• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
guys ! I'm not sure if this the right place or not, but how do I make the pokemon sprites in fire red animated ?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
No solution for my problem?
Why not just leave it? Removing it will not fix the fact that the RTC won't work. Therefore, just leaving it would be the simplest solution.

Hey, how do you change Trainer pictures, or add sprites to a rom? I'm working on an Emerald hack and it needs 20 trainer sprites.
There is a program called UNLZ GBA that will help you do this. Guides for using it are all over the tutorial section :)

How can you change the default battle music for a trainer class?
* Emerald, if it matters.

You can do this with a program called A-Trainer. I don't know if it changes default music for the whole class, but you can change the music for each trainer individually.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2023
I already explained that it is really annoying to me. I don't have a clue about hacking, so can someone tell me if it is a difficult or a simple task?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I already explained that it is really annoying to me. I don't have a clue about hacking, so can someone tell me if it is a difficult or a simple task?

Difficult especially if you aren't experienced is the simple answer. It requires ASM, technically I think you can do it in HEX as well. A simpler thing you can do is just edit what it says. So instead of 'battery dead' ect... you can say something like, 'Launching Hack Name.'

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Could anyone please tell me how the checksum is calculated for a .sav file for pokemon Yellow? I have located the checksum offset as 0x3522 to 0x3523 and I believe that it is a CRC16-CCITT (could someone verify that?). What I'm having trouble doing is finding which values in the .sav file that are being used to calculate the checksum.

If someone could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Are there some maps whose dimensions cannot be changed in A-Map? Because recently I tried to change the dimensions of one of the Dotted Hole maps in fire red, and upon trying to warp to that map got a black screen. But when I changed the the map size back to default, everything was fine again.

Basically, I want to know if there is a problem with my ROM, or if this is just the way it is (for whatever reason). Has anyone else ever had this problem?

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
1. for firered, which asm is easier to do? mugshots or prebattlemugshots
2. if i make a new tileset does it take up free space?
3. I need help, whenever ii enter this building it does this :
Pokemon-FireRed_zps95836266.png

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
1. for firered, which asm is easier to do? mugshots or prebattlemugshots
2. if i make a new tileset does it take up free space?
3. I need help, whenever ii enter this building it does this :
Pokemon-FireRed_zps95836266.png

mugshots it only needs scripting and replacing pokemon sprites and it doesn't need ASM... :)

And about the new tileset of course it takes up Free Space everything you insert in the hack will take up free space... :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
How do you add extra trainer sprite data in R/S/E/FR/LG? Without replacing any other trainer sprites?

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Is it possible to give a pokemon directly to the PC?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Game: Fire Red

How would I go about changing the color of the city names? Such as when you walk into a new city or area a box in the upperleft-hand of the screen comes down and says the name of the area you are in. Thanks for your time in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back