• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Delirium [IC]

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia5"]Julia Clark[/alink id]
Andieland
Andie's Gym
[alink id="inv5"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia5[/a id]
Julia and Pearl returned from the Pokémon Center. They moved immediately to the arena, where Andie stood, waiting for them. She smirked, "In the time you've been gone someone already beat me and got their badge, that makes two people. I wonder if you'll be the third..."

Julia huffed, "I would certainly hope so, this is getting a bit tiresome."

Andie's smile faded a bit at Julia's statement, "Well then, let's get to it!" She briskly walked to her spot across the arena and tossed out a Pokéball, a Faireeze appearing a flash of white light. The nurse shark Pokémon elongated its body, a beautiful display of light flashing out from its glinting purple scales. Its eyes glinted beautifully, reflecting the sunlight shining down from a port in the ceiling that Julia guessed was installed mostly for this purpose. It had a pink sail that extended from the back of its dorsal fin all the way to the tip of its tail. The sail swayed back and forth, shimmering in the rays.

For a moment Julia was lost in its beauty. Pearl tugged on Julia's pant leg looking up with expectant, adorable eyes. "Um, right. So this Pokémon is a water and fairy type. Uh, Einstein's attack won't do anything against it, plus you'll resist its fairy attacks, so Pearl I guess it's up to you, okay?" Julia deduced aloud. Pearl steeled her eyes and bounded forward to meet the Pokémon.

"You first," Andie grinned.

"Oh. Right," Julia closed her eyes for a few seconds and gathered her thoughts. "Alright, Bullet Punch Pearl," She prepared herself. Pearl rushed forward and the Faireeze attempted to dodge her attack, but it was not fast enough. It slid a little bit.

"Faireeze, Water Gun," Andie calmly ordered. The instant the battle started, Andie's entire demeanor changed. Julia could definitely see how she was made a Gym Leader and consequently a Lead Protector, her knack for battling was instantly apparent. Something about this made Julia scowl. The Faireeze shot a jet of water at Pearl, sending her skidding backward.

"Rollout, Pearl," Julia ordered with a bit of ferocity. The Faireeze across from Pearl shimmered its sail in the sunlight, dancing a little bit, but Pearl seemed unaffected. The Corscale leaped forward into a roll, mirroring her actions from the last battle, however, Andie was not so dumb.

"Faireeze, use Rain Dance and end this mess before it starts," The tall woman confidently ordered. Pearl knocked into the Pokémon before it could use its move, but the first attack did little damage. As Pearl skirted the outside of the arena, the Faireeze spun around and sung in a high pitched beautiful voice. Immediately, the sunlight streaming down from the window was eclipsed by a forming thundercloud. It began to pour down rain, soaking Julia, Andie, who seemed enthused by the wetness, and the field.

Dirt began to cake Pearl's plates as she rolled through the forming mud, but she made contact with the beautiful Pokémon one more time before she was forced to stop. Grime stuck in between every crack in Pearl's plating, making her shift uncomfortably. The rain helped a little, but it was still a large nuisance. Julia frowned, "Okay, Leer."

"Water Gun," The rain-boosted high-pressure blast caused Pearl to skid backward a few feet before toppling over. Parallel lines tracked before her in the mud from the imprints of her feet. Despite this, she lifted her head up and leered at the Faireeze, lowering its defense past the threshold Julia wanted.

"Bullet Punch!"

"Water Gun!" Pearl used her twin tails to thrust herself up and launched forward at immense speed, smashing into the Faireeze with a Bullet Punch. It flew past Andie and fell unconscious, the damage from all four attacks adding up. Julia smiled. "Hmpf, okay, good luck with this next one," Andie raised her eyebrows. Her Faireeze disappeared with a warm red glow and was replaced with a flash of white light, revealing a fearsome Pokémon.

A Badgrun appeared, the rage Pokémon. Its body was at least four times the size of Pearl set with thick and rippling muscles. It was covered in a layer of fur, predominantly black with gray legs and a few yellow stripes along its spine. An imposing mane of yellow fur extended all the way from its eyes to its large bushy black tail. The Pokémon's face was yet the scariest part about it. It had two piercing red eyes that defaulted into an angry position. The creature's entire face sloped down into a point to look as intimidating as possible. The Badgrun's feet had three very sharp and long toenails, to be used for traction in Eburnean City, the species' native home. The rain dripped off of the Badgrun's back; it huffed and flared its nostrils.

Pearl and Julia shrunk back in unison. "Uh, Pearl, Badgrun is a ground and electric type, so it's super effective against both you and Einstein... Uh, I guess you'll have to do the battling. Bullet Punch?" Julia spoke, unsure of what to do. None of Pearl's moves were very effective on the Badgrun, but she was stronger than Einstein.

