• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ? The PokéPositivity Club ?

Years
I was originally set to dislike the fairy type
My favorite Pokemon type is dragon, so it seemed natural that we should be enemies. They actually invented a type just to kill poor dragons? How cruel! We already had trouble with ice.

I also did not fully understand the logic of the type effectiveness. Why should something as delicate as a fairy resist a strong fighting move? Why is it immune to another powerful, magical creature like a dragon? Even the resistance to dark type is questionable because even an innocent being can be corrupted.

Saying all that though, while I had my reservations once I got to actually meet several fairy type Pokemon like Mimikyu, Primarina, Tapu Fini, Florges, Xerneas, I found that I liked all of these indivual Pokemon. Fairies often have some of the best, most imaginative designs. They can be beautiful and spiritual in appearance with elaborate designs and lovely use of color. They really bring an extra dose of magic into the Pokemon world. I also liked Valerie, the first fairy type gym leader and came to associate this Pokemon type with beauty, without and within. Generally fairy type Pokemon are good Pokemon, quite tanky. There is much to like about them.

What clenched it for me though was Togekiss, he was my favorite Pokemon from the Sinnoh region. And now he was a fairy! At that point I said if you can't beat em then join em!

I don't think any of these Pokemon count per say as unloved Pokemon, these are strong, popular and respected pokemon, but I wanted to spread the positivity and acknowledge that sometimes what you least expect can be boon. While dragon is still my favorite, and then dark, fairy is still up there. I would put in my top 5 Perhaps.

Years
This is a video series by TrueGreen7 celebrating Pokemon who are forgotten or unpopular. Maybe one of your favorites appears here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLqloH8bDHA

Its very well-researched. I only question whether or not Aegislash should appear on here, because I always thought of him as a well-respected Pokemon, and certainly very powerful. While Pokemon based or organic creatures are typically more popular, there are several Pokemon with inspiration that are more abstract and inspired in part by objects such as Chandelure and Starmie that I think are well-liked, I had fancied Aegislash WS such a Pokemon. I know a lot of people who like it, even without considering its competitive prowess, myself included. It is one of my grail shinies. But it was still really cool to learn lots of new information about it courtesy of this video. One interesting detail I would have included that I don't believe was mentioned here is that according to the pokedex the honedge line came into being when the soul of departed warriors I habbit their swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PI4KRp_-vc

Here is the second video in the series. There may be more. I am happy to see a nod to grumpig here. Spoink is one of my all-time fav Hoenn pokemon, and when mine evolved into Grumpig I was not disappointed. I think it is still adorable.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
This is a video series by TrueGreen7 celebrating Pokemon who are forgotten or unpopular. Maybe one of your favorites appears here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLqloH8bDHA

Its very well-researched. I only question whether or not Aegislash should appear on here, because I always thought of him as a well-respected Pokemon, and certainly very powerful. While Pokemon based or organic creatures are typically more popular, there are several Pokemon with inspiration that are more abstract and inspired in part by objects such as Chandelure and Starmie that I think are well-liked, I had fancied Aegislash WS such a Pokemon. I know a lot of people who like it, even without considering its competitive prowess, myself included. It is one of my grail shinies. But it was still really cool to learn lots of new information about it courtesy of this video. One interesting detail I would have included that I don't believe was mentioned here is that according to the pokedex the honedge line came into being when the soul of departed warriors I habbit their swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PI4KRp_-vc

Here is the second video in the series. There may be more. I am happy to see a nod to grumpig here. Spoink is one of my all-time fav Hoenn pokemon, and when mine evolved into Grumpig I was not disappointed. I think it is still adorable.

Aegislash is very popular especially since its a top tier pokemon in competitive play, don't understand why it's on that guy's list.

Years
Would it be possible to talk about Raichu in this club?

I don't think anybody hates Raichu its just that the series mascot Pikachu will always be promoted at Raichu's expense. Even though I like Pikachu I actually think that the evolution is even cuter than both of his adorable prodecessors with those gigantic feet, the endless tail and floppy ears. I have a wonderful plushie of him on my bed.

