my current progress
Team
Spoiler:

Dead
Spoiler:

Reserves
Spoiler:

Badges: 6/8
Current Location: Lilycove city (still gotta do the Mt.Pyre task)
If you wish to know the movesets of my team members, just say and I will post them along with Abilities I suppose (:

Update: Just caught a level 24 Tyrogue in Mt.Pyre which I named Spinny (wanna evolve him into a Hitmontop)

Just evolved Spinny into a Hitmontop, debating whether I should swap out one of my current team members for him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Im gonna start one of these right now on Leaf Green. The only thing is I changed a few things slightly in the options on the randomizer. I updated the moves, gave the national dex at the start (so pokemon can evolve) took legendary pokemon out (made statics legendary = legendary and normal = normal) and randomized held items. I just think it makes it cool when you catch a poke and it comes along with something that really add to it.

Username: FrozenPrairie16
Game: Leaf green

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
No worries man. Tomorrow ill do the uodate

And as promised, one new update for you all:
-I finaly cracked, my whole team got swept and im ashamed...very very ashamed.
I'll focus on other challenges now but i am still gonna manage this place so keep the updates coming and i'll do a new sign up later!

Quick Update
I remembered I didn't catch a pokemon for route 121 as I had a super repel on so went to go get my pokemon for that route and uh...I just caught a Shiny Bulbasaur.
Can't provide a screenshot right now because i'm on my tablet so I will provide one tomorrow. Named him "YEEE Shiny" btw xD

Here's the shiny Bulbasaur :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Wow! Congrats on a great shiny catch.

So I have made some great progress on my nuzlocke. I have put together a well diversified team and have caught pokemon on all except two of the routes I have visited. I just finished all of the things on the Sevii Islands. I have some places to available to make my first encounter still.

Current Team:
(t:189) Jumpluff lv. 52 - Hops
(t:124) Jynx lv. 52 - Nicki
(t:330) Flygon lv. 53 - Dre
(t:186) Politoed lv. 55 - Swirl
(t:098) Krabby lv. 5 - Clawdia (Cut)

I have 27 Pokémon in the box which I wont name all of right now.

I have had 2 fallen comrades including the Onix I started my journey with. He died on a critical hit water gun from a Remoraid. The other was a Castform I had only briefly which got self-destructed on by a Weezing.

I like to think of myself as a bit of a vet with nuzlockes but the random factor does tend to make things a lot harder. Not having only one type to beat at a time makes things a lot more difficult. Some tips I would recommend to my fellow random nuzlockers:

1. Do not try to keep 6 pokemon on your team at all times. Have less and try to keep them over leveled in order to outspeed and outbulk your opponents.

2. THE OLD ROD - I got a brainwave early on in the adventure that catching level 5 pokemon is easier than catching higher level pokemon. The problem with it in other nuzlockes is that you always get magikarp (or almost always) in this one however, you have just as good a chance of getting any pokemon you want in the water as you do in the grass.

3. Antidotes - They are super cheap, always have them on hand. It is terrible to watch one of your friends die steps in front of the pokecenter.

4. Thief applies to every journey. It is soo practical. You can steal items from pokemon that can help you astronomically in your journey. Swirl is my thief in this run. Being that I randomized the items, I have stole some awesome things of passing by pokemon.

RIP Onix and Castform. Hoping my next update will have a championship involved and no more deaths.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Nice team of pokemone you have there. Self destruct/explosion can really mess up a nuzlocke run, most of my dead pokemon were all lost to Regice using explosion ._. I have encountered alot of Regice on different routes and places. Such a pain to deal with :/

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Username: kingofeds
Game: Blue
Additional rules:
- Must record all gym fights and rival fights beyond the initial fight in Oak's Lab

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
AoTora my gal, g'luck to you (again...sigh).

As for the others:

kingofeds, SupernovaThyphlosion,FrozerPrairie16...I wish you all the best of luck on your journey and i know it'll be a bit annoying but kingofeds and FrozenPrairie16, update quickly okay? :)

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Update
- Climbed all the way up to the top of Mt.Pyre, getting Supernova to lvl 40.
- Caught a Mightyena in Magma Hideout, named him Shadow.
- Lost Psychos the Alakazam to the Magma Leaders Camerupt. R.I.P Psychos. Killed by an Earthquake. Replaced him with Aqua the Kingdra.
- Totally sweeped the Aqua hideout with just Fluffeh, got Aqua from lvl 20 - 23 (She's holding Exp share so it's going slow)
- Caught a Marowak by using the good rod on route 124, called him Makka.
- Got Fluffeh to level 38, Aqua to level 26 and caught a Parasect in Mossdeep City, called him Shroomy
- Beat the Mossdeep Gym...badges 7/8, didn't lose any pokemon. Fluffeh hit level 41 and Aqua is now level 33
- Took down team Magma in the observatory place and got Dive from Steven.
- Took down Team Aqua in the seafloor cavern. Caught a Combusken which I named Blaze.
- Caught another 2 pokemon, Silcoon (Beauty) and Scizor (Claw)
- Got to Sootopolis and did the whole fetch Rayquaza thing from there.
- Took down Sootopolis gym, losing Calamity in the process. R.I.P Calamity. Died to a Waterpulse.
- Caught the Mighty Sky Dragon itself...Rayquaza (Which I named Quazar)
- Now levelling up my team ready for Victory road and then the E4.

Last edited:

thescourgex2

Like a sir!
Years
Sounds Fun :)
Username: thescourgex2
Game: firered
Additional rules: Nickname everybody, Blackout= Game over

Back