• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Pokémon-related purchase you made!

Years
Bought some Pokemon cards off of Wish, which I'm assuming are going to be fakes. In fact, I'm kind of hoping they are, as I'd be much more interested in having some blatantly awful looking cards, rather than some that are close enough to pass as the real things.

Guest123_x1

After over 2? years of procrastination, in late September, I finally ordered the first three Pok?mon movies Blu-ray set. I already had these three movies in their 2016 DVD forms, which I purchased shortly after their release, but I had also been wanting the Blu-ray version(s) as well.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
Somewhat of an older guy, the last Pokemon game I played or purchased was Emerald. I think the last Pokemon I caught was Rayquaza. iirc, I literally shut off the game days later and sold all my Nintendo stuff to the local Gamestop. I have not played a Nintendo game nor system since 2005.

I was going to make a new thread about this, but decided to just chime in here. Was just wondering how the generations after Emerald are? Thinking about getting back into this Pokemon stuff. So that means buying DS systems and the games, the whole nine. M.U.G.E.N sparked my Pokemon interest once again.

Years
Somewhat of an older guy, the last Pokemon game I played or purchased was Emerald. I think the last Pokemon I caught was Rayquaza. iirc, I literally shut off the game days later and sold all my Nintendo stuff to the local Gamestop. I have not played a Nintendo game nor system since 2005.

I was going to make a new thread about this, but decided to just chime in here. Was just wondering how the generations after Emerald are? Thinking about getting back into this Pokemon stuff. So that means buying DS systems and the games, the whole nine. M.U.G.E.N sparked my Pokemon interest once again.
If you're looking to get back into the series, definitely buy a 2DS/3DS, as those are backwards compatible, and can play all of the Pokemon games of the last 4 generations (everything after Emerald). If you were a fan of Gold/Silver/Crystal, I would definitely keep an eye out for a copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver, as that's a great jumping point back into the series. It teaches you some of the mechanics changes from the older versions, and slowly introduces you to some of the newer Pokemon in the series. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are pretty much the same concept too, taking the old Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and adding some new stuff to it to keep the games fresh.

Outside of that, I would recommend looking into the newer games of each generation (Platinum over Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon over Sun/Moon), since they're more updated versions of the originals, and you won't miss out on much if you play the newer versions. The only exception to this is that Black 2 and White 2 are actually sequels to Black and White, so if you enjoy playing for the story in Pokemon games, I definitely recommend playing one of each!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
If you're looking to get back into the series, definitely buy a 2DS/3DS, as those are backwards compatible, and can play all of the Pokemon games of the last 4 generations (everything after Emerald). If you were a fan of Gold/Silver/Crystal, I would definitely keep an eye out for a copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver, as that's a great jumping point back into the series. It teaches you some of the mechanics changes from the older versions, and slowly introduces you to some of the newer Pokemon in the series. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are pretty much the same concept too, taking the old Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and adding some new stuff to it to keep the games fresh.

Outside of that, I would recommend looking into the newer games of each generation (Platinum over Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon over Sun/Moon), since they're more updated versions of the originals, and you won't miss out on much if you play the newer versions. The only exception to this is that Black 2 and White 2 are actually sequels to Black and White, so if you enjoy playing for the story in Pokemon games, I definitely recommend playing one of each!

Good information; I will start there. Thanks.

Back