• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] AdvanceMap Custom Tileset Insertion Wrong Format Error

Chachii

Spaghetti Vendor
Years
I'm currently using AdvanceMap v1.95 and I've been getting an error when inserting my tileset via Picture > Load Tileset 1/2.

I have been editing the tileset in Pyxel Edit as my preferred program for pixelling (I also have Aseprite, if the program itself has anything to do with this), and I've tried importing via bitmap and png, both converted through TileHelper and I still get the error saying it's the wrong format.

I've saved and reinserted default tilesets fine, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Important details?:

EDIT: Apparently I've somewhat figured out that the image size is significantly smaller. It also needs to be 24bpp, and the one I exported from AdvanceMap is 121KB and can't be opened in Photoshop. The one I want to import is only 3-5KB max even at 24bpp.

Tileset sizes are:
128 x 192 (size of Tileset 2).
128 x 256 (what the tutorial told me).
128 x 320 (size of Tileset 1).

I'm currently using a Fire Red ROM with an Extended Pokedex and Day/Night cycle. I'm using Leon and Ultima's ROM Base 2.0.
The map I'm currently trying to edit is Pallet Town 4.01 (where you start the game in your house).
I changed the block tile limit from 24 to 240.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'm currently using AdvanceMap v1.95 and I've been getting an error when inserting my tileset via Picture > Load Tileset 1/2.

I have been editing the tileset in Pyxel Edit as my preferred program for pixelling (I also have Aseprite, if the program itself has anything to do with this), and I've tried importing via bitmap and png, both converted through TileHelper and I still get the error saying it's the wrong format.

I've saved and reinserted default tilesets fine, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Important details?:

Tileset sizes are:
128 x 192 (size of Tileset 2).
128 x 256 (what the tutorial told me).
128 x 320 (size of Tileset 1).

I'm currently using a Fire Red ROM with an Extended Pokedex and Day/Night cycle. I'm using Leon and Ultima's ROM Base 2.0.
The map I'm currently trying to edit is Pallet Town 4.01 (where you start the game in your house).
I changed the block tile limit from 24 to 240.

The sizes of the tileset are different for Emerald/Ruby and Fire Red. The tutorial you're using is probably specialized for Emerald, since then the 2nd tileset size is 128x256. When importing a tileset in Fire Red the size should be the sizes you mention, so 128x320 for tileset 1 and 128x192 for tileset 2;)

Chachii

Spaghetti Vendor
Years
The sizes of the tileset are different for Emerald/Ruby and Fire Red. The tutorial you're using is probably specialized for Emerald, since then the 2nd tileset size is 128x256. When importing a tileset in Fire Red the size should be the sizes you mention, so 128x320 for tileset 1 and 128x192 for tileset 2;)

True, but I've tired the 320 and 192 for their respected tileset, and they still don't work. I do have the background color and such like I should too.

Back