Pearl leaped toward the Badgrun, her fist colliding with its face. It stayed solidly planted although its face snapped to the side. Andie snorted, "Badgrun, use Rock Blast to push the Corscale back and then Magnitude to faint it." The Pokémon opened its mouth wide, and a rock flew out, smashing into Pearl at close proximity, tossing her back. The rock type attack did not do a lot of damage, but another rock fired out of the Badgrun's mouth. The smoothing Pokémon ended up on the other side of the field, knocked back by four attacks.

Pearl galloped forward to use Bullet Punch, but the rage Pokémon slammed its two front legs into the ground, sending cracks throughout his immediate vicinity. Before the Corscale could close the distance, the entire arena began to shake. Julia struggled to keep her balance, but instantly the entire field exploded with energy. The attack was magnitude nine and super effective. Pearl collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

The floor had gigantic cracks running along its entire length as if somebody had taken a giant knife and carved on a design. Many holes were even as thick as the Badgrun's legs, even though dirt and water began to fill them again. Andie smirked at the damage, "Whoops, gonna have to fix that again!" Julia furrowed her eyebrows and returned Pearl to her Pokéball.

With a flash, Einstein appeared. The rain beat down on him; the only advantage Julia could glean from the situation was that Einstein's water type moves would be boosted. Julia knew she would have to be very creative to come out on top, "Einstein, use Water Gun!"

"Badgrun, Electro Ball," Andie calmly stated. Its mouth opened again, and this time, a crackling ball of electricity rocketed through the air. In the interest of self-preservation, Einstein zipped out of the way, still targeting the bulky Pokémon with its water jet. The rage Pokémon grunted through the liquid, but shook its fur rapidly, throwing off some of the moisture. Einstein looked blankly at the terrifying Pokémon.

"Hmpf, so you're going to play this game. Badgrun, get close to it and use Shock Wave," Andie barked. The creature grunted, and charged forward with surprising speed.

"Einstein protect!!" Julia called. The Badgrun's foot dug into the ground, catching for an instant before it violently pulled it out with a clump of mud stuck on. Julia would not have noticed if she was not paying close attention, but an idea popped into her head. The lumbering Pokémon emitted a low, guttural sound; it exploded in a flash of electric light. The burst of electricity melded around Einstein who was protected by a thin, unseen layer.

"Electro Ball again-"

Julia interrupted, "Einstein, make it chase you around the field!" With ease, Einstein dodged the Electro Ball. It whizzed past Julia and exploded into a wall, brightening up the room momentarily, like a flash of lightning and resounding thunder. Julia flinched, determined not to let Andie see her sweat.

In the dark, wet room, the two forms rushed throughout the arena, a game of hulking monster and tiny fish. Julia held her breath, and sure enough, both of the Badgrun's front feet became lodged deep into the earth simultaneously. It struggled to pull them out, but Julia quickly screamed, "Use Water Gun on the ground around its feet to seal it in!" Einstein followed her instructions, and two piles of soil built up around the Badgrun, trapping it.

"Shock Wave," A frown crept onto the gym leader's once confident face. Einstein instinctually protected itself, a thin white layer flashing over him; he had yet to take any damage.

"Rock Blast!" The Badgrun shot a rock at Einstein, but he quickly moved out of the way. The rage Pokémon craned its neck to the side, but it could not get a good shot at the Minu. Einstein fired a bolt of water into the helpless Pokémon's back. It roared and tossed back and forth, only digging itself into a deeper hole.

"Badgrun use Magnitude to get yourself out of the ground," The Pokémon bucked back and forth, the ground erupted in a violent show Einstein protected itself. The clouds above began to clear and Julia mumbled under her breath. "Electro Ball!" Einstein did not have enough time to enact another barrier and was hit for the first time in the battle. It survived the attack, but barely, the electricity coursing through its body. In a final act of retribution, the Minu smashed it in the face with a heavy stream of water, the Badgrun collapsing to one of many super effective attacks. Julia could finally relax.

She returned Einstein and caught herself beaming. Andie chuckled when she saw Julia's expression, moseying up to her. "Well that was a nice change of pace, you've definitely improved," She smiled, "You're at least ready to leave this town now. I have no idea what lays beyond Celeste city, but the path to there should be relatively safe."

Julia was about to speak, but she held herself back. Andie opened both palms to her, presenting a shiny badge and a pouch of money, "Take these. I'd recommend stocking up on supplies before you leave, it should be a three-day trip, so leave as soon as you're ready." Julia grasped both implements. Andie smiled, "Maybe I'll see you again sometime. Only time will tell. Good luck."​
[a id]pearl5[/a id]
184_small_zpsxysvczgz.png

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 12 ♀ Corscale
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naïve
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout
Friendship/Love Meter:
friendship-full_zpsrs1vdtmz.png
friendship-half_zpshuezhoau.png

Held Item: N/A
Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost.

[a id]einstein4[/a id]
038_small_zpsvh5giqjf.png

water.gif

Einstein, the Level 8 ♂ Minu
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quirky
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense. He views the world as if from a removed perspective, almost as if he is playing a video game he is not particularly interested in. Einstein uses water to convey affection, and when he is pleased he sprays water in people's faces.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won.

