• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
*Looks at Roswell's post* Or do you mean editing the thread's name?
If that's what you mean, then you click "Edit", then click "Go Advanced", and above the text area(or whatever you call it :S) it will say "Title" and if you click there, you may edit it :D

Lol, yeah that's what I meant. Thanks~*-

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I was thinking about a RP very similar to The Enemy series by Charlie Higson... it seems like a much more realistic take of zombies. It's similar to Lord of the Flies in a way, because in the story the Zombies are adults over the age of 14. It also doesn't have a lot of guns and all, offering a much more realistic take on a zombie outbreak. What do you guys think?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I've never seen a one liner post in the entire roleplay corner. Aren't they against the rules? Yet, I keep hearing about them as if they're actually a problem. Am I missing something? ._.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
One-Liners are actually very short posts, like almost 1-4 lines. They can be found in a lot of RPs, actually.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, they're against the rules. I don't mind one every so often if your really can't help them, but it's kind of easy to write four lines. I'm probably doing it right now, though I can't really check it properly until I post. So there you go. d:

One thing that bothers me a little is that four lines is different to people based on resolution? I mean, the iPhones is like 6/7/8 lines for four lines on my PC. Though, four lines on my PC is probably five or six lines on other computers since my resolution is quite long and I have quite a stretched style that I use (Flames of Simplicity).

So... yeah, I'm not sure how to properly enforce, but I do just go by what my computer shows. And when people complain, I just say "going by my computer here."

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I've always wondered about how to figure it out. (And what is a "fluid width skin" anyways?)

Ah, well, at least there hasn't been much script text or unnecessary abbreviations, right? :P I think that sort of thing would irk me more ><;

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
One-Liners are actually very short posts, like almost 1-4 lines. They can be found in a lot of RPs, actually.

@Bolded: Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. That puts a very dark light on what I've seen some other people saying lately. If my text had a tone it would be that of disappointment. ;(

But alas, I've said more than enough on that.

@Nobody in particular: The true length of a four line post would probably best be seen with a 1280 pixel wide monitor, or just a 1280 pixel wide window. This is because it's the middle ground of the most common computer monitor resolutions in this day and age. (Being 1024, 1280, and 1336 wide)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just to let everyone know, there's like one day left for voting on the Roleplay Awards. So, if you haven't done so, I suggest you go vote now!

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Hey, I was having a chat with Fuyu last night, and we were comparing characters that were like other characters from different RPs, if that makes any sense. And I had the idea of a new RP. One where characters from all the different RP worlds cross over and get to meet each other. Unfortunately, that's where my idea stopped. I don't have any clue what the story would be, or why the characters would be there or anything. Hm... I'm stumped on this one.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hey, I was having a chat with Fuyu last night, and we were comparing characters that were like other characters from different RPs, if that makes any sense. And I had the idea of a new RP. One where characters from all the different RP worlds cross over and get to meet each other. Unfortunately, that's where my idea stopped. I don't have any clue what the story would be, or why the characters would be there or anything. Hm... I'm stumped on this one.

Interesting ^^ I had actually thought of something like this a long time ago, buuuuut yeah, didn't go any further D:

Also, my The Enemy RP idea failed >.< Specially since a Zombie RP popped up, there's already a small group of people who would actually join a zombie RP, and I feel that it's no use creating a competition between 2 RPs like that ^^

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

No, wait, that's actually a very interesting idea. In a lot of times, a lot of the RPs I was in died before they got a chance to really get to use my characters, so I would love an RP idea like that...

I just got an idea off of that. Bare with me, I literally just made it up right now. OK, imagine there's a person, man or woman, I dunno, who has an ability called...Time Bending or Reality Bending, or something like that, and he goes through all different kinds of realities and time periods, universes, and gathers of who he believes are the strongest fighters, the bravest warriors, the most courageous souls, and gathers them up in a single, other reality.

Now, doing something so drastic like this wouldn't be for something or someone who simply kills people, or threatens to conquer the galaxy, or even conquer or enslave all realities, no. It has to be bigger...this person...I'm gonna say it is a beast, or an entity, (more better than a man or a woman) and it is aiming to do something else, something bigger: It's going to make all realities, all realms and worlds, all times and zones, never have existed at all (not sure how he has this yet, but that can be figured out). If all realities and worlds are destroyed, then nothing would have ever existed, nothing is existing, and nothing will ever exist again. Everything we know to be alive, in every place our RP characters came from, including ourselves would be gone. Not dead, just never really alive anymore, not even visible, just...not existing.

