• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they slow down a bit after Gen 6.

I figure maybe because Mega Evolution is so new and all, that's why there are so many already.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
My answer is yes. I never liked the mega evolution sh.t but I could embrace if it was just a few Pokemon and if it was to bring some balance like making the weak ones stronger not op the strong ones, but the way it is now...

Yeah, they have done a real nice job buffing some of the other previously underused mons, but most of it has been around buffing mons which are already extremely viable in today's metagame (Tyranitar, Garchomp, Lucario just to name a few.) God, some of these are already pseudo-legends. A few is nice and all, but it's really shaping up the metagame where it's survival of the fittest.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they slow down a bit after Gen 6.

I figure maybe because Mega Evolution is so new and all, that's why there are so many already.

I'm hoping too, but honestly I'm not so optimistic about it. It'll be great if the hype dies down a bit, but it's been really well received by the community in general so it'll likely continue in my opinion.

And ORAS brings the Mega Bangle, which will bring about more hype because it may be different from the mega stone in some way. Also, they'll finally have an excuse to give a Mega Evolution to Dragonite because it dosen't have to evolve via Mega Stone anymore. :p

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Whoa, ORAS has 13+2 new ones already? Talk about fast. And a lot.

Also, they'll finally have an excuse to give a Mega Evolution to Dragonite because it dosen't have to evolve via Mega Stone anymore. :p

Good one. P:

It's true that the amount of Mega-evolutions is rising rather rapidly. I was really hoping that it'll help weaker Pokemon getting a boost, but with 4 psuedo-legends getting Megas? Damn the metagame will be really scary.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Whoa, ORAS has 13+2 new ones already? Talk about fast. And a lot.

Good one. P:

It's true that the amount of Mega-evolutions is rising rather rapidly. I was really hoping that it'll help weaker Pokemon getting a boost, but with 4 psuedo-legends getting Megas? Damn the metagame will be really scary.

Yeah. With the recent ORAS leaks many pseudo-legends with monstrous BST totals like Salamence, Metagross and the like. Though there may be hope for buffing the weaker ones, but that's not the main concern. The main thing I'm concerned about is how Pokemon that don't get Mega Evolutions would fare in a metagame where lots of Pokemon have it. It probably won't be that much of a deal in game, but competitively and even causally I can imagine a lot of Pokemon just not being viable. It's only a matter of time before most, if not all of the legendaries get Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie, along with Primal Groudon/Kyogre as well as the formes of Mewtwo. These guys are going to break the game to pieces.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I'm not too much into the mega legendairies, but I like the mega evolutions overall.
So yes this is a lot of mega evolutions, but we still have 721 pokemon so they are in minority.
And we can only use one mega per team, so it's not like you have to fight someone with only mega pokemons. I don't even always use mega pokemon. I prefert to fight someone who have one mega than someone who only have legendairies.
I will even like the idea of every pokemon (final evolution) get a mega evolution! (I wil live with that but if they don't, that's fine too)

The truth is I like pokemon soo much that they can do wathever they want and I think I'll still love it. They got me. I'm a fan it's been 15 years.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
I personally think mega evolution should have been limited to a few things. Either have it as something for the pokemon who don't evolve and a few legendaries, or that and all starters. As it is going now, they will soon end up with one for every pokemon. Or another way could have been only give the mega evolutions to the starters and all pokemon with no evolutions, allowing the starters to have great power while giving evolutions to the non evolvers.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't really have a problem with the current number of Mega Evolutions. Though there are a few Pokemon that I wish got megas, and a few that I wish didn't. As long as the number doesn't get too much larger than it already is, I'll be fine. However, there are some people out there who believe that just about every single Pokemon should one day get a mega evolution......and that sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Years
I picked the last option. While there are a lot of Mega Evolutions present now with even more coming in ORAS, it's not something that seriously worries me at all. People like to play with what they like best, and at first I hated the idea of Mega Evolution but now I find it innovative. Some of the Pokémon that got them were ones that would much appreciate it, but admittedly a few weren't necessary for one reason or another.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
There's like over 600 fully evolved Pokemon if not more. 54 is a small number compared to that.

