• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What has been the biggest videogame disappointment of 2017?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
No Dragon Age 4 >:(

Years
I would say Dawn of war 3 it had many trailer and gameplay showing how good the game was But when it was released many fans were disappointed including myself.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Between Scalebound being killed, ME:A, and Destiny 2's PC release a month and a half later, it's a hard one...

I'm sure with more time I could think of a million other things as well

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
The Xbox onex is the biggest disappointment for me...

That console is going to kill console gaming... Microsoft already has plans on making Xbox 2 next year...

Consoles are not cellphones in which you shill out money for a minor hardware upgrade every other year.

Microsoft was wrong with pushing the Kinect with Xbone and they're wrong artificially killing off console generations with The Xbox one x... Since the Microsoft doesn't really have a lot of worthwhile exclusive games, their trying to be more powerful than the competition.

They're not going to get great japanese games like Persona's, Neirs, Yakuza's, Ni no Kuni's or Nioh's because the xbox has no good will in Japan. They Don't even have a game like Horizon Zero dawn that actually rivals The legend of Zelda Breath of the wild. The XboneX is only going to drive more japanese gamers away from purchasing the console.

In the end of the day I don't know who the thing is for. If your rich enough to own a 4k television... you should also be rich enough to build a PC with true 4k graphics (Not the XboneX's fake 4k) and a $50 steam link that let's you play your PC games on your TV.

Xbox is digging its own grave... and they don't even know it...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Playstation 5 announcement. And that my friends felt like the last straw.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
Years
The Xbox onex is the biggest disappointment for me...

That console is going to kill console gaming... Microsoft already has plans on making Xbox 2 next year...

Consoles are not cellphones in which you shill out money for a minor hardware upgrade every other year.

Microsoft was wrong with pushing the Kinect with Xbone and they're wrong artificially killing off console generations with The Xbox one x... Since the Microsoft doesn't really have a lot of worthwhile exclusive games, their trying to be more powerful than the competition.

They're not going to get great japanese games like Persona's, Neirs, Yakuza's, Ni no Kuni's or Nioh's because the xbox has no good will in Japan. They Don't even have a game like Horizon Zero dawn that actually rivals The legend of Zelda Breath of the wild. The XboneX is only going to drive more japanese gamers away from purchasing the console.

In the end of the day I don't know who the thing is for. If your rich enough to own a 4k television... you should also be rich enough to build a PC with true 4k graphics (Not the XboneX's fake 4k) and a $50 steam link that let's you play your PC games on your TV.

Xbox is digging its own grave... and they don't even know it...
That's disgusting.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
No Halo 6 announcement. Doesn't seem like it's going to be announced at all this year, actually.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I know I also said this was the best thing in the other thread, but it's honestly a little mixed (to be clear, I still love it more than I hate it) - while I love the Switch I am a little disappointed with the selection of games currently available on it. I realize it's still a pretty new console, but I couldn't help being like "oh, that's it?" when I looked through the store. Even the upcoming games don't really excite me that much, but the good news is BotW alone is really worth it imo, but I am still really hoping they will announce and bring more exciting new games to the Switch. I think it's such a great console, and the current selection of games, save for a few, just don't really match up to it imo.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I know I also said this was the best thing in the other thread, but it's honestly a little mixed (to be clear, I still love it more than I hate it) - while I love the Switch I am a little disappointed with the selection of games currently available on it. I realize it's still a pretty new console, but I couldn't help being like "oh, that's it?" when I looked through the store. Even the upcoming games don't really excite me that much, but the good news is BotW alone is really worth it imo, but I am still really hoping they will announce and bring more exciting new games to the Switch. I think it's such a great console, and the current selection of games, save for a few, just don't really match up to it imo.

I'm not that surprised :P The Wii U had a pitiful launch lineup as well. Generally, the first year of new consoles are poor in comparison, so I wouldn't think anything of it. Nintendo could just be being Nintendo with not a lot of third party support, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also there's this if it helps, which is honestly pretty good first party wise in comparison to other consoles. They just need third party support:

mLViOUD.jpg

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Can I say the Nintendo Switch? Nintendo didn't meet the demand for them, and here we are with Splatoon 2 being released, I can't even get my hands on a damn Switch because it's always sold out :(((

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
^ Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how difficult it's been to get your hands on a Switch. I got mine as a belated birthday gift but I know it took my brother weeks to hunt one down. I had been trying myself too, with no luck, but he had an "inside man" at Walmart to get one for him, and it's kind of absurd that that is what it takes to get a Switch even months after launch, lol.
I'm not that surprised :P The Wii U had a pitiful launch lineup as well. Generally, the first year of new consoles are poor in comparison, so I wouldn't think anything of it. Nintendo could just be being Nintendo with not a lot of third party support, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also there's this if it helps, which is honestly pretty good first party wise in comparison to other consoles. They just need third party support:

mLViOUD.jpg
I didn't follow the Wii U too closely and was not interested, but I do remember similar complaints with it - it's a shame because I really don't think Nintendo makes bad consoles, they just have such weak games on them and they definitely lack 3rd party support. That said, we do see games like Skyrim and one Telltale Game on it, so hopefully that means there's some change there.

On that topic, I didn't quite understand why they only ported Minecraft: Story Mode. If they were able to get that on the Switch, should it not be a problem to get the better Telltale Games on the console too? And if ratings are considered, their inclusion of Skyrim should mean they don't have any reservations about putting 'non-kid friendly' games on their consoles anymore, so I dunno.

Back