• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Glory Festival [Serebii vs PokéCommunity]

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Summer Glory Festival [Serebii vs Pok?Community]

Summer Glory Festival
The competition
Assemble battlers of Pok?Community! We gather together this summer for fun to test our skills against another community. Twelve to sixteen participants will meet a player from the other community for a single elimination battle. The side with the most wins will be declared the victor of the festival! First, in order to determine fair pairings, both sides have agreed to conduct a competition to seed the players to allow for comparable players to meet in battle. Give it your all, and represent your community proudly!

Tretta_Forest_Festival_location_zpsbfgzbtx5.png
Tretta_Ruins_Festival_location_zpstg3ltwio.png

Serebii (6) VS Pok?Community (6)
1. Lugia-sama VS 1. Choice Specs
2. MetalSonic VS 2. Kevin Garrett
3. M.Oreo VS 3. Noa
4. Rocxidi VS 4. gimmepie
5. Zold VS 5. Sam1994
6. Saph~ VS 6. Aurora
7. Archangel VS 7. Rabinov
8. ger9119 VS 8. Dragon
9. NeohopeSTF VS 9. wolf
10. ptz VS 10. Decidueye
11. Naoto Shirogane VS 11. Nah
12. ?ew? VS 12. Fire Snow

All matches are best of one (1). The deadline for completing your match is 10 days (August 7 @ 12:00 am EDT).

Post your game results in this thread! As always, discussion of the event itself may proceed. Should a tie result, both sides will agree upon the terms to a tiebreaker before commencing.

You can follow Serebii's process in the thread on their forums.

The rules

• Battles are to be held on Pok?Community's Showdown server.
  • Standard SM OU ban list and clauses apply.
  • Groups of 4 players based on PCL Elo rankings coupled with random assortment for unranked players.
  • Players will face off against the other individuals in their group pairings.
  • Similar records will be determined by head-to-head records.
  • The seeded roster will compete against the complementary roster from Serebii to battle for glory!

Scheduling

• You are expected to respond to your opponents promptly.
  • Visitor/profile messages must be used for scheduling.
  • When sending the initial message, offer time frames that work for you and preferably mention your time zone. If no times work and all possible options have been exhausted, contact me immediately.
  • Schedule a specific time and date.
  • If your opponent isn't there at the scheduled time, try to wait at least ~30 minutes.
  • Use this thread to keep me updated on how the scheduling is going.

Group phase

Park group
Tretta_Park_location_zps8mwa4gm7.png

1. Choice Specs (3-0)
2. Rabinov (2-1)
3. Dragon (1-2)
4. FireSnow (0-3)

Spoiler:

Waterfront group
Tretta_Waterfront_Shiny_Village_location_zps2j6c3rhl.png

1. r - Kevin Garrett (2-1)
1. gimmepie (2-1)
1. Sam1994 (2-1)
4. Nah (0-3)

Spoiler:

Foot group
Tretta_Foot_location_zpspt6gqswz.png

1. t - Noa (2-1)
1. Aurora (2-1)
3. t - wolf (1-2)
3. Decidueye (1-2)

Spoiler:

r - Indicates player won round robin tiebreaker.
t - Indicates player holds the tiebreaker over their opponent.

The deadline for completing ONE match is 1 week (July 13 @ 12:00 am EDT).
The deadline for completing ALL 3 matches is 2 weeks (July 20 @ 12:00 am EDT July 22 @ 11:59 pm EDT).

Seeding phase

Pok?Community
Tretta_Ruins_Festival_location_zpstg3ltwio.png

1. Choice Specs
2. Kevin Garrett
3. Noa
4. gimmepie
5. Sam1994
6. Aurora
7. Rabinov
8. Dragon
9. wolf
10. Decidueye
11. Nah
12. FireSnow

Spoiler:

The deadline for completing ALL matches is 1 week (July 27 @ 12:00 am EDT).

Last edited:

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Discussion with the tournaments staff on Serebii resulted in a decision to make this a 12-player competition. We currently have 9 players registered, so we only need 3 more before we can proceed with our group phase. I will continue to accept sign-ups after we reach 12 in the event that we need a substitute.

Some of their members have been in contact on here and the Discord chat. BGP_ is one of the members who will be heading the construction of Serebii's team.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Both sides agreed to only select members with join dates as recent as 4/2017 and older as an additional measure of fairness (to prevent recruitment). We still need one more member to start our group phase.

Reactions: Nah

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
FriskInUndertalw: Welcome to PokeCommunity. The event only permits members who have been registered for at least 3 months. However, there are other exciting events coming up soon, like the PokeCommunity League that you would be interested in participating in.

Now that we have 12 players, we can proceed to the group phase. Using the PCL Elo rating (see below), I applied the top 9 players in this rankings by snaking them into our three groups. Since I was the only player without an Elo rating, I randomized the groups of myself along with two others using a random number generator to fill them out.

Spoiler:

Tretta_Park_location_zps8mwa4gm7.png

Park Group
Dragon vs. FireSnow
Dragon vs. Choice Specs
Dragon vs. Aaron
FireSnow vs. Choice Specs
FireSnow vs. Aaron
Choice Specs vs. Aaron

Tretta_Waterfront_Shiny_Village_location_zps2j6c3rhl.png

Waterfront Group
Nah vs. Sam1994
Nah vs. gimmepie
Nah vs. Kevin Garrett
Sam1994 vs. gimmepie
Sam1994 vs. Kevin Garrett
gimmepie vs. Kevin Garrett

Tretta_Foot_location_zpspt6gqswz.png

Foot Group
wolf vs. Aurora
wolf vs. Decidueye
wolf vs. Noa
Aurora vs. Decidueye
Aurora vs. Noa
Decidueye vs. Noa

Since Marshadow is currently obtainable and legal in the SM OU format, you will be allowed to use it. The deadline for completing ONE match is 1 week (July 13 @ 12:00 am EDT). The deadline for completing ALL 3 matches is 2 weeks (July 20 @ 12:00 am EDT).

(All matches are best of one.)

Best of luck to everyone and have fun!

Last edited:

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Good game Sam. Looks like I need to sharpen my game; that was a poor showing.

Serebii just got their line-up selection process underway. You can follow it in this thread if you're interested: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...nt-with-Pok%E9community-Summer-Glory-Festival

Edit: Marshadow is now BANNED. It will not be legal for the tournament since the only match played did not see its usage and the player base has not fully adopted it anyway.

Last edited:
Back