• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
If you want to have the SHIFT battle style, open up your ROM in a hex editor, go to 1D8727 and replace the bytes there with 2B 04 D0 3D 02. This won't change it from SET, but if you don't touch it, it will still function as the SHIFT battle style. If it still functions as SET, as odd as this may sound, go to options and try to change the battle style. Even though it will not move, it will change.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
If you want to have the SHIFT battle style, open up your ROM in a hex editor, go to 1D8727 and replace the bytes there with 2B 04 D0 3D 02. This won't change it from SET, but if you don't touch it, it will still function as the SHIFT battle style. If it still functions as SET, as odd as this may sound, go to options and try to change the battle style. Even though it will not move, it will change.

Thank you very much,that was just what i needed to fully enjoy this hack.works perfectly well btw^^

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
lOAMbOZ.png
ldUCytr.png

Version 0.93 has been uploaded. Changes:
Spoiler:

Regarding Shift mode...
I have been asked by a few people to provide an alternate patch where you are not forced to Set mode. Indeed, I am now considering it.. I might call it super easy mode Game Freak mode. This is what it might entail:
Spoiler:

The difficulty might feel similar to B2W2 challenge mode with the option of Shift mode. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I think it's awesome.

Oh, in the OP, there's nothing in the spoiler for "Specification bosses" or something like that.

And here is a working Growth :

Spoiler:

Credit to Tlatchii (sorry if misspelling x))

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I think it's awesome.

Oh, in the OP, there's nothing in the spoiler for "Specification bosses" or something like that.

And here is a working Growth :

Spoiler:

Credit to Tlatchii (sorry if misspelling x))

I removed a bunch of unnecessary formatting codes. It should show the content inside now.
Note to self: always switch to editor mode.

I shall add that to the next release. Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2016
The hack is nice although it's saturated with repetitive pokemon battles (Because of shortened pokemon availability). What does the shiny charm do? I assume it increases the rate of getting a shiny by 1/3?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
The hack is nice although it's saturated with repetitive pokemon battles (Because of shortened pokemon availability). What does the shiny charm do? I assume it increases the rate of getting a shiny by 1/3?

Thanks. Unfortunately, Kanto is quite saturated with trainers (400+). I'll see what I can do to mitigate the feeling of repetition in the future releases. There's not much I can do about a few trainer classes (Bird Keepers) because I also want the Pokemon to fit them.

I think it is 1/512. I did tinker with the ASM a bit, so the chances might be higher.

Last edited:

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I beat the Elite 4 and Champion a while ago, and I'm going to post some thoughts.

I didn't have much trouble with the Elite 4 otherwise than Lance, but he has 2 very powerful dragons, so it's expected.

By the way, although he does have Dragonairs in Gen 1/Gen 3, the Zweilous and Fraxure seem a bit off in the final Elite 4 member's team. Thing is, Lance has been characterized by having Pokemon that weren't Dragons, outside of rematch battles: He's often seen using Aerodactyl and Gyarados, and has Charizard in his Johto team. I think the not-fully evolved dragons should be replaced with Scrafty or Archeops or something, I dunno. His entire team seems pretty weak to ice, anyways.

The Kanto and Unova Rush seem very fair: 3 Fully trained mons per opponent vs. 6 non trained mons is ok for a challenge. I really am liking it. It's implemented well, and the new items are awesome.

I only found one bug: After losing to Bruno in Kanto Rush, I ended up with a Bag full of ??????? things. I suspect that it was caused by checking for more heals when I had ran out, but whatever. Don't worry, I restarted without saving afterwards, so my items are safe.

This hack is very good. It managed to live up to hype. Maybe not the Yet Another Fire Red hack levels, which is one of my favorite hacks of all time, but it comes really darn close. Nice work.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I beat the Elite 4 and Champion a while ago, and I'm going to post some thoughts.

I didn't have much trouble with the Elite 4 otherwise than Lance, but he has 2 very powerful dragons, so it's expected.

By the way, although he does have Dragonairs in Gen 1/Gen 3, the Zweilous and Fraxure seem a bit off in the final Elite 4 member's team. Thing is, Lance has been characterized by having Pokemon that weren't Dragons, outside of rematch battles: He's often seen using Aerodactyl and Gyarados, and has Charizard in his Johto team. I think the not-fully evolved dragons should be replaced with Scrafty or Archeops or something, I dunno. His entire team seems pretty weak to ice, anyways.

The Kanto and Unova Rush seem very fair: 3 Fully trained mons per opponent vs. 6 non trained mons is ok for a challenge. I really am liking it. It's implemented well, and the new items are awesome.

I only found one bug: After losing to Bruno in Kanto Rush, I ended up with a Bag full of ??????? things. I suspect that it was caused by checking for more heals when I had ran out, but whatever. Don't worry, I restarted without saving afterwards, so my items are safe.

This hack is very good. It managed to live up to hype. Maybe not the Yet Another Fire Red hack levels, which is one of my favorite hacks of all time, but it comes really darn close. Nice work.

I guess he does give a feeling of incongruity with his NFE Dragon-types. I'll consider changing his Pokemon around in the next release. Scrafty and Archeops seem very fitting.

I am glad you like the battle facilities! It was my attempt to have moderately challenging post game battles. I still have some more ideas that I would like to make into full battle facilities. I'll get to that eventually.

Did that only happen once? I can't seem to replicate the issue. It most likely stems from the bag-changing ASM routines I have used. Prior to the challenge, the bag is emptied to prevent the player from using healing items to make it more similar to the battle facilities in the main games. After the player is done with the facility, the items should be restored.

