• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About the manga...

rocketgruntusingzubat

That Hyper Beam didn't even hurt...
Years
So, I wanted to read the Pokémon Manga since people really praise it and there are like dozens of hackroms based on it, but I'm confused since there are so many versions.

I understand that "Adventures" is the one people mostly talk about. Is it in any way, shape or form related to the others? Is there a correct order? Are they all good? Also, how far into generations does it go?

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but the anime section...well, it's about the anime which in and on itself is a completely different beast. Or 1000 of them. Also, thanks in advance.

Years
So, I wanted to read the Pokémon Manga since people really praise it and there are like dozens of hackroms based on it, but I'm confused since there are so many versions.

I understand that "Adventures" is the one people mostly talk about. Is it in any way, shape or form related to the others? Is there a correct order? Are they all good? Also, how far into generations does it go?

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but the anime section...well, it's about the anime which in and on itself is a completely different beast. Or 1000 of them. Also, thanks in advance.

Adventures and Special are the same story family. Pokemon Special is how it's known in Japan and a few other countries, while in most countries it's sold as Pokemon Adventures (iirc). Pokemon Adventures goes through the regions basically in game release order, with an arc for each core duo (and trio in Gen I's case) game and then a second arc for the special version of that gen, and the story arcs for the remake games return to the characters from the regions the remakes are set in.

There are a handful of series that have similar titles to Adventures, but note that they'll use "Adventure" instead of "Adventures".

Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures is its own story and all the other manga series are unrelated to it if they don't specifically have "Pokemon Adventures" in the title.

Does this clear anything up?

Back