[a id]inv5[/a id]

073add4157ea0310cacb1dc71b77b59e-d5g0n1u.png

pokeball.png
pokeball
x4
Pokedex
QuickDev
[alink id="pearl5"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein4"]
Einstein
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday
Andie's Gym​

I BEAT ANDIE!!! THAT WAS GREAT!
Basically taking out the Faireeze was pretty straightforward, Pearl was completely unaffected by its mesmerizing looks and the rain was pretty easy to get through.
The Badgrun was very unexpected and very difficult.
Pearl needs to develop some way to check ground types because none of her attacks do more than not very effective damage on them. She was taken out immediately by a magnitude, so that needs some work. I should ask Blackthorn about that *needs further investigation.
Einstein is very, very good at being fast, that's the only reason we won.
I think that improvisation is my strong suit, that worked great to my advantage. Though, we need new Pokémon on the team because the two of them were both totally weak to that Badgrun…​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Great battle!
Pearl grew to Level 14 against Faireeze and Badgrun! Pearl gained half a heart of Friendship and now has two full hearts of Friendship!

Einstein grew to Level 11 against Badgrun and learned Double Team! Einstein gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one full heart of Friendship!

You defeated Andie and received 600PD, which has been added to your wallet, and also received the Ferry Badge!
000_badge1_small_zps11zkgpzb.png

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia6"]Julia Clark & Nicholas Ladrian[/alink id]
Small Talk, Big Road
The Path to Celeste City
[alink id="inv6"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia5[/a id]
Julia and Pearl walked side by side on their way to the gates. Before they left Gallant Town they had swung by the Pokémart to buy three Pokéballs and a potion. The two collected all of their assorted things and quickly stopped by the Pokécenter before making a beeline to the gates. Julia was anxious to get out of Gallant Town and explore a bit, maybe discover some new Pokémon she had yet to study. Upon arrival at the gates to the town, she was met by two members of the Security Black Force. They barricaded the entrance. The brown-haired girl stood, unsure of what to do. "Well?" One of the guards spoke.

"Oh. Right," She fumbled with her pocket, removing her newly acquired badge.

"Hmpf. You may pass," Julia breathed a sigh of relief. She began to walk down the path and saw a boy standing outside the gate with a floating pink Pokémon next to him, a Kadporah.

It had been a while since Brass last stepped outside these gates. The months of testing under Professor Blackthorn had him dearly missing the comforts of a luxurious life in Celeste City, but now that he finally was heading back, he didn't feel quite as eager as he had before. Lyla glanced at the grimace on his face, pulsing a low and steady blue. Brass? He shook his head and smiled back. "I'm alright, Lyla. Just thinking about home." She spun in the air, but she lacked the playful grace she had in her previous form, instead dropping to the ground, where she found herself much more comfortable.

There's someone else. Brass turned his head back toward the gates, and he noticed another trainer pass the guards. She seemed familiar, though he couldn't quite recall her name. There weren't many chances to meet the others back at Blackthorn's lab. A small, metallic Pokemon walked by her side, shrinking behind her legs as the pair left the familiarity of Gallant Town. Brass stole a look at Lyla before approaching the duo with an outstretched hand.

"Brass," he said with a confident air. Lyla sent a flash of green and purple, hoping to instill some sense of admiration in the stranger.

Julia smiled at the new arrival, she was immediately drawn to him, although her head ached vaguely. She glanced in between the glowing Kadporah and Brass, adjusted her scarf and took his hand. "I'm Julia. Nice to meet you! I'm guessing you're immune too," She asked, as if a statement.

Brass feigned surprise, bringing his hand to his mouth, "You don't remember me? I don't blame you; we were subjected to quite a lot of Blackthorn. Your battle with Andie went well, yeah? You are out here, after all."

Julia chuckled, "Well is a bit of an... Exaggeration. I pretty much lost my battle against the first cadet. And my battle against Andie was almost disastrous, that Badgrun was the worst possible Pokémon she could have had," Julia snorted, "I don't like battling anyway. I'm a biologist, not a Pokémon Trainer Extraordinaire."

"A biologist, huh? Have you figured anything out about Hysteria?"

"Well, no, I'm just studying in college as of now. I'm a field biologist, not a doctor. This trip for me is really an experience to travel the wild and observe different ecosystems and discover new things. I certainly don't have to expertise to study Hysteria."

"That's too bad. Hysteria's the only real reason I'm out here, but we've only just left Gallant Town, where the disease is kept under control. I'm hoping I'll come across something out here in the wild. You'll let me know if you come across anything, yeah?"

"Why would you want to come across an infected person? I bet it's horrible..."

"Oh, it is. But that's why we're here, yeah? We're immune. We can experience the disease with impunity. That's something researchers can only wish for, and I don't plan on letting this opportunity go to waste. Isn't that why we were entrusted with our Pokemon?" Lyla hovered in the air near Brass, pulsing a deep, proud purple.

