• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Ok, so my original question still remains unanswered; how do you breed a Ditto when they have no gender? Right now I put two Ditto in the daycare together, will that do it?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Ditto can't breed with another Ditto. That's just how it works.

So then how? With any other Pokemon of any kind? What's the guarantee it will come out as a Ditto and not the other Pokemon?

And since we're on the subject of breeding, can you breed any Pokemon of any kind at any level, even if they're evolved, including the legendaries? Like for instance, could I breed an Yveltal?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
So then how? With any other Pokemon of any kind? What's the guarantee it will come out as a Ditto and not the other Pokemon?

And since we're on the subject of breeding, can you breed any Pokemon of any kind at any level, even if they're evolved, including the legendaries? Like for instance, could I breed an Yveltal?

Unbreedable:Dittos Legendaries(excpect for manaphy)
Other Genderless pokemon:Only breedable with ditto

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Ditto can't be hatched from an egg ever, no matter what you do.

Any Pokemon can breed regardless of level. The only Pokemon that can't breed are Pokemon that belong in the No Eggs group, which consists of baby Pokemon, every legendary except for Manaphy, and, for some odd reason, Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016

You can't hatch a Ditto at all, no matter which Pokemon you use. If you want one with good IVs, you just have to head over to the Friend Safari and hope for the best.

You can breed any Pokemon except the ones in the Undiscovered Egg Group, listed here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)
These are basically all baby Pokemon and all legendaries, plus Nidorina, Nidoqueen and Unown.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
You can't hatch a Ditto at all, no matter which Pokemon you use. If you want one with good IVs, you just have to head over to the Friend Safari and hope for the best.

You can breed any Pokemon except the ones in the Undiscovered Egg Group, listed here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)
These are basically all baby Pokemon and all legendaries, plus Nidorina, Nidoqueen and Unown.

So then does that mean its possible to evolve an Ivysaur or even a Venusaur?

And how then can I get a Ditto on Lv. 10 or lower?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

I'm not sure what you mean, but the short answer is yes. As I mentioned in the previous page, any Pokemon can breed except for those in the No Eggs/Undiscovered egg group

Ditto can be obtained at level 10 in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver. The Ditto caught in HeartGold/SoulSilver (Gold/Silver/Crystal are incompatible with the DS games, due to being Game Boy Color games) can then be transferred to Gen V via Poke Transfer, then to Gen VI via Poke Bank (wait for the latter). In X/Y, the lowest level a Ditto can be is at 30 (at the Friend Safari); other than that, it's 48-50 (in Pokemon Village).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Sorry, that might have been a bit ambiguous. When I said "breed" I meant you can put all of those Pokemon in the Daycare and they will produce an egg if paired with a compatible partner. The Pokemon hatched from an egg will always be the unevolved form, with the exception of the baby Pokemon that require an Incense.

As far as I know, the only way you can get a Ditto on Lv.10 or lower is by catching one on Route 34 in HeartGold/SoulSilver and transferring it across (once the Pokemon Bank is out).

EDIT: Beaten to it again lol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Sorry, that might have been a bit ambiguous. When I said "breed" I meant you can put all of those Pokemon in the Daycare and they will produce an egg if paired with a compatible partner. The Pokemon hatched from an egg will always be the unevolved form, with the exception of the baby Pokemon that require an Incense.

Ok, I think I understand, but to clarify; though the hatched Pokemon will always be unevolved, that doesn't mean the parents have to be unevolved while mating, does it? In other words, I can get a Bulbasaur from a Venusaur?

Last two questions; 1.) Does anyone know the best way to earn $money after completing the game?
and 2.) Is there any way you can change/edit a Pokemon's nickname?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok, I think I understand, but to clarify; though the hatched Pokemon will always be unevolved, that doesn't mean the parents have to be unevolved while mating, does it? In other words, I can get a Bulbasaur from a Venusaur?

Last two questions; 1.) Does anyone know the best way to earn $money after completing the game?
and 2.) Is there any way you can change/edit a Pokemon's nickname?

0. Yes, you'll get a Bulbasaur. Kinda weird to hatch a fully-evolved PKMN at level 1. :3

1. Amulet Coin + Elite Four reruns. that's what I'm doing while leveling up a few new PKMN in my team. xD

2. As long as you're the Original Trainer of the PKMN, then yes, you can give them nicknames in Camphier Town's PokéCenter.

Years
Another good trick to earning money fast is battling the trainers in the Battle Chateau, most of them tend to give out good amounts of money when defeated, and once you hit higher ranks there you can even battle Gym Leaders and Elite Four members which also give out a good chunk of money.

Make sure you give your Pokemon an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense. Also, some Chateau trainers might give you those items you can sell to the Poke Mart such as Nuggets, Pearls, Star Pieces etc.

The Amulet Coin can be found in the fireplace in Parfum Palace, while the Luck Incense (along with all the other incenses) can be bought at a stall in Coumarine City.

Last edited:
Years
Not sure if am doing something wrong, so am trying to breed a chespin and a smeargle to pass done some egg moves. But the breeder tells me that the two don't like eachother, but I saw on serebii that it can breed with each other. The smeargle a male and the chespin a female.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Not sure if am doing something wrong, so am trying to breed a chespin and a smeargle to pass done some egg moves. But the breeder tells me that the two don't like eachother, but I saw on serebii that it can breed with each other. The smeargle a male and the chespin a female.

That specific phrase just means it's less likely for the two to create an egg every 252 (I think) steps. They'll still make an egg, you just might need to run or bike around a bit longer first.

Edit: Sorry Zekrom haha

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

They'll still breed. It'll just take longer to produce an egg. The only time they won't breed is if the daycare man says "the 2 prefer to play with other Pokemon than each other" or someting like that.

lol, "play"

Years
Ahhhh OK, thank you. I knew there was a phrase that the breeder says if the two don't pare, but wasn't sure what one.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
question...
do Eggs have different names in different region?
'cauze a random passerby showed an Egg during our trade, and it was called "Ei" =/

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
There are ranked battles online. I remember reading somewhere that they reset? I wanted to know if the reset per season, if there is one at all, erases your win/losses entirely, or if there's still a record of them somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back