Anyways, that's just a thought I literally came up with right now...lol.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
No, wait, that's actually a very interesting idea. In a lot of times, a lot of the RPs I was in died before they got a chance to really get to use my characters, so I would love an RP idea like that...

I just got an idea off of that. Bare with me, I literally just made it up right now. OK, imagine there's a person, man or woman, I dunno, who has an ability called...Time Bending or Reality Bending, or something like that, and he goes through all different kinds of realities and time periods, universes, and gathers of who he believes are the strongest fighters, the bravest warriors, the most courageous souls, and gathers them up in a single, other reality.

Now, doing something so drastic like this wouldn't be for something or someone who simply kills people, or threatens to conquer the galaxy, or even conquer or enslave all realities, no. It has to be bigger...this person...I'm gonna say it is a beast, or an entity, (more better than a man or a woman) and it is aiming to do something else, something bigger: It's going to make all realities, all realms and worlds, all times and zones, never have existed at all (not sure how he has this yet, but that can be figured out). If all realities and worlds are destroyed, then nothing would have ever existed, nothing is existing, and nothing will ever exist again. Everything we know to be alive, in every place our RP characters came from, including ourselves would be gone. Not dead, just never really alive anymore, not even visible, just...not existing.

XD That could work. Feel free to borrow my idea. I'm not going to be making it any time soon. :D

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

Haha, that sounds like Id est Damnum Innocantae. I really did enjoy that RP too.

DIGIMON? It would be really slow-paced though because people have school/work so it would be more laid back instead of one of those super fast RP's.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Reminds me of a story me and my friend collaborated together like... 3 years ago. We made a story called "Reality Paradox" where we wrote about ourselves but we were sucked into our TVs and went through a series of video games worlds. It was whimsical to start off with but then we created a backstory about how the worlds connected and how our presence was destroying it.

Similar to kingdom hearts, I guess, but we didn't FLY anywhere, just got randomly whisked to a random world

But anyways, the story itself sounds interesting!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
It does sound rather interesting, although... well, unless everybody could have a huge amount of characters, it would just be like any other RP. I mean, sure, there would be the whole story of the reality's or whatever being pulled together, but we'd each just have one character and would have to solve the problem. I guess it could mean that one character could be a Pokemon Master in their world, and another could be an insane magical person from the world of Final Fantasy, but beyond their backgrounds... aw, I guess that's all that matters, so nevermind.

Sorry, kinda in a foul mood -.-' Wasn't thinking too clearly there.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
So... I had to dismiss one person from my roleplay due to inactivity... Would anyone here be interested in filling the eighth spot of "Can't break me, won't shake me."? If so, please go to the OOC, read up on the roleplay, and submit your SU there.

Thanks all! ^^ How is everyone tonight?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
So... I had to dismiss one person from my roleplay due to inactivity... Would anyone here be interested in filling the eighth spot of "Can't break me, won't shake me."? If so, please go to the OOC, read up on the roleplay, and submit your SU there.

Thanks all! ^^ How is everyone tonight?

Backing this up. It's a fun RP so far and the current participants are really good at RPing and are awesome in general, to boot!

Also um for some reason I wanna see a Persona-esque RP pop up on here since we now have another Digimon one and a FFT one o3o /doesn't help that I've been playing Persona 2 on the PSP lately...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It was just an idea. I'm not actually planning to make it, just maybe thought I'd give an idea for someone who would make it. I'm too busy to make another RP atm. :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Reminds me of a story me and my friend collaborated together like... 3 years ago. We made a story called "Reality Paradox" where we wrote about ourselves but we were sucked into our TVs and went through a series of video games worlds. It was whimsical to start off with but then we created a backstory about how the worlds connected and how our presence was destroying it.

Similar to kingdom hearts, I guess, but we didn't FLY anywhere, just got randomly whisked to a random world

But anyways, the story itself sounds interesting!

It does, actually sound interesting. ;P And I also thought of that idea, about normal people getting sucked into video games, but it actually didn't go any further. Maybe that kinda idea can be made into a RP? :\ It's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back