Pearl shifted back a little bit, hugging herself to Julia's leg, "I guess..." She mused, "But being immune doesn't mean you're immortal."

Brass raised an eyebrow. "I don't have to be immortal to run really fast. We'll be fine. You're also headed to Celeste City, yeah?"

"Yeah," Julia nodded, "Should we travel together?" Julia's Corscale cocked her head to the side and looked up, unimpressed with her trainer's decision.

"I certainly won't mind. Or at least not as much as your Corscale," Brass chuckled, waving a hand at the timid figure by Julia's side. I will make calm. Lyla's aura glowed a little brighter as she concentrated, sending light waves of green and orange as she attempted to soothe the Corscale. Brass pretended not to notice, though he was impressed by how much better Lyla had gotten at manipulating emotions since she evolved into a Kadporah.

Pearl stared at the Kadporah, entranced by the glowing colors. Julia looked on, fully aware of what was occurring. She quickly pulled out her notebook and began to scratch down notes, detailing the colors the Kadporah was glowing and what its effect appeared to be. "Uh, would you mind if I could study your Kadporah? The way it's soothing Pearl is very interesting and potentially super helpful... I wonder if I could get a catalogue of emotional colors..." Julia looked intrigued and began to walk forward.

Ha, she likes me! Lyla's voice rang through Brass' mind as he smiled, "Lyla would love the attention." He did make a note in his mind, though, to work with Lyla on hiding the colors. It was alright for now, but one never knew when the need would come up for Lyla to be much more inconspicuous.

"Wait, can you two communicate? I know that Kadporah can communicate with their trainers. How advanced is her communication? Can she communicate with other people? How much dialogue can you speak? Does it appear in your head like a thought originating from nowhere or does it have a voice attached to it or is it a feeling?"

"It's mostly just colors, though Lyla can talk. She sounds, well, feminine, and young. She's not very good at speaking, though," Brass explained. Lyla rolled her eyes, flashing red and purple before floating around Brass. You're not good at speaking! Brass ignored her and continued walking ahead, knowing that she would follow closely behind. He could make out a looming forest in the distance, along with huge masses of rock and earth, "Let's get to that forest before noon, yeah?"

Julia furiously scribbled, "And what was that red and purple in reference to?" She followed Brass, beginning the trek. She wanted to make sure to get to the cabin by the night, although she had packed to sleep outside Julia seriously did not want to be forced to.

"Oh, it's just banter. She's much smarter than I give her credit for. Or at least I hope so," Brass said, a smile on his face. Lyla harrumphed with a flash of purple before hovering near the Corscale, who had been quiet almost the entire time. Lyla poked her shell with a giggle before pirouetting away into the air, her aura pulsing orange. Brass turned and gestured for Lyla to stop as he shook his head, "Leave her alone, you bully."

Pearl stomped her foot down and glared at the floating creature, her arms outstretched as if to show it who was boss. Julia chuckled. The forest began to near the quartet and a grin crept onto Julia's face as she peered through the tight foliage. As they entered the woods, Julia pushed aside some branches from a tree and Pearl cowered behind her at the rustling. The notebook stayed at the ready, the brunette held onto it with a fearsome grip. The climate began to increase in intensity, but Julia was not bothered by it at all. In fact, as the air became more and more saturated with moisture, her smile widened.

Brass wasn't used to the humidity; while the trees did offer some shade, the heat was almost unbearable as he continued his trek. He could hear the sounds of Bug Pokemon in the distance, and leaves rustled with the occasional breeze. For the most part, though, he trudged on silently while Julia's attention was immersed in their surroundings, notebook in hand. Lyla pulsed a faint red, but she went along without a complaint, alternating between hovering and walking, as if to get used to both in her new form. The road was covered with fallen leaves and twigs; Brass noticed some markings on the trees as they walked, but the trail seemed otherwise untouched by human hands. It had been less than five years since the Hysteria hit, but the forest held such an air of tranquility that Brass found himself falling into its slow, glacial pace. It was odd for Brass to think of Pokemon outside the context of human interaction, and it left him in a contemplative mood.

A river stretched out before the four travelers, too wide to cross. Only two options presented themselves, right and left. The ground to the right sloped upward, the water flowing in the opposite direction. A soft roaring noise faintly pooled in Julia's ears when she turned to look in that direction, probably indicative of a waterfall. The forest floor was unmarked to the left, but followed the river streaming downward. Immediately, Julia was drawn in by the noises echoing through the trees from the right. She turned to Brass, "Um, I think there's a waterfall to the right, can we go that way? I want to see if there are any water types here."

Brass blinked quickly as he registered what Julia had said, and with a wave of his hand, said, "Lead the way." Lyla flashed green in the air beside him.

Julia quickly notated the color flash into her journal and forged up the hill. The incline was incredibly steep, but the biologist was more than well skilled for the task. After a little more than five minutes of hiking, the group of four arrived at a large clearing, created by the spectacle they were about to see.​
[a id]pearl6[/a id]

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 14 ♀ Corscale
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost. Pearl helped Julia defeat Andie.

