• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Serena had a complete team...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If Serena had a full 6 Pokemon team, what Pokemon would they be? Three of them are obviously a given since she already has them: Braixen, Pancham and Sylveon. Question is, do you have them in your final six and what would you add to Serena's team? You can base it off what would best complete it or off what you think the character herself would get. There is no right or wrong answer to this. All that matters is your opinion. My answer is in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2017
I always thought Serena would get an Swablu/Altaria when I heard that she'll go to Hoenn because she had one in the games and it fits a lot for performances/contests. I was also really really mad (and I still am) that May missed the Swablu she bonded with in AG064 so I want a main character to finally catch one...
For now it's unlikely but it can still happen I guess , Iris caught a Gible in Hoenn I think?

Then I don't know because she is not a battler but Pichu/Pikachu could be cool same with Lapras even if it's a bit random, I would prefer Feebas/Milotic , I actually want to see a protagonist with a water type Pokemon other than a starter, I don't think it happened since Misty left.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Full team... hmm

Milotic - It's perfect for her... and Serena is the type of trainer that could make a Feebas evolve, it's in her nature :D

Lurantis - "Maintaining its appearance requires detailed grooming. If a Trainer does a good job caring for it, Lurantis will have an easier time trusting them than a lazy Trainer."
- pokedex.

Considering how Serena meticulously keeps her pokemon well groomed... with her Fenekin actually developing a snobby attitude XD Lurantis is a great fit for her.

Lopunny - Keeping with the theme of pokemon who loves being groomed... Lopunny is another pokemon who fits with the type of trainer Serena is. It doesn't hurt that Lopunny can also Mega evolve.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Full team... hmm

Milotic - It's perfect for her... and Serena is the type of trainer that could make a Feebas evolve, it's in her nature :D

Lurantis - "Maintaining its appearance requires detailed grooming. If a Trainer does a good job caring for it, Lurantis will have an easier time trusting them than a lazy Trainer."
- pokedex.

Considering how Serena meticulously keeps her pokemon well groomed... with her Fenekin actually developing a snobby attitude XD Lurantis is a great fit for her.

Lopunny - Keeping with the theme of pokemon who loves being groomed... Lopunny is another pokemon who fits with the type of trainer Serena is. It doesn't hurt that Lopunny can also Mega evolve.

Solid picks. I was going to pick Buneary for her last one but opted for Lapras since every Pokegirl barring Iris has had a Water type in their arsenal. Lurantis actually fits her character quite well since all of her Pokemon loved to be groomed. Its a wonder she didn't want to become a Pokemon Groomer after XY 8 but I suppose deep down that wasn't a goal she wanted to strive for.

I always thought Serena would get an Swablu/Altaria when I heard that she'll go to Hoenn because she had one in the games and it fits a lot for performances/contests. I was also really really mad (and I still am) that May missed the Swablu she bonded with in AG064 so I want a main character to finally catch one...
For now it's unlikely but it can still happen I guess , Iris caught a Gible in Hoenn I think?

Then I don't know because she is not a battler but Pichu/Pikachu could be cool same with Lapras even if it's a bit random, I would prefer Feebas/Milotic , I actually want to see a protagonist with a water type Pokemon other than a starter, I don't think it happened since Misty left.
Well... unless you're restricting it to Pokegirls, there was Brock and his Ludicolo(Water/Grass) or Tracey and his Marill(Water/Fairy). If you are restricting it to Pokegirls, then yes you'd be correct on that. May had a Squirtle(granted Mudkip was Hoenn's starter(which Brock got)) while Dawn had Piplup. Iris was fascinated by Dragon types and only had interest in capturing those.

Also Gible was caught in Blackthorn city(Johto).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
Milotic, Alolan Ninetales or Exeggutor, and a Pokemon Ash already owns such as Turtwig, Muk (lol) or Noctowl. Or even a Rhyhorn.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I'm sorely disappointed she never got Swablu or Altaria, she could have easily been the one to advertise a Mega Evolution arc instead of Korrina (I like Korrina, but in the grand scheme of things her arc is filler and doesn't develop the protagonists at all). Furthermore Mega Altaria didn't get a single mention. Either that or Mega Absolutely as a shout-out to her game character.

Fifth would be Mudkip, ORAS promotion and maybe get some screen time unlike Brock's which did nothing of note other than evolve.

Last one would probably be Meowstic for no other reason other than cute. Which is a terrible to decide whether someone should get a Pokémon or not, but I guess cute Pokemon work better for showcases (which I have multiple problems).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I would have given Serena a Meowstic, especially considering she uses one in the games when she's the rival.

A Psychic type for Serena? Hmm solid pick but may I ask which gender? It matters with that specific Pokemon as it determines what hidden ability it has along with what moves it learns. Also, any other picks or do you feel Serena doesn't complete her team?

Release her current ones. Give her six Magikarps with Everstones permanently stuck to them.

I know you don't like Serena, hence why sully this topic with a response like that? Either take it a bit more seriously or just don't bother responding to topics that you clearly have a strong bias against.

I'm sorely disappointed she never got Swablu or Altaria, she could have easily been the one to advertise a Mega Evolution arc instead of Korrina (I like Korrina, but in the grand scheme of things her arc is filler and doesn't develop the protagonists at all). Furthermore Mega Altaria didn't get a single mention. Either that or Mega Absolutely as a shout-out to her game character.

Fifth would be Mudkip, ORAS promotion and maybe get some screen time unlike Brock's which did nothing of note other than evolve.

Last one would probably be Meowstic for no other reason other than cute. Which is a terrible to decide whether someone should get a Pokémon or not, but I guess cute Pokemon work better for showcases (which I have multiple problems).