I say no, it's not a big deal. There's always a counter for something.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I don't mind they continue with the Mega-Evolution thingy. I just hope they slow down a bit for the next gen, that's it.

I don't want a seventh gen full of Mega Evolutions instead of actual new Pokemon.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I'm not too much into the mega legendairies, but I like the mega evolutions overall.
So yes this is a lot of mega evolutions, but we still have 721 pokemon so they are in minority.
And we can only use one mega per team, so it's not like you have to fight someone with only mega pokemons. I don't even always use mega pokemon. I prefert to fight someone who have one mega than someone who only have legendairies.
I will even like the idea of every pokemon (final evolution) get a mega evolution! (I wil live with that but if they don't, that's fine too)

The truth is I like pokemon soo much that they can do wathever they want and I think I'll still love it. They got me. I'm a fan it's been 15 years.

Yes, of every final stage Pokemon had one it would be somewhat balanced but the chances of it happening and painfully low, and how about Pokemon that don't evolve?

I don't really have a problem with the current number of Mega Evolutions. Though there are a few Pokemon that I wish got megas, and a few that I wish didn't. As long as the number doesn't get too much larger than it already is, I'll be fine. However, there are some people out there who believe that just about every single Pokemon should one day get a mega evolution......and that sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Yeah. The number right now is a nice number, but if they mess up in the next game and add a dozen more, then we're seeing a trend of sorts and should start getting worried because some Pokemon will just not get a Mega Evolution, and the sheer number of them in the future could just overwhelm the metagame. Good point though. :)

I picked the last option. While there are a lot of Mega Evolutions present now with even more coming in ORAS, it's not something that seriously worries me at all. People like to play with what they like best, and at first I hated the idea of Mega Evolution but now I find it innovative. Some of the Pokémon that got them were ones that would much appreciate it, but admittedly a few weren't necessary for one reason or another.

Definitely. A lot of Mega Evolutions were underused Pokemon that got a huge buff. I do find it innovative and love quite a few Mega Evolutions, what I'm worried about isn't so much the fact that there are powerful ones, but more the fact that they just keep coming and coming. It's hardly ever exclusive to a few Pokemon anymore.

There's like over 600 fully evolved Pokemon if not more. 54 is a small number compared to that.

I say no, it's not a big deal. There's always a counter for something.

I don't think the exact number was 54, but don't quote me on that. Sure there are lots of Pokemon, but not all of them are commonly used or viable, thats's a well known and undisputed fact. What's the deal is that how many viable Pokemon will be affected. The fact that Mega Evolutions gain huge stat boosts don't help the rest of the unboosted folks. :)

I don't mind they continue with the Mega-Evolution thingy. I just hope they slow down a bit for the next gen, that's it.

I don't want a seventh gen full of Mega Evolutions instead of actual new Pokemon.

Yes, quite a few people have brought that up. I think they should slow down on the development of new Pokemon if you ask me and instead focus on balancing the current metagame, but they probably won't have new Pokemon in a while considering that X and Y was quite recent.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
It's like they are using Mega Evolutions as a workaround since no new Pokemon are released until a new generation comes in xD

Nah,I don't completely agree with that. Mega Evolutions actually brought a whole new level of mechanics and gameplay to the scene, but it may be the main draw for the remakes that they're making apart from the graphics and mega evolutions everything else is nearly identical to Hoenn. ;)

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
What someone above said about I don't have a problem with it, but there's some I wish got megas that haven't and show no signs of it in the future, and some that I really wish didn't get megas, that in my opinion really don't need it. Namely giving just about every psuedo legendary so far a mega. Point and case in Tyranitar, really why? It doesn't change distribution significantly, it doesn't change typing whatsoever, it gets no new ability that changes its playstyle, it keeps sand stream and stays focused in all the places it did before. :/ Mega Aggron I can get, because it drops the rock typing, and foregoes all hopes of other things by taking on Filter as a purely defensive ability with pure steel type, sacrificing stab head smash and rock slide, and dumping that mega stat boost almost entirely into its already high defense.