Also even after all of the treasures that have been showered on Pikachu over the decades from special event Pikachus to signature Z moves to the light ball... I would still probably rather use Raichu. Since Raichu is still the much faster pokemon and free to hold any item so I think he's a tad more versatile and there's a little less risk.

If Raichu had received even a third of the tools Pikachu was given then he would O.P...

Though Raichu is almost never shown in the series I still really enjoy the episodes that he has been apart of like the frightened Raichu in the Orange Island episode Stage Fight, and of course the infamous Electric Shock Showdown from the first season. Its just really too bad this little one doesn't have a PR agent.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Username: Pemderp
Good boy: Heatmor

Heatmor is a well designed ant eater Pokémon that deserves more attention. It has a gorgeous black shiny and an awesome signature move. If it didn't appear so late in Black/White I think Heatmor would get more love.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Sorry for not being on here. Can I rejoin?

Good boy: Maractus

Maractus is a cute cactus Pok?mon with decent enough stats for an in game team and a nice sense of rarity. If you?re looking for a different grass type in Unova, Maractus is a good choice.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Dunsparce

Best Mon, could be mascot of the series in all honesty. it's more than a meme tier mon.

Also I enjoy Maractus as well. More than Cacturne. And I knew someone who commited suicide a while back who liked it as well. So I suppose there is some sentiment in there as well.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
We should talk about unpopular characters from the anime in this club too.

Iris and Lyra didn't go so well with the fans, from what i remember. Iris I duno if i really liked her or not but Lyra is awesome, and I love that she was a pearlshipper <3

Last edited:
Years
I came here to leave an offering for Flareon. He's possibly the least popular of the eevelutions, but I always thought he was one of the cutest design-wise. When I first played pokemon Yellow I beat down the door of Celadon City department store and grabbed that fire stone to see eevee evolve into a Flareon. I love the episode the Battling Eevee Brothers.

If it is okay to talk about the human characters, I will add that I actually liked Lyra too. Its a beautiful name and she's I think very cute with oversized white hat-- I'd buy that in a store.

Sure, I miss Kris. She was really an exciting edition to the world of Pokemon for girl players. She was great, and replacing her was very controversial, especially when Gold wasn't replaced. But I say Lyra still deserved a chance.

I think the 4th gen also marked a shift in the way the female player was portrayed. Dawn and Lyra are very feminized, innocent-looking anime girls whereas as I would say Kris and May were a bit more tomboyish. I really am okay with portraying a heroine either way though.

As for Iris, I've always loved her frankly! She has a fantastic battle theme. I also identify with her a lot because we share a love of dragon pokemon. I have always liked her father/daughter-like relationship with Drayden and she is ridiculously cute with the gianormous pigtails. i don't really get why people hate her, especially if you like Misty. Anime-wise I liked that they interjected more comedy with this gal pal, walking it back to the more fiery female traveling companion.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I agree that Flareon has a great design. It's sleek and has very complementing colors. Thankfully it got some great moves recently to take advantage of it's solid attack stat.

Reactions: noa

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Username: Catnip~ But it's gonna be changed to Desert Stream~ soon.
Good Boi: (picture of pokémon and/or a brief description of why you think they deserve more love)
imgres

Lumineon
Idk if it really gets hated, but it's forgettable to a lot of people. I think it has a really cool design personally

Years
Torkoal is a Pokemon that a lot of people forget exists.

I first grabbed him in Emerald because I had no fire Pokemon-- I got Treecko as my starter. So as I walking down the fiery path it was either Torkoal or Numel. I thought he looked derpy, but you can't judge a book by its covered because he became a good friend and loyal team member.

