• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think dedicated leads matter anymore?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
A dedicated lead is essentially a Pokemon that is geared towards being your lead most, if not all, of the time. With the advent of team preview, dedicated leads such as suicide leads are no longer common. (The most common form of suicide lead was a fast Pokemon with an entry hazard move, Focus Sash, and maybe Taunt. The idea was to guarantee the set-up of entry hazards while attempting to prevent your opponent from doing so.)

Do you think they are a waste of space on a team? Do you have any ideas on what they could be used for, if they're worth a team slot?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
They are a waste imo. Using all 6 of your pokemon is basically required (and I always found leads weird in the first place). Team preview didn't help the idea of leads any either.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
They do seem like a waste of space in your team.
My lead Pokemon for competitive battles does badly poison and seed the opposing Pokemon, though.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I feel there is no need for a dedicated lead now, just supports that carry SR. You could use Mew to setup SR and checks threats/BP boosts to other members or have it serve as a Wish passer. Team Preview has basically killed that, admittedly I've been trying a dedicated lead right now and it's working quite nicely.

Back