• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Just joined the forum, though it's my 13 year old son that's the huge Pokemon fan.
Would have been rude to to say hello to you all though!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Just joined the forum, though it's my 13 year old son that's the huge Pokemon fan.
Would have been rude to to say hello to you all though!

Rude to say hello or not to say hello :laugh-squinted: Anyways, welcome to PC. If you got any questions or interests you'd like to share, feel free to do so. :t037: Hit me or any of the volunteer staff up if you got a question or concern.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! That's really sweet of you to support your son when it comes to his love of Pokemon Will both of you be using this account? How long have you been into the games yourself? :)

Years
Pokémon is an awesome series for all ages, I am sure I'll continue to be into it even when I'm much older. <3 Welcome to you!

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Waaa so sweet hehe. Being a Pokemon fan together is awesome! Anyway, welcome to the forum!
Would you tell us more about yourself?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Hi sorry. Only just logged back in. Now I feel rude for ignoring all you kind people! Sorry.
More about me. Well I'm 51 and from the UK. I grew up playing games on my ZX Spectrum, followed by a Commodore 64 and finally an Amiga. Sort of fell out of gaming apart from the occasional game on my PC. Got back into gaming in recent years via my two sons, the youngest of which is a huge Pokemon fan. I've never actually played Pokemon - I think I was just a little too old when the game first came out. I can see why it's popular and it is definitely the type of game I enjoy. I love a good world to explore!
Anyway I have a bunch of questions to ask, but this isn't the tread to do it in, so I'll just wander off elsewhere.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Mr.Flibble! Glad you decided to come hang out again! Don't worry, we understand, the internet can't always be the priority!

Thank you for sharing so much about yourself! Your sons have excellent taste in video games! :) It's nice to see parents engage in their kid's hobbies and expand their own! My dad is always super supportive of my Pokemon-ing, even as I inch closer to 30, haha.

If you have any questions about where to post things or about PC's different sections, or just want to chat please feel free to ask me or any of the other staff members. We're happy to help!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hello and if you have a bunch of questions to ask regarding the games, may I recommend Previous Generations for games encompassing Generations 1-6(basically anything not Sun&Moon), or Seventh Generation if it does involve Sun and Moon(and only Sun and Moon). You?re also welcome to message any of the staff or myself and perhaps we may be able to answer or point you in the right direction as to where to ask or seek further information.

We are in the process of making a FAQ for Previous Generations so hopefully before the end of year, it should be posted for everyone to take advantage of it(that is if Nah gets off her darn butt and posts it already).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Thanks. He's played his way through most of the games and seems to be managing okay and eagerly awaiting the new game out soon.

I originally joined here as he had discovered the world of fan made Pokemon games (mainly because of Pokemon Essentials demise being in the news). We gave up though as we thought they wouldn't work without that pack.

I've now bought him his own laptop, which we've just set up and after a lot of head scratching I've managed to get a Fan made Pokemon game installed (Pokemon Spork). I think that will keep him happy until the new game is out!

Is there a newbee guide to Fan made games on here somewhere?
Both recommendations of ones to play and also making your own.
He's keen to learn coding and has bought something called RPG Maker.

Answering an earlier question. It will just be me posting here, but he might set up his own account here at some point. Thanks

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We have an entire section of the board dedicated to Fan Games. There's several sections on ROM's where you can discuss ROM's, ask for help on ROM's, showcase ROM's and so on depending upon the board in question.

Couple links worth noting:
Fan Game Recommendations Dated but could use a look.
Fan Game Hub Rules <- Should read this. Any specific questions regarding rules should be sent towards the respective Moderators or Admin

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Thanks. That's a good starting point - that always helps.
I tried googling first before joining here but it was sheer information overload.
Just having a friendly place like this to ask dumb newbee questions is a real help

Back