• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
If you have a legendary and trade it over to ORAS, will info show up in the DexNav for when you're trying to capture the native legendary? And if not, assuming beating the pokemon does not negate your chance of fighting it again, could you keep beating the pokemon over and over to raise it's dexnav level?

Also, since there are so many more legendaries in ORAS than X and Y, will having a Synchronise pokemon with the nature you want help at all during the interactive encounter to increase the odds of that legendary being the nature of the synchronize pokemon? i know it's only 50%, but I was just wondering if synchronize works this way during fixed encounters. I asked this when X and Y came out in regards to the Snorlax encounter, but no one knew for sure so I'm hoping in the past year this question may have been solved.

Edit: Also, who do you encourage pokemon to appear in the wild so that the dexnav picks them up? Do you just wait around on a route until a tail or whatever appears, do you exit and reeneter the route, do you just run around until one appears, what?

Edit 2: and what is the maximum level a pokemon needs to be at to get all the options displayed on the dexnav? (I know it can go well beyond level 100, but surely you don't need it to go that high to display all the info, right?)

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Edit: Also, who do you encourage pokemon to appear in the wild so that the dexnav picks them up? Do you just wait around on a route until a tail or whatever appears, do you exit and reeneter the route, do you just run around until one appears, what?

Just run around. No need to refresh the screen or anything.

Edit 2: and what is the maximum level a pokemon needs to be at to get all the options displayed on the dexnav? (I know it can go well beyond level 100, but surely you don't need it to go that high to display all the info, right?)

You mean the search level right? All the options can appear as soon as the first time (I know from my own experience), but the chance increases as you search level goes up.

As for your first two questions, I don't know. Hopefully someone else can answer them.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Just run around. No need to refresh the screen or anything.

You mean the search level right? All the options can appear as soon as the first time (I know from my own experience), but the chance increases as you search level goes up.

As for your first two questions, I don't know. Hopefully someone else can answer them.

What do you mean "the chance increases are the search level goes up"? As in the chance of running into that species goes up the higher the level?

Also, I am almost to petal burg and cam across a zigzagoon that had "Potential" and then 3 stars listed underneath, what does potential mean?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
What do you mean "the chance increases are the search level goes up"? As in the chance of running into that species goes up the higher the level?

Also, I am almost to petal burg and cam across a zigzagoon that had "Potential" and then 3 stars listed underneath, what does potential mean?

No, I mean that the chance all the options will show up. Like the Level, First Move, Potential, all that stuff. The higher you're search level goes up, the more likely you'll get more options.

And higher potential means better IVs.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
No, I mean that the chance all the options will show up. Like the Level, First Move, Potential, all that stuff. The higher you're search level goes up, the more likely you'll get more options.

And higher potential means better IVs.

OH wait, okay, so what you're saying is that when you use the dexnav, any or all the options COULD show up, but the higher the level, the more they DO show up, right?

Potential refers to the IVs of that Pokemon. Every filled star represents a perfect IV.

So I only saw 3 stars, does that mean wild pokemon can only have a maximum of 3 perfect IVs or does it simply have 3 as a starting point and if the pokemon has more than 3, it will simply add more stars?

Years
Apparently, it's possibly a random from the Pokemon Contests.

I need this confirmed by a few other people before I believe it.

While I'm waiting, could a moderator please direct me to an item trading thread? Preferably one that specializes in the Destiny Knot? Thanx.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Has anyone been able to find a sableye? I'm looking in granite cave, but I'm guessing it doesn't appear there anymore, as 30 minutes of searching has yielded nothing.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Okay, seriously, what is the deal with Gamesync? Are they TRYING to make a service suck as much as humanly possible or what?

So ranting aside, honestly, what is the deal with it? It seems as soon as I sync ANY game with it (such as to transfer poke miles to the PGL in order to play games or buy items and such) and I get my items from the site and try to sync again, I am blocked from game sync constantly because "the server is busy" and it's at least an hour so far I've been blocked, maybe 2, so is it ACTUALLY because the game sync server is busy, or is it an intentional mechanic to prevent people from redeeming their poke miles and getting their stuff too fast so they make you wait a few hours between each game sync? I have had this problem constantly and unendingly for just over a year now with Y, X and just now with Alpha Sapphire so I am presuming it MUST be intentional, or am I just insanely unlucky?

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years
Any one?
Also where to get waterfall in Sootopolis?

You have to beat the gym leader.

Has anyone been able to find a sableye? I'm looking in granite cave, but I'm guessing it doesn't appear there anymore, as 30 minutes of searching has yielded nothing.

Which version do you have? I think he is a version exclusive to sapphire. Otherwise he appears rarely in the granite cave or in the cave of origin.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
Okay, seriously, what is the deal with Gamesync? Are they TRYING to make a service suck as much as humanly possible or what?

So ranting aside, honestly, what is the deal with it? It seems as soon as I sync ANY game with it (such as to transfer poke miles to the PGL in order to play games or buy items and such) and I get my items from the site and try to sync again, I am blocked from game sync constantly because "the server is busy" and it's at least an hour so far I've been blocked, maybe 2, so is it ACTUALLY because the game sync server is busy, or is it an intentional mechanic to prevent people from redeeming their poke miles and getting their stuff too fast so they make you wait a few hours between each game sync? I have had this problem constantly and unendingly for just over a year now with Y, X and just now with Alpha Sapphire so I am presuming it MUST be intentional, or am I just insanely unlucky?

I think right now, the server really is busy since ORAS was just recently released and a lot of people are most likely trying to access stuff like the PGL which will uses the game sync servers to connect to our games.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
Is it possible to encounter Deoxys again if it was knocked out the first time?

I remember reading that you can rebattle it at Sky Pillar if you were to knock it out, but I have yet to reach the Delta Episode myself so I can't say. I'd imagine that if it's true it would be preferable to do so since you'd be able to Synchronize it by then.

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
does anybody know if rayquaza, groudon, and deoxys are shiny locked in this game? so far, i only know that lati@s is the only possible shiny (and lol cut scenes, not resetting for that). it'd also be nice to know about the other legendaries, but the three mentioned are all i really care about.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Electirizer

Hey guys. I wanted an Electivire for my play through in AS so I transferred an Elekid from Y using Pokebank. I have an electirizer in Y and I was wondering if there was anyway to get it into AS. Can I trade it to my friend's Y and have him upload a common w/ the electirizer to the GTS or can you trade between X/Y to ORAS? Please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back