• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon can learn,but shouldn't

Years
  • Age 30
  • No.
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
Poliwrath, Electabuzz, Electivire, Magmar, Magmortar, Noivern, and Snorlax have something in common.

They can all learn Psychic.

Years
How does the diglett line use Scratch and Slash, anyways? o_o;;

As a kid I always just assumed their noses had a very coarse, sandpaper-like texture, so that's what they used to attack with for those moves. I think the intended inference is that they do have claws underground, but then it became a running gag to never show any more of their bodies than can be seen in their original sprites, so…

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
You guys joke about Wooper getting Ice Punch, but...

nobody mentions Gastly [insert exaggerating amount of question marks]?

Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Sucker Punch
Knock Off
Payback

How do you utilize those, Mr. Gaseous Blob Sans Hands?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Well,you would expect a pokemon like gastly to learn a move called Suprise Attack,so it makes sense now. Payback can easily be used without hands,even by english name. Knock Off is not a punching move,as it is not boosted by iron fist. Its animation is a hand,but gastly is a ghost-type and ghosts can create stuff.

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Nov 11, 2018
Hi! I think that you are little bit not correct when specifying this issue. or, you confuse us. Will you clarify this point?

Years
On this topic, I remember when I first discovered sucker punch Spiritomb, and I thought to myself "But it doesn't have hands???" and then it all made sense later. How did "Surprise Attack" become "Sucker Punch" anyway?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Thunders/Jolteon/Blitza can learn iron tail and tail whip........wait what, but it doesn't have a tail

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
1.I never watched the french dub that much, only german and polish (which uses english names as base) ones
2.To be fair i based it on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjGrMBf0Trk

i never watched the french or german dub. mostly the original japanese version,occasionally the english dub. i got its french name from bulbapedia. i don't see jolteon a lot when watching the anime.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years

I meant that the only episodes of Pokemon in japanese with subs i can find are the Sunmoon episodes

Heck does any country has their pokemon dubs with japanese audio and subs? Becuase the german DVD sure doesn't

Oh you meant illegal episodes? O_o

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
I meant that the only episodes of Pokemon in japanese with subs i can find are the Sunmoon episodes

Heck does any country has their pokemon dubs with japanese audio and subs? Becuase the german DVD sure doesn't

Oh you meant illegal episodes? O_o

I meant that your grammar sucks.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Snorlax can learn Self-Destruct. I found that pretty funny.

As for Garchomp… it learns several water moves. Aqua Tail, Surf, Rain Dance... and the list goes on. And it's a land shark Pokémon that's supposed to live in the desert or something.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
I meant that your grammar sucks.

Of course it sucks, english it's not my native language, i'm polish and i finished school in 2004, so i can forget how to spell english words, besides i have to google some english words

Last edited:
Back