• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Favourite Genre

Years
What is your preferred manga/anime genre? Why do you like it so much? What are some examples of the best this genre has to offer?

Years
As predictable and popular of an opinion as this is, I love series tagged with adventure! Made in Abyss, FMA Brotherhood, Mushishi, and of course HxH (2011) come to mind as some of the most standout. Mushishi in particular is such an underrated series here in the west and is a lot more well-known in Japan... I do wish more people would consider watching it. It's very powerful and some of these mini-stories will tug at your emotions. Beautifully written.

...and idol/music series =p I'm biased ok. also your lie in april was 100000/10

Years
We'll use the Japanese term for it: Iyashikei. Basically translates to "healing show". It's got a soothing pace that is low in conflict which is perfect for unwinding for me, as I like to be mellow in my down time. Some of my favorite examples in this genre that I've personally seen/read are K-On!, Flying Witch, Barakamon, Konohana Kitan, Non Non Biyori, and Yotsuba&!. Nearly every anime and manga I've touched in this genre resonates with me to a level that makes it instantly among my favorites. There's just something I like but can't describe about shows about ordinary life.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Mahou shoujo, music and fantasy. These are p much my fave genres, and always will be. I also like a good moe anime, which I guess is slice of life, but that's not my fave genre by any means.

Years
My favourite anime tend to be thrillers and dramas. I really love the emotional intensity that comes with those genres when they are well executed.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I'm really picky when it comes to anime and my favorite are Drama and Magical Girl. Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Princess Tutu are magical girl drama which are good examples of the kind of genre I like.

Years
I like slice of life and comedy. Anime and manga that take place in a familiar setting are a fresh breath of air after seeing many that take place in outer space and fantasy worlds.

Years
I'm open to almost any type of anime, but the ones that I get most excited about are animes that go literary and historical with beautiful costumes and lots of drama. My favorite anime is Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. Another favorite of mine is the Rose of Versailles. So far I have enjoyed what I have seen of Les Miserable: Shoujo Cosette, and need to get back into watching that. Currently I'm reading the manga Requiem for the Rose King.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Seinen generally appeals to me.

Imagine that, being in its target demographic.

Looked that up :P

....any of it have ladies that look like Korrina? Just wonderin'. Yeah, please don't judge me.....>_<;;;; o.o i'm just fangirling over an anime character *shrug* its harmless, ya know??

Last edited:
Years
I'd have to say that my absolute favourite genre is drama. I consider myself to be a very emotional person and I love anime that has depth and meaning. Violet Evergarden is my current favorite, while it's rather slow paced, every single episode has such purpose, and has never failed to make me weep. Violet's character development is tremendous and to witness her growth as an individual is absolutely heartwarming. The underlying message of love, mourning, and emotional recovery throughout the story is so powerful. Your Lie in April is another favourite in this particular genre.

Fantasy anime is another genre I enjoy, InyuYasha, in particular.

Post-Apocalyptic anime is another genre I surprisingly like, as Attack On Titan is one of my all-time favourites.

Here's a list of other anime that I love (that I'm not quite sure what genre they fit into): Children of the Whales, Vampire Knight, Red Data Girl, etc.

Last edited:
Back