• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Because I have a life outside the forum that consists of working, and because of the holiday season, I have a double shift almost every day of the week.

PS: idk who syndan is ):

sorry... I didn't know.

here's a cookie
cookie.gif

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's okay. It's just stressful working all during my break. I will accept your cookie though, and I raise you a holiday treat.

red-velvet-cake-with-cream-cheese-icing-main.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
you didn't actually change them (I checked the thread)
and anyway it's been 18 hours since I posted a challenge, I sent syndan a PM 6 hours ago, and my challenge still has not been approved/disapproved. why?

Oh, I actually DID change them. At first, all those extra moves like Fake Tears were mandatory. ALL of them. Now, if people got teams smaller than 6, they get to pick ONE or TWO of them. They're only mandatory for those going for full teams. But unlike me, people aren't that crazy to play with a full team xD

It's called a CHALLENGE for a reason. It's supposed to be CHALLENGING. So I don't see why people whine about it being difficult xD

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
The Pokedex Challenge

So, I've been debating on weather or not i would actually make a post about this to share with the community because of 2 reason. 1. I didn't know who would actually find this interesting/amusing. And 2. I didn't know if someone has already attempted the challenge and posted about it. But i said to heck with it and decided to post about it just to see what kinda of folks like this sorta thing.

This is a challenge i set for myself a while back when my fiance bought the newest Pokedex book. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the book, it goes all the way up to Black/White 2 games and has all the stats you need for every Pokemon. Generally i don't by these books. Don't really want them. But when i opened up the cover of the book i noticed that there was something really cool on the inside. Every Pokemon over world sprite was laid out nice and neat in PC boxes. I thought to my self, "Oh my gosh, now there's a challenge." Which got me thinking, how cool would it be to have every Pokemon in the game laid out nice and neat in the order of the pokedex in your box. This would accomplish 2 things for me that have always bugged me. Cluttered PC boxes and missing pokemon. So for the month and a half I've been collecting every pokemon i can get my hands on to add them to my boxes. After i had a very nice collection, I began organizing. I started with Bulbasar and went all the way through to Zygarde at 718. It took a collective 24 of my boxes to put them in order from 001 all the way to 720. And although there are some major gaps in the boxes because of the wait for the pokebank, so far its been an amazing process. While i wait to transfer pokemon from the older games to the bank, I've been spending my time going through the Elite 4 evolving pokemon that i needed, and spending quality time at the daycare breeding for the lower level ones.

So yea, as of right now i have well over half the pokemon that are accessible to me without the help from the bank. But once the bank opens up it will be much easier to collect the ones i need to fill in gaps. When the whole thing is done i hope to have all 720 pokemon nice and neat in the pokemon bank for a nice little display of dedication. I'm happy to post pictures online for people to take a look at if they are interested, but like i said in the beginning this is a personal challenge that i wanted to share with the rest of the pokefans out there.

Guy

just a guy
Years
That's an amazing feat you've got going and a great challenge to set for yourself. I wish you a lot of luck on it. You've already done better than me, I just don't have the patience to catch 'em all anymore. Or the time!

I moved this on over here to the Challenges forum since it didn't exactly fit in X/Y entirely, but I'm sure Everlark can merge it into the DCC here where it'd probably fit a lot better.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?

Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)

Last edited:

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
That's an amazing feat you've got going and a great challenge to set for yourself. I wish you a lot of luck on it. You've already done better than me, I just don't have the patience to catch 'em all anymore. Or the time!

I moved this on over here to the Challenges forum since it didn't exactly fit in X/Y entirely, but I'm sure Everlark can merge it into the DCC here where it'd probably fit a lot better.

I cool. When i saw that the thread was gone i thought it had been deleted. Thanks for moving it to where it belonged :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)

LOL!

Wow that's an interesting challenge I would never put myself through.

Are you EFFIN KIDDING ME PAIR?!? I'd CUT my way to victory! And ROCK SMASH all of my enemies then FLASH my victories about, to show my STRENGTH while DIVING in the crowd, enjoying a WATERFALL of applause until a WHIRLPOOL forms in my mind and then I'll ROCK CLIMB my way out of the crowd to DEFOG my brain and then my awesome team and I will FLY into the sunset and forever be champions! *-*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kagami has the spirit! I did actually finish that lmao. It was hard, actually. Maybe I'll post it again someday.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?

My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.

First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?

Yes, that's fine with me since this is one of those challenges that would rely on something like that. I've allowed hacked eggs before in the Scrambled Egg Challenge before, so this just falls into that category imo.

Also everyone, make sure you vote in the MOTY ballot for Challenges! It's stickied and severly lacking in participation. You only need to vote in two categories for it to count. That's not asking too much, is it? -puppy eyes-

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
More people to join the challenge section = More participation in challenges
More participation in challenges = More people
More people = More challenge created
More challenge created = More active
More active = More participation in MOTY for Challenge section :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back