• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon the movie 2018

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
New movie that is called Pokemon The movie 2018 for now.

My personal opinion: not liking this very much. Like I Choose You, it seems to be an alternate universe. Designs for characters is awful. Movies has started going downhill since I Choose You.

I rather they go back to the old formula.

Update: Please state your opinion as an opinion and not fact. Use "in my opinion or imo" in your posts in the thread.

Please don't repeat your post over and over again and try to stay on topic. Please do not shove your opinions on other people. Everyone has different opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
While there's little info right now to substantiate an opinion, I think the art style is a little unusual. Don't really see a drop in quality, the Pokemon movies were never anything to write home about tbh, old or new, just promotion for that new generation and its legendary Pokemon. I only like some of them out of nostalgia mostly.

Last edited:
Years
I like Ash is stll the same from M20. The blonde girl looks cute, and it seems Ash is blushing. I'll like it if it takes place in Sinnoh.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I don't mind that this is a sequel to I choose you while imma miss the old Pokémon movies format of may or may not be happening during tv series between eps. I like to see where this takes it could be interesting for the movies to have its own saga in a way were all the movies from I choose you and on are cannon to each other and don't have to cause plot holes in the tv show and while I haven't seen I choose you yet it's a breath of fresh air to me. Like the art style too only thing why ash looks 18 lol

Years
What the heck is up with Ash's design in this movie? He looks like more out of a shoujo anime than from Pokemon.

Also, if this seems to be the new format for the movies, SM is the first generation saga to not have any movies directly tied to it.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
It looks bloody awful even at this early stage imo. How many goats do I have to sacrifice to see the SM cast in a movie? Ffs.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
All this hate is fucking disgusting...there's only thirty seconds of footage. It's annoying that you're all hating on it with so little to go on.

I'm totally fine w/a continuation of I Choose You. There literally aren't enough mythical Pokemon to make an Alola movie.

Years
They won't make any Alola movie for sure. This will be a new trilogy of AU movies with this new Ash. They didn't only change the series' formula but also the movies' but unlike SM it works in the movies. However, I am afraid this keeps for gen 8. I just hope this only happens only for this gen movies.

Ash's clothes look a mix of his XY and BW clothes. Might that be he's into a new and unknown region only canon to the anime? The blonde girl looks cute, I think I'll like her so badly. I wonder when will we get more info on the movie.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
All this hate is psyducking disgusting...there's only thirty seconds of footage. It's annoying that you're all hating on it with so little to go on.

I'm totally fine w/a continuation of I Choose You. There literally aren't enough mythical Pokemon to make an Alola movie.

I don't like it when movies are not canon to the anime series. Even if i seen the whole film, that fact that it is not canon grinds my gears.

That was my issue with I choose You. It was not canon and it broke the old formula. I prefer the old formula. However if others are excited and hype for this then that is fine. To each his/her own.

Years
It looks bloody awful even at this early stage imo. How many goats do I have to sacrifice to see the SM cast in a movie? Ffs.

I think at this rate, as Kuzehiko said, that it looks unlikely that SM will have a tie-in movie especially since Magearna appeared in the last XY/XYZ movie and Marshadow got M20, which essentially left them with no options other than do an alternate timeline.

The SM anime's pacing is also going quickly, likely due to the lack of a direct SM movie which means they have to chuck so much into the main series.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
The I Choose You movie made sense as something to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary, but now it's surprising they're continuing on from it for the next movie. I guess they felt I Choose You did well enough that they decided to do a sequel of it rather than an SM movie and they want the movies to be within their own continuity and not canon to the series. Since they've had episodes with the guardians and in Kanto in the anime I guess they don't think there's anything big enough they could do in an SM movie.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Honestly, I'm fine with it. I never was very impressed with the old formula with the exception of the earlier movies anyways. Just please give me something good, that's all I ask. And a 30 second teaser is not nearly enough for me to make a conclusion for this movie in particular :p

Vragon

While I am also a bit curious as to whether it's in an alternate universe or not, I can say that the art style does appear to have a mix of SM ash and some of the older ones. Can't say for sure though, but if it comes out late 2018 I can bet it'll be on any mew mythics introduced.

Also, be real peeps. Thirty seconds of a movie close to over half a year away isn't enough to call quits. If it is like the older formula I hope do a good job with it. If it is a sequel to "I choose you" I won't exactly be ecstatic, but it may be enjoyable and if it's something else then that will be interesting to see. Though yeah it definitely looks like a good hint towards Lugia.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So so so so so glad that this is a continuation of "I Choose You!" I have wanted all 7th Gen movies to follow the same story. I am so happy for this. So very happy. Even glad that it seems like we are getting yet another new character which I love.

I don't understand why people are upset with the design or even saying it looks awful when we have nothing to go on. And the design quality nor the art changed. If it did, it is very very very small change. Honestly, at this point, I just think people are throwing a hissy fit over nothing because a character doesn't look the same as it did..... what 21 years ago now? I mean seriously people? If there is the slightest change in art people will complain.

I am curious why i haven't seen anyone point out that the song at the end is the same one from Pokemon 2000 and Lugia's theme. Possibly confirming Lugia will be one of the main pokemon.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
No one is putting on a hissy fit. If you are gonna make the designs and graphics of the anime and movie awful then the series and film is gonna be unpopular. The new character looks terrible and i doubt they be any good.

I don't need any more footage from this movie to tell how rubbish it is. I Choose You is a disappointment and so will this be in my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
I am curious why i haven't seen anyone point out that the song at the end is the same one from Pokemon 2000 and Lugia's theme. Possibly confirming Lugia will be one of the main pokemon.

I came here just to point this out :D In seems like this will be some kind of retelling of 2nd movie or at least it will be inspired by it.

But to be honest, I would rather see Alola based movie.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I'm guessing the movies will have their own universe from now on. What a pity. Also those eyes look hideous as hell.

Years
I'm guessing the movies will have their own universe from now on. What a pity. Also those eyes look hideous as hell.

It is definitely sad that the movies are now going down an alternate continuity path, especially because we could have had a direct SM tie-in movie, but that's what you get when you use Magearna in the Volcanion movie and Marshadow in M20.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 11, 2017
It looks awesome! Sure the art style is different but it's still Pokemon at its heart, no matter what the art style.

Back