[a id]einstein5[/a id]

water.gif

Einstein, the Level 11 ♂ Minu
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect, Double Team
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense. He views the world as if from a removed perspective, almost as if he is playing a video game he is not particularly interested in. Einstein uses water to convey affection, and when he is pleased he sprays water in people's faces.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won. Einstein helped Julia defeat Andie.

[a id]inv6[/a id]

pokeball.png
pokeball
x4
Pokedex
QuickDev

Badges:

[alink id="pearl6"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein5"]
Einstein
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
The Path to Celeste City​

I'm super excited to study this region of Veriti, I've actually never been here before. It's like not as grand as most of the region, but I think that's why I like it! It's pretty understated and cool.
I met one of the immune, his name is Brass and he has a Kadporah, that's a Pokémon I'm super interested to study. At the bottom of this page I'm notating its color changes in response to different emotions and stimuli.
The environment here seems very vibrant and upon first stepping my foot in I can already hear all types of Pokémon…
Brass is a little too confrontational for my tastes, but other than that he seems like a very nice kid.
Kadporah communicates via color and apparently talks in Brass' brain like a young girl. Maybe different Kadporah have different psychic voices?? Maybe they can communicate with other trainers?? *needs further investigation.

Kadporah Color Hypotheses:

Green/Orange- Soothing?? Calm??
Red/Purple- Talking?? Banter??
Purple- Playful/Fun
Orange- Same as purple??? Probably not but I have no clue what it means. *needs further investigation​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Great post! 900PD has been subtracted from your wallet. Your new items have been added to your bag!
pokeball.png
x3,
potion.png

Out in the wilderness, you found 130PD lying around, and also found a Chesto Berry!
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png

BRASS LADRIAN:
Great post!
Out in the wilderness, you found 250PD lying around, and also found a Oran Berry!
Bag_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023

Brass and Julia
Haste makes waste, yeah? | Route 1
bKrLkXv.png
Pouch | 1350PD Pokedex | Quickdev 5 x Pokeball 1 x Oran Berry
g7z8yMH.png
Lyla (Kadporah) | Female | Sassy Level 17 | Synchronize | Psychic Confusion | Calm Mind | Teleport | Double Team | Hidden Power
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
5AlHSIN.png

A cascade of water greeted them, the likes of which Julia had not seen in at least four years. Gallons of water poured from the cliff above each second, tumbling into free fall before colliding with a harsh pool of aquamarine liquid. It formed a pond, at least one hundred feet in diameter, that rapidly emptied downhill to create the rushing river that split their path. The waterfall was over eighty feet tall, Julia craned her neck to try and see the top of it. Around the pond, a large tree-less area rested, created by times of flooding and drought; Julia guessed they were in between those two phases. The waterfall bridged the cliff area and the forest area of the path to Celeste City, likely if they travelled upward they could get a good vantage point of the forest, something Julia wanted to try. Vague rustling interrupted Julia's thoughts.

The pond was spectacular, to say the least. Lyla pulsed pink and purple in admiration as the group stopped by the edge of the water. Brass dipped his hands into the cool, crisp water, pooling it within his palms as he took a sip and splashed his sweaty face. He sighed, a smile on his face, as he watched Lyla plunge into the water without hesitation. She flashed green and orange, clearly enjoying the respite from an arduous journey. They were soon interrupted by the sound of many, many skittering legs, followed by a light screech that rang through the still forest. With furrowed eyebrows, Brass looked around to find the source of the noise. It didn't take long for him to spot the swarm of small, purple Bug Pokemon that was scuttling down the cliff and rapidly approaching the two trainers. He started back, unsure of what to do, but he quickly composed himself when he realized that they didn't seem to mean any harm. He glanced toward Julia and asked, "Well?"

Julia's face immediately broke into a smile, "Those are Krihte! I've never actually seen them before in person, but they're super friendly bug types. They never mean any harm to humans, and are actually quite fond of them. You could probably easily catch one if you wanted to." The group of Krihte was composed of at least thirty bugs, all rolling and jumping down the mountainside toward the two trainers, like an avalanche of purple fuzz. On the way down, a shriek echoed through the forest, one very different than the call of the Krihte. A small, green, angry looking bug tumbled down the cliff after being crushed by the stampede and hopped off into the forest. Julia watched the Mantiby go, viewing the scene with a feeling of awe. Pearl cowered behind her legs.

