• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which starter are you choosing in Crystal?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just chose Totodile! What about you guys? :)

takyon

Villain
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
I usually choose Chikorita because its the only hard mode in the game but honestly Totodile is always the way to go

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I will be choosing Totodile, as I did Chikorita in the Virtual Console release of Gold.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Chikorita because I only hear bad things about it, but I've never tried using it for myself.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
trying to decide between totodile and cyndaquil

hell, I don't even have any idea on what I want to use in my party lol

Edit: ok, went with Cyndaquil

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I've chosen Cyndaquil since I generally prefer to use fire type starters in every Pokémon game (apart from Gen 5)

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
I went in fully planning to go with Chikorita, as design wise, it's my favorite of the Johto starters, but instead I ended up grabbing Totodile, who was the first Johto starter I ever used.
Have no idea for the rest of my team, except that I want to use a Donphan.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Although Chikorita is my least favourite in terms of battling, but it's tied for 2nd w/ Cyndaquil in terms of favourite. I'm primarily a Totodile fan (if you couldn't tell from my pfp) I used Totodile in Silver, Cyndaquil in Gold, leaving Chikorita for Crystal. Turns out, there's a lot of Poliwags at night in the early routes in Crystal, Chikorita's not a bad choice imo.

Back