Even something like Salamence I can see, because it can finally use flying stabs with aerialate, but where are all the mega lopunny stories? It got no usage before, and probably will now.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
What someone above said about I don't have a problem with it, but there's some I wish got megas that haven't and show no signs of it in the future, and some that I really wish didn't get megas, that in my opinion really don't need it. Namely giving just about every psuedo legendary so far a mega. Point and case in Tyranitar, really why? It doesn't change distribution significantly, it doesn't change typing whatsoever, it gets no new ability that changes its playstyle, it keeps sand stream and stays focused in all the places it did before. :/ Mega Aggron I can get, because it drops the rock typing, and foregoes all hopes of other things by taking on Filter as a purely defensive ability with pure steel type, sacrificing stab head smash and rock slide, and dumping that mega stat boost almost entirely into its already high defense.

Even something like Salamence I can see, because it can finally use flying stabs with aerialate, but where are all the mega lopunny stories? It got no usage before, and probably will now.

Agree with you with regards to Tyranitar. Sand Stream was probably an essential ability, so they chose to keep it, but the result was a bulkier and stronger Tyranitar with increased stats across the board. Keep in mind it's BST is sky high. It's precisely this trend of giving away too many Megas, many of them unneeded, that worries me. Salamance will be broken though. Giving Pseduo-Legend a stat boost, and nothing will take a STAB Double Edge/Return well, and probably won't survive after a DD.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
Afaik the number of fully evolved Pokemon is somewhere between 350 and 400 and aslong it stays that way, i dont want more than 100 Megas and those should really be Pokes that need them, Polar Spectrum mentioned Tyranitar and here is a List of Pokes which i wouldnt have given a Mega:
Slowbro
Gengar
Gyarados
Scizor
Metagross
Salamence
Garchomp
Diancie

Mega Lopunny is btw a Pokemon i found really good to get a Mega and it looks like it could become ou with its Mega, while it was useless before

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I guess, Mega Evolutions are a part of the Power Creep that's been going on for a while in the games. It's just that they're more apparent than the stat boosts older gen Pokemon got (did anyone of the non competitive players even notice that?). It's sad, to be honest, that apparently the only way GF/Nintendo/whoever sees in balancing is to introduce even stronger stuff from gen to gen.

I'm not too fond of Mega Pokemon, to be honest. Some of them don't require any skill to be used and putting even stronger stuff into the game, to counter them, is just bad design.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 19, 2014
newb questions abt tcg

Hello everyone, how are you all ?
I am new to pokemon TCG, and got some questions! first: iam sure these questions have been asked many times, i have tried to google and find answers my self. But in many cases i cant seem to find the right answer.
So question one: This seasons of cards 2015 which we are using now ? on the Pokemon TCG online game, these are the newest ones ?

Questions 2: My GF and I have found a intrest in this game some howe, and before we spend alot of money buying cards etc, how long is this season gonna last? is there a hole new of sett of cards coming after xmas ?
Cos the rule is" u cant use old cards in the new sets when u play the game" ?

Regards: Xtorius

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2017
Is there a chaining method for pokemon who Aren't in grass..?

Although it seems nearly impossible, I'd Love to catch a shiny Onix one day..
..one day.. :/

I know I could by using the masuda method, but that seems like TOO much time consumption...

Anyways, I know there's the pokeradar chaining method to find pokemon in the grass in an attempt to get a shiny. There's also the hording method when sweet scent is used. But what about pokemon that you can't get by hording or walking in grass - like Onix..?

I know in friend safari, you can catch an Onix in the grass, but you can't use the pokeradar in friend safari..Is there any chaining method for pokemon who aren't in grass?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I believe there's another method called chain-fishing (not really sure if this is the correct term), which allows you to obtain shinies by—as you could already tell—fishing. I don't know how it all works, exactly, so you might have to do a bit of research on it yourself.

Anyway, since this is a question topic, I'm merging it into our help thread.

Merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back