• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
-sighs- Right, so, I'm inserting tiles into an Emerald ROM from scratch. I deleted the main tileset and am putting in each block and changing the pallettes myself. However, pretty early on, I realized I had a big problem - animated tiles.

I found a tutorial here on PC for changing the grass animation, so I think I'm covered there. But the only tutorial for changing the water animation is for FR, not Emerald, requires the use of TileMolester, which refuses to run on my computer, and involves editing tiles that already exist in the game, whereas I am working from a blank slate as far as tiles go.

Does anyone know how to create an animated tile from scratch? If not, does anyone have any advice for another way of getting around this problem?

Help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Ugh. I'm trying to do some coding in XSE, and it's starting to hack me off. (HAHA GET IT? HACK? *cricket noises*)

But yeah, here's the code:

Spoiler:

Everything goes fine. But when the code finishes, I can't move the player, he is frozen in one spot. I can bring up the help menu using L or R but that is it. I don't understand why it is doing this :\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
Quick question, When i try to evolve my Chickorita (Fire red version), All that happens is the evolution stops. Is it because there is no national dex? I was wondering how i can fix this, So i can allow Chickorita and its evolutions to evolve. Thank you. I know this is a pretty stupid question, but it just doesn't allow the evolution.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Quick question, When i try to evolve my Chickorita (Fire red version), All that happens is the evolution stops. Is it because there is no national dex? I was wondering how i can fix this, So i can allow Chickorita and its evolutions to evolve. Thank you. I know this is a pretty stupid question, but it just doesn't allow the evolution.
haa this question has been asked already not that reasonly and I awsened it but I will do it again next time serch first edit oks script under FR_POKEDEX add NA_POKEDEX under that and complie it :D hope that helps

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
haa this question has been asked already not that reasonly and I awsened it but I will do it again next time serch first edit oks script under FR_POKEDEX add NA_POKEDEX under that and complie it :D hope that helps

Im still a bit confused, im not sure where i can find that script, im searching for it, but no luck.

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
-sighs- Right, so, I'm inserting tiles into an Emerald ROM from scratch. I deleted the main tileset and am putting in each block and changing the pallettes myself. However, pretty early on, I realized I had a big problem - animated tiles.

I found a tutorial here on PC for changing the grass animation, so I think I'm covered there. But the only tutorial for changing the water animation is for FR, not Emerald, requires the use of TileMolester, which refuses to run on my computer, and involves editing tiles that already exist in the game, whereas I am working from a blank slate as far as tiles go.

Does anyone know how to create an animated tile from scratch? If not, does anyone have any advice for another way of getting around this problem?

You really should have just avoided deleting everything. You should only just replace tiles or remove tiles that you won't be using.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
The problem with my rom is that with level scripts

Today I've inserted about 4 level scripts in, and when I tried to insert the 4th it displayed the same offset anf flag number as the previous one i inserted.

Could this be happening becuase I inserted too many level scripts in my rom? or because Of some other unexplained reason?

btw it also displayed the same unhighlited script offset tab as in the previous script I did. And also when I replace the data in one of the maps, the same replaced data is on the other map.

any help is appreciated ^^

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Ugh. I'm trying to do some coding in XSE, and it's starting to hack me off. (HAHA GET IT? HACK? *cricket noises*)

But yeah, here's the code:

Spoiler:

Everything goes fine. But when the code finishes, I can't move the player, he is frozen in one spot. I can bring up the help menu using L or R but that is it. I don't understand why it is doing this :\

You forgot a 0xFE under #org @playermove...haha, I laughed at your joke :P

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
Forgotten Memory,

Thank you for the information on the warping information. It was very helpful and I was able to achieve what I was trying to do.

I'm still having a horrible time trying to change the title screen. I keep thinking I do it right but it always gets extremely messed up.

Perhaps I'll make a video on what I'm doing and you can tell me what I did wrong. The guide you linked didn't help me, and I think I've seen it before.

Usually most of the time, the end product ends up being what I'm replacing totally not there anymore, with a bunch of jibberish on the ENTIRE screen. I've been following directions online, and from the guide added into the version of Cyclone I have.

Argh, I wish this was like back in the day, with Tlayer...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ahh.... having problems with my overworld...
First evrythin looks oK... http://i31.tinypic.com/25hdg5u.png
Then when i come out of that truck my overworld turns transparent.... http://i27.tinypic.com/25zguf9.png
Then when i come into the house the same thing... http://i27.tinypic.com/2ivzfyx.png
When i come into the room evrythin turns normall.... :( http://i31.tinypic.com/n7md.png
Then in the beggining of the Proffesor script wer he gets chased by that dog my sprite turns into another couler again... < http://i29.tinypic.com/dg3rko.png

1. Yes i tried changin the coulers..... dont work<
2. Dis happens only to the boy sprite... caz probally i didnt change the girls sprite yet...
3. Tried changing the trucks palletes

Plz help.... tried lots of things but it jus dont work..
Your best bet would be to restart on a new rom.

No ones figured out how animation works yet afaik. You'll have to start again and make sure you place your new sea tiles over the old ones.

The problem with my rom is that with level scripts

Today I've inserted about 4 level scripts in, and when I tried to insert the 4th it displayed the same offset anf flag number as the previous one i inserted.

Could this be happening becuase I inserted too many level scripts in my rom? or because Of some other unexplained reason?

btw it also displayed the same unhighlited script offset tab as in the previous script I did. And also when I replace the data in one of the maps, the same replaced data is on the other map.

any help is appreciated ^^
Its possible I suppose. Its hard to tell where you might have gone wrong by your description. Remember: you can always combine two scripts by separating them with checkflags.

Thats usually caused by the map data overflowing into another map's data. You'll need to repoint the one thats overflowing (do both just to be thorough).

Forgotten Memory,

Thank you for the information on the warping information. It was very helpful and I was able to achieve what I was trying to do.

I'm still having a horrible time trying to change the title screen. I keep thinking I do it right but it always gets extremely messed up.

Perhaps I'll make a video on what I'm doing and you can tell me what I did wrong. The guide you linked didn't help me, and I think I've seen it before.

Usually most of the time, the end product ends up being what I'm replacing totally not there anymore, with a bunch of jibberish on the ENTIRE screen. I've been following directions online, and from the guide added into the version of Cyclone I have.

Argh, I wish this was like back in the day, with Tlayer...
It sounds like you might be forgetting to repoint the tilemap data. Use NTME (*sigh* why are people still using Cyclone?) theres a video in the thread that shows you how to edit title screens that should help.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
World Map Troubles

I've scrounged around for anything on this, but haven't had much luck. I followed haefele's tutorial on inserting the world map, and it worked like a charm. Except for two things...
MapError.png

The colors of the town squares are wrong, and the little location buttons from the original FireRed are still there.
Does anybody know the RGB values of the correct shades of grey to use for the towns to where they will use the right colors in game?
Does anybody know why those old pieces are still showing up on the map?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I've scrounged around for anything on this, but haven't had much luck. I followed haefele's tutorial on inserting the world map, and it worked like a charm. Except for two things...
MapError.png

The colors of the town squares are wrong, and the little location buttons from the original FireRed are still there.
Does anybody know the RGB values of the correct shades of grey to use for the towns to where they will use the right colors in game?
Does anybody know why those old pieces are still showing up on the map?
the firered titles are an easy fix you can use advance map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back