Very pleased to hear that! YAFRH is also one of my favorite Pokemon hacks; hearing that it comes close makes me quite happy.

Thank you very much for all of your feedback. So glad that it managed to live up to expectations. :)

Years
Really exciting hack!!! I hope you will continue with the 2nd quest and add more battle facilities.

I have got two weired thing..

1) Dragon Rush got 40pp
2) Tynamo evolves into Tynamo

However this was my the first greatest Firered hack I played.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have returned! I don't have anything to report this time, since I haven't managed to update the game just yet - my time in the laptop is pretty limited at the moment. I've had a health issue, and had to spend some time in the hospital, and I've been spending a lot of time playing this hack. All I can say is that it's been a lot of fun, and it's been really great to play, and thank you for the effort you put into it. The distraction has been amazing, and it's by far one of the best things to do at the moment.

I'll update to the new version as soon as I can, and I'm crossing my fingers that you'll keep working on it! Unova and Kalos Pokemon are all my favorites, so a game with them all would be amazing. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
It's a really good and wonderful hack but I have only one question ... List of pokemon and where we can found? please I love hydreigon and I want one

Edit:
I found 2 Bugs
First I have a Whimsicott and leech Seed don't recover HP like had to be
Second I Trade a Frillish blue (Male) and on lvl 40 evolve into a Pink Jelllicent D:

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
The gold stars indicate that the particular stat has an IV of 25+. I am considering adding more stars to better indicate good IVs; for now, it's only going to be gold stars.

You wouldn't be interested in showing off how you did that would you? Would LOVE to have that in my game.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I have returned! I don't have anything to report this time, since I haven't managed to update the game just yet - my time in the laptop is pretty limited at the moment. I've had a health issue, and had to spend some time in the hospital, and I've been spending a lot of time playing this hack. All I can say is that it's been a lot of fun, and it's been really great to play, and thank you for the effort you put into it. The distraction has been amazing, and it's by far one of the best things to do at the moment.

I'll update to the new version as soon as I can, and I'm crossing my fingers that you'll keep working on it! Unova and Kalos Pokemon are all my favorites, so a game with them all would be amazing. :)

Sorry to hear that. Very pleased to read that the hack was able to provide a fun distraction. :)

The Kalos Pokemon are mostly done. All that is left is the TM list (of which I've been putting off for a long time...) and, of course, the changed Sevii Islands that will contain them. :)

It's a really good and wonderful hack but I have only one question ... List of pokemon and where we can found? please I love hydreigon and I want one

Edit:
I found 2 Bugs
First I have a Whimsicott and leech Seed don't recover HP like had to be
Second I Trade a Frillish blue (Male) and on lvl 40 evolve into a Pink Jelllicent D:

Thank you. I will look into Leech Seed. The Frillish oddity should be easy to remedy. Expect a fix to this in the next version!

I might have removed Deino from the Safari Zone in the newer versions. If I did, you should be able to find them in Cinnabar Mansion in the newest version. If it helps, you can find Zweilous in Victory Road.

You wouldn't be interested in showing off how you did that would you? Would LOVE to have that in my game.

It is doesntknowhowtoplay's work: http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=15134-FR-Displaying-IVs-on-the-stat-screen
It is really awesome.

Really exciting hack!!! I hope you will continue with the 2nd quest and add more battle facilities.

I have got two weired thing..

1) Dragon Rush got 40pp
2) Tynamo evolves into Tynamo

However this was my the first greatest Firered hack I played.

Thank you. Those oddities shall be fixed in the next version.
Before I begin working on the Sevii Island quest with generation 6 Pokemon, I would like to get some other things done. Another battle facility may be coming up in the next version, along with difficulty modes. :)

Last edited:
Years
Great hack i only have 1 badge but i think it will be a good run.

I just have to say this:
Timburr : Iron fist
*Drain punch
*Poison jab
*Focus energy
*Work up
GG everyone :)

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
main game finished
waiting for the next beta
one word
AWESOME
keep up the good work
you've got a fan in me ^_^

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Great hack, but may I make a recommendation? I think adding the gen 5+ Experience formula would be great. You know, lower level pokemon getting more exp for beating higher levelled pokemon, etc? Just a suggestion. Great work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Finally beat the elite 4
I wait for complete room

Greatest hack ever for me

How change the form of Landorus,Thundurus?
Where is the item?

2uejnsl.png

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Version 0.94 is now up! Details:
Spoiler:

Now I shall go back to playing the hack I have been most looking forward to this year. ^^

Finally beat the elite 4
I wait for complete room

Greatest hack ever for me

How change the form of Landorus,Thundurus?
Where is the item?

main game finished
waiting for the next beta
one word
AWESOME
keep up the good work
you've got a fan in me
10.%20giggle.gif

Thank you! And thanks for uploading your hall of fames. It's really cool seeing the teams of people who have completed the game. :)

An elderly woman will give you the Reveal Glass in Route 23's trainer house. I should have added this to the notes section earlier.

Great hack, but may I make a recommendation? I think adding the gen 5+ Experience formula would be great. You know, lower level pokemon getting more exp for beating higher levelled pokemon, etc? Just a suggestion. Great work!

Thank you. If that becomes available to the public, I will most certainly add it to this hack. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be. :(

Great hack i only have 1 badge but i think it will be a good run.

I just have to say this:
Timburr : Iron fist
*Drain punch
*Poison jab
*Focus energy
*Work up
GG everyone :)

Thank you! Might have some trouble with the Venipede line. :P

Back