• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

GTV

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
i hope this tread is still open cause i gotta ask where is houndour?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2014
Hi, new to the forum and hack pokemon roms.
Started with Dark Rising and like it just got small problem with colors in open world. It changes quite regulary from very dark to blue and red. So if anyone understands me or got some info about it, thank you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
Sorry if it's already been posted but how do I get PC services back online? I just beat Adrian.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
I'm stuck in Millennium city and can't get into the gym or the Spirit tower because it is locked.. what do I do?

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
Hardest Pokemon game I have everplayed. Try playing a Nuzlocke. You will lose at a nuzlocke.

Chazzasaurus

Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back
Years
New to this hack. Does anyone know if pokemon that evolve with trad evolve at levels instead or how does it work?

Chazzasaurus

Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back
Years
Hi, new to the forum and hack pokemon roms.
Started with Dark Rising and like it just got small problem with colors in open world. It changes quite regulary from very dark to blue and red. So if anyone understands me or got some info about it, thank you.

I think that's just suppose to show that the time of day is changing.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
i had gotten to the dark rising hq after defeating the two people coming out of the cave with the twilight zone, and i accidentally flew away and saved without knowing how to get back. does anyone know how?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
My DarkRising Rom crashed after I defeated Kayo on Thunder Mountain is there a way to fix it and keep my progress?

Years
Um, I think that the new Pokemons that are added is in the Wild Pokemon List. Just download it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
-_-' *sigh* It seems that the download on here is not the complete version of this game, or its me being an idiot and not knowing whats wrong that I did. I made it to Iceland City and the game started acting weird. As in my game started crashing and freezing more often. I beat Kayo in the cave and then received my TM for Fly, walked out of the cave and made it halfway through the area after the cave with Kayo instantly game freezes. No way to get out of it but using the emulators "Reset" button. (I'm using VisualBoy Advance.) So I reset it and it lets me passed the area where it froze before. Then I continued on to find Pete (The second encounter) and I fought him and won. Then walked to the left of him where the hole in the fence was. The first hole was open, but the second hole wasn't. All the rest of the holes after that where open along with the building being there. Well I decided to see if it was just something you didn't happen to fix so I decided to use the cheat so I could walk through walls, and the building behind all of the fences didn't let me walk through it. Therefore the game had ended. I'd very much appreciate it if someone could help me with this matter, and or try to fix it. Cause of all the work, and suffering of not saving then crashing, I personally don't believe that this is a befitting end.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif](The majority of this post is meant for the Dark Rising 2 thread. However, since it contains a change in the entire Dark Rising series, I will post it here as well.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hey Everyone. There's a lot to say so let's get down to it! Before I begin, I would like to thank Yuuki_Asura & Lady Prixy for taking charge of the thread and helping people who needed assistance while I was away from the community. I haven't checked my inbox & I only read the last 3 pages of the thread, so I apologize to anyone who may have tried to contact me & never got a response.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With that out the way, time to reveal all the news:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Pokemon Dark Rising 2 IS finished. It's been completed for about a week now. However, the final release will be September 1[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]st[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]. Major errors in the current downloadable version have been fixed in the final version. These include; [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*The assistant who gives you the Pokedex will no longer disappear after defeating Cyrus. So you can go back & get your pokedex whenever you want if you forgot it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*The rival battle at the sealed dungeon is now 100% fixed for all players thanks to Fitzhogan11 from Youtube. He no longer has Shadow Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. He has 2 new Pokemon.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*The wild Pokemon in the Fight Dome will now appear.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I'm officially done with Rom Hacking once I finish my full play through of Dark Rising 2. The reason why I'm not releasing it yet is because I want to test for any major bugs & glitches before I do. Once I'm done with that, the Dark Rising Series will now be owned by the person who is creating Dark Rising 3. I'll still be writing the story for DR3, but everything else will be under the control of the person who I'm giving ownership too.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The final release of Dark Rising 2 (As well as Dark Rising 3) Will Not be available on Pokecommunity or anywhere else (Unless they upload it without my permission. It Will still be uploaded to CoolRom.com & Vizzed.com however if they choose to post it there). With the entire series being under new ownership, the person and I have decided to create a website specifically for Dark Rising. The website is still in its early stages & will have an official domain change the same month as the full version of DR2 is released (September). For now, this website is called PokemonDarkRisingHQ.Weebly.com (The official domain for the website will be simply PokemonDarkRisingHQ.com in September)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dark Rising 3 is a Rom Hack and not a Game for Game Development as originally intended. This is due to a huge error that occurred while progress was near the 3[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]rd[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] badge. The sudden influence of Playing Roms on phones also pushed this decision forward so more people can have access to it once it's available. The person in charge of development for Dark Rising 3 is much superior in the field of Rom Hacking than I ever was. This and the fact that this person has been with me since the beginning (But never helped on any of the hacks until now) is the reason why I can confidently say Dark Rising 3 will be the best hack in the series. So don't worry guys, you won't have to complain about "Omg this map is so empty!" "Omg this sprite is terrible!" "Omg so many bugs & glitches" etc.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Another thing some may be wondering with this decision is; "Why can't you just post it here on the community?" Well, that decision was not mine. The person now in charge of the series is not a fan of creating an account to forums & posting consistently to respond to others & I will no longer be participating on the thread or anything Rom hacking related anymore (Except the story for DR3) so I won't be around to assist people with the new release. Therefore, the conclusion of the Dark Rising series will not be posted here. It will posted exclusively on the Dark Rising website. Any & everyone who participated in the creation of Dark Rising 1 & Dark Rising 2 will still receive credit for the hacks on the website, just like they did here at Pokecommunity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Finally, I would like to thank EVERYONE who ever assisted me in create this popular series. I'm probably one of the worse hackers on the community lol, but thanks to the help I had from members here and the hack tool creators, I had fun doing this regardless. It was a great experience & I'm glad there are thousands of people all around the world who enjoyed what I created so much. If you're excited to play the ending of Dark Rising 2, you won't have to wait long. As I said, it will be released September 1[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]st[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] on the official Dark Rising Website; PokemonDarkRisingHQ.Weebly.com (PokemonDarkRisingHQ.com in September)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hope To See You There. Thanks Everyone ^.^[/FONT]

Back