Brass saw the Mantiby hop away, but his attention was focused on the Krihte before him. They surrounded him and Julia, their furry bodies brushing against each other as they all tried to get a better look at the humans. Their purple tails swished back and forth. Some Krihte seemed to be more timid, preferring to stay further away from Brass, while others had no qualms climbing up his legs. One particular Krihte had climbed onto his shoulder and curled up, enjoying its new perch. Lyla hovered to the side, quietly laughing at the sight of her trainer overcome by small Bug Pokemon. He likes you, she said, pointing to the Krihte. "Does he now?" Brass asked, reaching a hand up to pet the bug. The Krihte chirped, and it looked down at all the other Krihte as if to lord over them. "Perhaps you'd like to come along with us," Brass offered. "Do you have a name?" The Krihte chittered, and Brass glanced over to Lyla. Bug, she giggled, spinning in the air as her aura glowed orange. Brass rolled his eyes; Lyla grinned, and said, "His family calls him Hastecaller." "Hastecaller, huh," Brass said. The Krihte screeched proudly, his legs rapidly tapping on Brass' head.

"Hastecaller?" Julia stared at the exchange going on before her for an instant, before grinning at the creatures that surrounded her. She relaxed her muscles, allowing the bugs to climb all over her body. It tickled her, and she laughed, falling into the mud. Pearl cried out in fear, quickly becoming overwhelmed by the sea of purple. She curled up into a tight ball, her twin tails flailing around in a feeble attempt to keep the bugs at bay. One Krihte perched comfortably on Julia's face, blotting out her view of the other Pokémon.

A piercing scream shot through the forest, eclipsing the hubbub of bugs and silencing all conversation. After the one scream, a chorus of others followed, Julia's ears hurt a little. Suddenly, like the plague, a cloud of Mantiby erupted from the forest on both sides of the gathering, descending on the pile of Krihte and humans like a bringer of death. Julia rose to her feet and removed the Krihte from her face to see what was going on. It leapt out of her arms and war broke loose.

"Let's get out of here," Brass exclaimed as the Krihte around him screeched in response to the onslaught of Mantiby. They bit at each other in a frenzy, surrounding the trainers in a whirlwind of manic Bugs. Brass gestured to Lyla, and she began to concentrate, her aura pulsing a deep blue. Neither the Krihte or the Mantiby seemed to be affected, however, and Lyla's attempt at calming them only angered them further. The rumbling of the waterfall was joined by high pitched shrieks as the battle continued. Hastecaller had already left Brass' shoulder and was leading a charge against a wave of opposing Mantiby, spewing string from his mouth to slow them down as the other Krihte rushed forward to attack. "We have to leave before things get worse," Brass called out. He motioned to Lyla again, and her aura began to intensify. Energy rippled through the area, and the rocky ground began to shake. Beams shot from Lyla's body, hitting some of the Mantiby, and before they could retaliate, Lyla released an empowered Confusion toward the ones in the way. Brass used this opening to break through the crowd, but Hastecaller was still engaged in battle.

"We won't make Hastecaller leave his swarm behind. He'll find his way to us after this affair is over," he said to Lyla, who nodded in response. In his scramble to get away, he had lost track of where Julia, and he couldn't make out what was happening when he glanced back at the fray. She'd find her way out.

Julia watched Brass disappear into the woods and she called out after him, but it was to no avail. She was sure they would find each other at some point in the future but Julia was content to traverse the forest alone. The path that the Kadporah had cleared in the bugs quickly closed itself and Julia was left, stuck in the sea of angry Pokémon. Her mind flailed, searching for escape routes, and unsure of what to do. "Pearl! Use Rollout!" She sent out her Minu as well, "Einstein, use Water Gun and get them out of here!!" A Mantiby stood in front of Pearl and she leaped into it, knocking it to the side. Einstein sprayed it with water and the Pokémon screeched. It rushed toward Einstein, spraying it with string, but Pearl slammed into it. The Mantiby fainted.

Two more rushed toward Julia, a Krihte lunged into it, smashing it away, the water type sprayed the other one with more water. Pearl smashed into it and it fainted. After her speed had increased significantly and she plowed a path through the bugs, back down the mountain toward the place they came from. Julia sprinted after the rolling Corscale, disappearing out of control. Einstein stayed unmoving in the center of the crowd of bugs, staring blankly at the horde, only occasionally opening his mouth to spray attackers with water. His trainer returned him to his Pokéball quickly, trying not to loose sight of her partner. A Mantiby jumped down the path after her.

Pearl collided with a tree, loosing all momentum. Julia rushed to Pearl and scooped her up in her arms, anxious to get away from the swarm as soon as possible. She clumsily raced down the mountain, tripping over a rock and face planting into the river. Pearl flew into the stream and was carried downward a little by the current, catching a rock and pulling herself up onto it. Julia treaded water and screamed as the Mantiby leaped off of the bank and onto her back, biting at her with Bug Bite. She flailed and knocked it off of her back, activating the Pokéball that held Einstein in it.

The minnow Pokémon erupted from his Pokéball and rushed into the water, back in its home territory for the first time in awhile. Immediately he threw himself into the thrashing Mantiby, making a loud clang. It careened back into the water, whisked away by the current, but, Einstein was not done. He shot around to the other side and pushed the little bug Pokémon forward with a Water Gun. He tossed it around like a little toy.

