• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Then again, now that I think about it, Horsea would've worked out as a Water/Fire type right? I mean, it is based on a pistol, and smokescreen is sort of an iconic move for it. You know the saying "when there's smoke, there's fire." Same case for Remoraid.

Also, I just thought of a cool concept for the pesuedo legendaries, based on the "Furinkazan", with 4 legendaries instead of 3.

Ones based on the 4 chinese symbols would be pretty great as well. Only reason I see these not working is because of the European setting, though that makes Beelzebub all the more likely.

Years
Ones based on the 4 chinese symbols would be pretty great as well. Only reason I see these not working is because of the European setting, though that makes Beelzebub all the more likely.
We did get Landorus and company in a New York setting though. So it wouldn't be totally impossible.

blue

gucci
Years
Here's something to speculate about;
hF5C9BE13

The way I see it, that symbol is just a generic symbol for a Gym from Generation V onwards. I can't see Unova making another appearance after having two consecutive cameos in the previous Generation. Also if this region is supposedly based in France, unless you fly over to Unova I can't see it working with a European based region.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Here's something to speculate about;
hF5C9BE13

The way I see it, that symbol is just a generic symbol for a Gym from Generation V onwards. I can't see Unova making another appearance after having two consecutive cameos in the previous Generation. Also if this region is supposedly based in France, unless you fly over to Unova I can't see it working with a European based region.

I agree, it appears that it is just the generic gym symbol now. I'd be super surprised if you could travel back to Unova.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't think it's very likely, but yeah, they could always pull a GSC.

Iffff I could just make a mini question, what do you think will be the hardest challenge for you when you'll play these games?

I mean, I always trip up whenever I battle new pokemon. D=

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do like the theory that Unova appears post-E4 in Generation VI. It would be identical to Generation II G/S/C in style and keeping things going as if it was a new series again. It would be a great way to lead into a R/S/E series of remakes, since those originals came right after G/S/C.

Cyclone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't think it's very likely, but yeah, they could always pull a GSC.

Iffff I could just make a mini question, what do you think will be the hardest challenge for you when you'll play these games?

I mean, I always trip up whenever I battle new pokemon. D=

It'll probably be any gameplay changes they make. I'll probably forget and do things like previous generations.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think how the game looks will be the hardest thing to adjust to. I'm an aesthetic person, and I don't adapt to changes very well, so it might take a while for me to get used to the new graphic style, as well as any major gameplay changes that could be implemented.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If they change the four direction walking to the circle pad, that'll take getting used to as well.
I've got news for you...most 3DS games do that. Frankly, I like having both pads useable; it helps my Audino hunting, if you think about it, by being able to push on both pads in opposite directions and being able to manipulate the circle pad go in such a way that one goes back and forth without stopping.

If they disable the normal control pad from this function, I will be VERY disappointed.

Cyclone

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Giving free control would make it much more difficult on the hands of the developers. A tile-based movement system allows them to control under what circumstances you'll be challenged to battle by a trainer, with free control you'd get situations like, "HE BARELY EVEN SAW ME!" which would make avoiding them next to impossible.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hope it keeps grid based movement. I don't like the sound the circle pad makes. I know that sounds weird but I just don't. XD Especially when you're running back and forth. But idk, Pokemon works so well grid based. I can't imagine being able to run all over the place in any direction I wanna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back