You're not the only one to mention Swablu/Altaria and I can see why. Mudkip in a ORAS promotion is an interesting take and as for Meowstic, which gender?

Years
A Psychic type for Serena? Hmm solid pick but may I ask which gender? It matters with that specific Pokemon as it determines what hidden ability it has along with what moves it learns. Also, any other picks or do you feel Serena doesn't complete her team?

I'd say the female since that's what her game counterpart used. I would have also given her Mudkip for OR/AS promotion, since it is so jarring that the Mudkip line didn't even get an appearance in XY unlike Blaziken which Meyer had (though I guess it's due to the Mega) and Sceptile which Sawyer had.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Interesting that Male and Female Meowstic's have been chosen. Anyone think Serena might choose to have both Male and Female for Pokemon Contests involving Double battles? Her experience with Gym Leader Olympia instantly comes to mind, hence why I pose the question. Of the two genders, I think Female Meowstic would appeal to her more since its more Offensive in nature and that's exactly how Ash rolled(Best Defense is a good Offense type of mindset).

Figure I'd give an updated team list:

Braixen(Delphox) Fire or Fire/Psychic
Sylveon Fairy
Pancham(Pangoro) Fighting or FIghting/Dark
Rhyhorn(Rhydon/Rhyperior) Rock/Ground
Pikachu Electric
Swablu/Altaria Normal/Flying or Flying/Dragon with Mega Evolve becoming Dragon/Fairy

First 3 are a given being that she has them already. I don't see Pancham evolving simply because Pangoro isn't a dancer. However... never say never since its Dark Typing can make Dark Pulse that much stronger. Ryhorn gives her a rider Pokemon while also an extremely strong Rock/Ground type. Considering the ease at which she befriends them, I honestly can't see her without one. The next two are purely speculative but I think she might actually get her own Pikachu, if only because it reminds her of Ash(Female one too).

The final one is one that will ultimately become her powerhouse. While I was strongly considering Mudkip since its Hoenn's Water starter(and would be instant ORAS promotion), I actually think Swablu is the perfect Pokemon for Serena. Serena gets the inspiration to catch one from Lisia, a star Pokemon Coordinator in the Hoenn region(and a character that ought to appear in the Anime god damnit. Since Lisia is in ORAS, Swablu also is ORAS promotion).

Kudos to Frozocrone and BanFairy for pointing this Pokemon out and it gives her a Flying Type(which she lacks) and its evolved form gains Dragon typing(and Dragon types are extremely powerful). Furthermore, its the ONLY Pokemon of hers that can Mega-Evolve and considering she hails from Kalos where Mega Evolution is the norm, I figure she would have a Pokemon that can do just that. Not to mention that a Mega Altaria would pretty much own anything Ash has since he has just two Pokemon that do Super Effective attacks on Mega Altaria(Muk and Glalie). Therefore, a Mega Altaria would make Serena a formidable rival.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Maybe she gets an Emolga instead then Swablu and Milotic or Meowstic, Pikachu and Bellossom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
If anything, I could see her getting a Popplio, female Pichu and well my third pick is a Hoenn Pokemon between Beautifly, Kirlia, Roselia. Pichu could also be replaced for a Plusle/Minun. Also if I were to change Popplio due to her never getting an Alolan type, I'd give her a gorebyss or luvdisc. My choices are based on top Pokemon for contests and also because I think she'd up her battle game immensely.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm. There were a few pokemon I predicted she would have. Because Rhyhorn is kinda a "at home pokemon" I am going to consider she has already caught one and not include it on the team, even though it is her mother's.

I am also not gonna go by popularity. I thought Braxien should have evolved. I am not a fan of the middle stage but I love Delphox. So lets get started.

Delphox (Fire/Psychic) - I think it should have evolved in a similar fashion as Combusken.

Pancham (Fighting) - I don't think Pancham would ever evolve, even though I prefer Pangoro more. Kind ahoped that battling beside Greninja would cause it to evolve.

Sylveon (Fairy) - Obviously.

Now to get to new pokemon. First off, I thought she was going to catch a Hoenn starter, much like the rest of Ash's companion catching a starter when a generation is remade. Or the female catches a pokemon Ash has had in the past aside from Misty. May with Bulbasaur and Squirtle and Dawn with Cydaquil/Quilava. Iris with Gible. Originally I thought it would be Treecko, but it doesn't match her and Sawyer took that. So

Froslass (Ice/Ghost) - Froslass matches her theme of types that I usually put together. She would have caught a Snorunt in the mountains before Snowbelle and touched a Dawn Stone shortly after. This would give her that in common pokemon with Ash. And she could still get one in Hoenn.

Flaffy (Electric) - I think this pokemon would go well with Serena. It could fully evolve or stay a Mareep. Not to mention Electric in pokemon is usually associated with beauty. I also wanted her to have a fluffy pokemon so I went with this pokemon.

Snivy (Grass) or Totodile (Water) - I wanted to include a second starter pokemon and the best ones that came to mind were Snivy and Totodile. I wanted it to be a pokemon that Ash had owned, so I didn't go with Mudkip. I would have went with Tepig, but she already had a fire type. Tepig would have beed great to show the bond between them in the anime that White and Black had in the Manga.

Pikachu (Electric) - This springs from the fact that she loves Ash and they kissed. She could miss Ash and want to catch a Pikachu. Or Pikachu would remind her of Ash. It would be a female Pikachu. This reminds me of Yellow, Red and Misty's relationship in manga. Misty loved Red, but Yellow came along and it seemed like Red and Yellow bonded well together, even living in the same house for a while. Misty eventually stopped loving him after she saw how close Red and Yellow were. Yellow owned a female Pikachu because of Red. (Although, Red didn't figure out Yellow was a girl until much later. But it didn't really change their relationship)

Last edited:
Back