We went through good and zany times together. I swept Wally's entire team with just Torkoal, and he went into the hall of fame. I tested Torkoal again in a fire monotype I did in Pokemon Y earlier this year, and he performed even better. He was good against the final ice gym leader and walled most of Malva's own fire pokemon when I was facing the E4 and annihilated Wikstrom. He even got in some good blows against Diantha. I don't know exactly why he works so well for me, but he does. I run him as a pretty straightforward mixed attacker. But I like this fella.

My first Torkoal was called Amber Eye and the second was Yurtle. They both deserve the ribbons they are decorated in

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Torkoal is a Pokemon that a lot of people forget exists.

I first grabbed him in Emerald because I had no fire Pokemon-- I got Treecko as my starter. So as I walking down the fiery path it was either Torkoal or Numel. I thought he looked derpy, but you can't judge a book by its covered because he became a good friend and loyal team member.

We went through good and zany times together. I swept Wally's entire team with just Torkoal, and he went into the hall of fame. I tested Torkoal again in a fire monotype I did in Pokemon Y earlier this year, and he performed even better. He was good against the final ice gym leader and walled most of Malva's own fire pokemon when I was facing the E4 and annihilated Wikstrom. He even got in some good blows against Diantha. I don't know exactly why he works so well for me, but he does. I run him as a pretty straightforward mixed attacker. But I like this fella.

My first Torkoal was called Amber Eye and the second was Yurtle. They both deserve the ribbons they are decorated in

The fact Torkoal doesn't get enough attention is sad. It's such a well designed, bulky fire type.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
596d4167bacc526ba4d9779dc0e5a47586efc88f_00.gif

Smeargle, overlooked and only used primarily as a breeding slave, HM slave, money slave and shiny hunter slave. Screw all of that.

Low stats but infinite movepool.

It can use your favorite pokemon's signature move.

Dark Void GG

OHKO moves GG

Baton pass GG

FEAR GG

AG Smeargle GG

The reason GameFreak doesn't introduce awesome new ultra powerful regular moves is because they want to keep the beagle in check. They try to limit smeargle's potential even though his low stats already keep him in a strong check and I swear if they give it an evo or hand Sketch over to another mon...

Can't wait though in a few generations when they slip up and introduce some megazord or hax move and Smeargle becomes OU or uber not as a support role.

Last edited:
Years
I like Smeargle too! The reason I don't use them more is because there are so many possibilities that I genuinely get struck with indecision. This is the coolest, most imaginative idea ever for a Pokemon. Seeing Smeargle though is a huge deal. I'm always going to want it. I name every Smeargle after a famous artist I.e Rembrandt, Picasso, Botticelli.

Pimpnite is a competitive battler who uses Smeargle a lot. He likes lower tier Pokemon and nfes sorta like the real Ash Ketchum. He's a fun fella. Check out this vid with his Smeargle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyn66VawOZc

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I like Smeargle too! The reason I don't use them more is because there are so many possibilities that I genuinely get struck with indecision. This is the coolest, most imaginative idea ever for a Pokemon. Seeing Smeargle though is a huge deal. I'm always going to want it. I name every Smeargle after a famous artist I.e Rembrandt, Picasso, Botticelli.

Pimpnite is a competitive battler who uses Smeargle a lot. He likes lower tier Pokemon and nfes sorta like the real Ash Ketchum. He's a fun fella. Check out this vid with his Smeargle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyn66VawOZc

Belly drum Smeargle would likely need a lot of luck to work. But yeah I like players that try to use unique stuff, unlike the generic OU mons you see a million times. Strict smogon users would disagree though.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I also got decently up the AG ladder with a six smeargle team. Unrestricted battles are the best!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Smeargle's an interesting Pokemon. Shame it hasn't gotten an evolution or a buff.

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I apologize for my inactivity but I have returned to spread Good Vibes through the Pokémon fandom once more! I have been watching the posts when I can and it warms my heart to see that a small amount of community was able to manifest itself around good-faith discussion of lesser-acknowledged mons. You are all wonderful and I hope we can continue this now that I have more free time to run the thread <3

Last edited:
Back