Julia clambered out of the stream, her entire body soaking. She immediately ripped into her backpack and removed her journal in a frenzied haze. The book was soaked through and through. She rapidly tore out every page with writing on it and laid them out on the ground where a patch of sunlight shined through the dense foliage. She planted her face into her hands and sighed in frustration. Pearl looked on from her perch in the stream. Einstein finally slammed the Mantiby into the side of the river, giving in the opportunity to stagger out of the water, before fainting onto the shoreline. Julia looked on in dejected objectivity.

~~

Even after having covered a decent amount of distance, Brass could still hear the cries of Krihte and Mantiby. He was now quite a ways off the main trail; the forest had given way to a rocky outcrop. Small weeds poked out from between the rocks, starving for good soil. The luscious leafy scent from the forest had faded away. It was quiet, and Brass lay down on his back, still sweating from the previous encounter. Lyla hovered above him, a splash of pink against the vast blue sky. The only sounds to be heard were the occasional soft screech from far away and pebbles rolling with the wind. A triumphant shrill interrupted their silent respite, and Brass sat up to find Hastecaller dashing toward him. He smiled.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Lovely post!
Einstein grew to Level 13!
Einstein gained half a heart of Friendship! He now has one and a half hearts of Friendship!

Pearl grew to Level 18 against the swarm and learned Iron Tail! Pearl gained a half of heart of Friendship! She now has two and a half hearts of Friendship!

What's this? Pearl is ready to evolve thanks to your increasing bond and her desire to help protect you and remain at your side! (She can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)!

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Out in the wilderness, you found 210PD lying around, and also found a Leppa Berry!
Bag_Leppa_Berry_Sprite.png

BRASS LADRIAN:
Lovely post!
Lyla grew to Level 18!
Hastecaller the Level 7, Krihte wants to join you! Maybe you should welcome him with a short battle? Surprise! Since Hastecaller was the leader of a swarm of Krihte, he knows a special move - Electroweb!
047_small_zpsg0hozy3i.png

Out in the wilderness, you found 140PD lying around, and also found a Lum Berry!
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Maybe we can do this. Kiro watched as the challengers were successful against the Cadets, and the girl from yesterday even defeated Andie herself. Having finished their meals, Kiro rose and recalled his Pokèmon between battles, Might as well start traveling now. Descending from the stands and depositing his trash, Andie called out to him, "Leaving already?" Kiro flinched slightly before responding, "Yeah. Not much else to do in town anymore." Andie nodded, "Well good luck on your journey. Maybe you nine can solve this thing. Find a cure for Hysteria and all that." Kiro's shoulders dropped as he left, "Yeah, maybe..."

Kiro looked up at the 30ft gates in front of him, "You Shall Not Pass!" The echo of the shouting startled him briefly, but not as much as the line used. He turned to see a Security Black Force member chuckling, "Ah I love doing that. But seriously, only authorized citizens of Veriti may enter or leave towns." Oh yeah I forgot, "This should do right?" Kiro showed his Ferry Badge and the official nodded as he ordered the others to open The Gates, "Good luck, be careful around the cliff." Kiro nodded as the the metal loudly turned and the gates swung open. He took one last look at Gallant Town, figuring he wouldn't be back any time soon. And journey continues... Or maybe it's just begun? Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward into Route One.

Hearing a rather large commotion coming from the rocky cliff, he decided to head through the forest first. Kiro took the path on the left that slowly faded from plains to thick plant life and tall trees. Almost as soon as he entered the Forest, he saw a Fawbi dashing across the path. "Alliam." The grass lizard emerged with a Growl, "Use Razor Leaf." The fawn immediately turned to run and used Camouflage in panic, turning it into a ground type on the path, causing the pokèmon to take super effective damage and fainted. The two paused in shock, "Well that was, disappointing." Kiro shook his head and kept walking. He ventured a little off the beaten path and came across a Mantiby. After sending out Churbin for this battle, the little bug pokémon used string shot and slowed the baby parrot down. "Use Gust." The Mantiby charged with Bug Bite and was blown away after the attack. "Now Quick Attack." Churbin dash forward as if String Shot never landed and slammed into Mantiby. "Again." The little bug used the contact to land Bug Bite, then the previous string shot to land another, before being blown away and slammed into again with Quick Attack. It fainted and Churbin flew back to Kiro as he kept exploring.

Eventually the group came across a, rather large, murky puddle I thought the water in this route was clean. Or at least fre- Kiro began coughing as Alliam excitedly splashed into the puddle, getting dirty water all over him and Churbin. "What is wrong with you!" Alliam gave a pleasurable growl as he relaxed and slowly sunk surprisingly deep into the puddle, eventually disappearing into it. What in the world? Kiro cocked his head with a confused look as the water began to glow and light vegetation sprouted. "Alliam?"

