• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Dreary [100% Complete, 1/28/2019] (v1.4, 3/26/2019)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
You have no idea how regularly I've been revisiting this thread to check on this hack! Thank you so much for all the work you've put in. I did play a bit if the beta and loved it to bits but kept it aside so I can start from scratch when the full version was released. I hope this is not going to be your only project! Thank you so much again! Already a fan.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
You have no idea how regularly I've been revisiting this thread to check on this hack! Thank you so much for all the work you've put in. I did play a bit if the beta and loved it to bits but kept it aside so I can start from scratch when the full version was released. I hope this is not going to be your only project! Thank you so much again! Already a fan.

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy playing it. If it sucks, let me know xD

Avara said:
Hiya, congratulations on completing your ROM hack! <3

Thanks for the thread transfer, Avara!

Mimikyute said:
is this only one or two ending possible?

There is only one ending. But yeah, totally reasonable to assume there are two based on what happens.

Quantaris said:
Congrats on completing your hack Anthroyd!

Thanks!

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Bumping to note that v1.1 was released. It fixes a glitch which blocks the player from passing the guards in Viridan City, after the battle with May.
*** If you are unable to pass the guards: after patching with v1.1, talk to the fat NPC just above the guards in Viridian City, then try passing them again. ***

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
What do you do when you get teleported to route 10 and go through the power plant? because every time I talk to Darkrai, the screen goes black and I've got to reload my save, or use a walk through walls code to get back to the indigo plateau, what do I have to do to stop that from happening?

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
What do you do when you get teleported to route 10 and go through the power plant? because every time I talk to Darkrai, the screen goes black and I've got to reload my save, or use a walk through walls code to get back to the indigo plateau, what do I have to do to stop that from happening?

After talking to Darkrai, your screen should go black for about 5 seconds, then show a cutscene in the Indigo Plateau building. If you wait for a while and no cutscene happens, then there may be a problem with the patch or your .sav file.

If you send me your .sav file, I will poke around and try to solve the issue. Thanks for the report.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
After talking to Darkrai, your screen should go black for about 5 seconds, then show a cutscene in the Indigo Plateau building. If you wait for a while and no cutscene happens, then there may be a problem with the patch or your .sav file.

If you send me your .sav file, I will poke around and try to solve the issue. Thanks for the report.

How will I do that? Email or what?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
[Spoiler Alert]

Hey, so I finally met May and we arrived at the route which leads to Viridian city. I went back to the indigo plateau as she stated and then I ended up back in Silph Sco. Is this the end of the game or am I missing something?

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
[Spoiler Alert]

Hey, so I finally met May and we arrived at the route which leads to Viridian city. I went back to the indigo plateau as she stated and then I ended up back in Silph Sco. Is this the end of the game or am I missing something?

Not even half way through with the game! That's strange. How did you get warped back to the Silph Co? And I'd be happy to fix the error if you could send me your .sav file so I can see what's going on (Mediafire, etc). Thanks for the report.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Not even half way through with the game! That's strange. How did you get warped back to the Silph Co? And I'd be happy to fix the error if you could send me your .sav file so I can see what's going on (Mediafire, etc). Thanks for the report.

I got warped back to Silph co when I spoke to Giovanni at the indigo plateau again.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
I got warped back to Silph co when I spoke to Giovanni at the indigo plateau again.

Okay, I fixed the warping issue. Giovanni was not supposed to appear for a second time, allowing you open access into Victory Road. It looks like others are having trouble getting a future event to work properly, so I'll be uploading a patch once I can get more info from them. I can't seem to replicate the issue on my side...

FBI said:
Hey. Congratulations on finishing your ROM hack. Hope this isn't the last we've seen of you :)

CommanderCool93 said:
How will I do that? Email or what?

Mediafire or some file sharing service like that would work. Sorry for a bit of a delay in response, I've been trying to replicate the problem on my side but it's working perfectly for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Okay, I fixed the warping issue. Giovanni was not supposed to appear for a second time, allowing you open access into Victory Road. It looks like others are having trouble getting a future event to work properly, so I'll be uploading a patch once I can get more info from them. I can't seem to replicate the issue on my side...

Mediafire or some file sharing service like that would work. Sorry for a bit of a delay in response, I've been trying to replicate the problem on my side but it's working perfectly for me.

I PM'd you with my sav, I hope it'll do

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Bumping this thread to alert that a new patch is available for those who encountered Giovanni blocking Victory Road a second time, even after the event with May. You should now be able to enter Victory Road. Please let me know if you run into any more issues, the reports are very helpful. :)

There has been a second glitch reported that apparently freezes the game after speaking to Darkrai in the Power Plant. I haven't been able to replicate this on my end, so any more information would be appreciated, and any .sav file that I could look at would be most helpful.

If you were warped to Saffron City for a second time, then you will still be able to get to Cinnabar Island. Unfortunately, you will not be able to escape Cinnabar Island...
If you saved after being erroneously warped a second time, then please send me your .sav file and I will place you back in front of Victory Road.
If you know how to use Advanced Map and XSE, you may warp yourself there: whatever floats your boat! Sorry for the glitch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
May I ask if it's possible to get Eevee to evolve to an Umbreon and if so...what's needed for that? The friendship route?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Oct 4, 2022

Same thing happens to me. I'm stuck in this part
When I talk with darkray got black screen and nothing happens after that.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
May I ask if it's possible to get Eevee to evolve to an Umbreon and if so...what's needed for that? The friendship route?

Only Kanto mons are available, so: Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon.

dppinhal85 said:
Same thing happens to me. I'm stuck in this part
When I talk with darkray got black screen and nothing happens after that.

Still working on that glitch. I can't replicate it on my end, regardless how many times I replay the game.

QUESTION: For those of you experiencing the Darkrai glitch, did you trigger the following event after talking to Dialga and Palkia at Birth Island?

DHaB37i.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Only Kanto mons are available, so: Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon.

Still working on that glitch. I can't replicate it on my end, regardless how many times I replay the game.

QUESTION: For those of you experiencing the Darkrai glitch, did you trigger the following event after talking to Dialga and Palkia at Birth Island?

DHaB37i.png

I decided to try a new emulator, it must be something wrong with the MyBoy emulator I have

Back