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

KIRO IRAKUZA:
When Alliam emerges, he'll have evolved into Gatmuir! Congratulations!
002_small_zpsyq0hkg5l.png

Gatmuir learned Bullet Seed!
Churbin grew to Level 14 against Mantiby!
Out in the wilderness, you found 180PD lying around, and also found a Rawst Berry!
Bag_Rawst_Berry_Sprite.png

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 21, 2017

roywintersheader.jpg

EPISODE 4:​
PROVING GROUNDS

Day 2: Morning

Roy pulled out the dining chair, sat himself down, and scooted himself forward. The cabin room was decorated with holly and wreaths all along the wooden walls, and the hearth was ablaze with a warm, friendly fire that filled the room with a flickering yellow light. Seated all around the table was family, save for his mother who came bounding out from the kitchen carrying a piping hot kettle in over-sized oven mitts.

"Soup's on!" she joyfully exclaimed.

With a swift motion, she poured a light brown broth into everybody's bowls. The soup was looking delicious and steaming, inviting Roy to come close and catch a whiff of what was to come. He stuck his face deep into the bowl, just close enough to not scald his nose. Inhaling deeply, Roy was treated to a.. musty, papery odor.

---------​

Roy's eyes shot open.

He pried the Trainer's Field Guide off of his drooling face and leapt out of bed. The bunks were empty, and there was no evidence of anyone else having been there. Roy bounded to the window, and to his dismay, saw the Veritian sun high in the sky.

He had overslept.

Roy rushed into getting dressed, diving into his pants and forgetting to put his socks on. He hastily threw everything else into his bag, and sprinted out of the room.

I'm late. I'm late. I'm late.

He fell through the gym's stalwart front door, crashing onto the ground. Painfully, Roy opened his eyes, and saw a pair of black leather boots right in front of him. He looked up, and saw the Gym Leader, Andie, looking down at him.

"You're late." she said.

Roy scrambled to his feet, and despite his best efforts to stand up straight, still needed to look up at the tall, imposing woman. She had smooth dark skin that was carefully tanned by the equatorial sun of Gallant Town, and shiny chestnut colored hair tied neatly behind her head.

"You're only hurting yourself by oversleeping, Roy." she began, beginning to pace. "You still have yet to prove to me that you're up to snuff. And," Andie added. "You need my confidence if you're ever going to be let out on your own."

"Yes ma'am," Roy answered, nervously.

"First lesson," she said, putting her hand on Roy's shoulder. "Relax. If you're frightened, you'll worry your Pokemon. They look to their trainers for guidance, and if you waver, so will they."

Roy slowly let down his tensing shoulders. With a sigh, he answered, "Okay."

"Good!" she said, walking out of the room. "Before you battle me, I want you to battle two of my cadets. Got it?"

Roy swallowed. "Okay!"

My first battle against another trainer, Roy thought to himself.

The room was large and white, with battle lines painted on the floor. There were doors on either side, opposite the battlefield.

Out of the same door that Andie left through, a blonde boy, about the same age as Roy, came walking out.

"My name is Pavo," the boy said, introducing himself. "Welcome to the gym." He paused. "One of the Nine, right? Let's see if you deserve being immune."

Immune.

Pavo let loose a Pokeball, sending out a deep blue, flippered creature with a bright cyan dorsal fin that lined it's entire back.

Roy answered the call to battle. "Go! Orville!"

Orville landed between the two trainers, and stood firmly, ready for battle.

Roy whipped out his Pokedex, opening to the entry for Skirrun, the Tiger Shark Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Roy remembered what he had read the night before in the Trainer's Field Guide.

Water and ice, huh? Can't use Icy Wind then, same type attacks are not very effective. Okay..

"Orville!" Roy shouted, commencing the battle. "Use Headbutt!"

The Glacherd charged headfirst at the Skirrun, building up speed.

"Dodge it!" answered Pavo. "Then Aurora Beam!"

Skirrun slid out of the way, and fired a brightly colored beam of ice and light back at Orville. The attack made contact, but Orville's thick fur and fatty body absorbed most of the hit.

Roy smiled. "Headbutt, again!"

Within a second, Orville was crashing into the Skirrun, sending it flying backwards.

"Chase after it." Roy said, while the shark was soaring through the air.

"Water gun!" Pavo shouted, frustrated.

"Jump, then Headbutt!" Roy commanded.

A powerful spray of water pierced the air, aimed right at Orville. As per Roy's commands, Orville leapt over the stream of water, then angled itself in a headfirst dive towards Skirrun. With the fierce momentum, heavy gravity, and the sheer hardness of Orville's skull and horns, the attack critically wounded Skirrun. It was sent soaring again, crashing into the Gym's tall white walls, then sliding down to the floor, unconscious.

Roy jumped joyfully. "Yeah!"

Orville was relatively unscathed, and stood confidently, allowing the sensation of victory to wash over him.

Pavo, shamed, kept his head down as he withdrew Skirrun. Roy could see a faint smile under the shade of his hair.

"Well done."

And with that, he walked out of the room.

Roy dashed over to Orville, and started praising him for their victory. The two enjoyed a brief sense of accomplishment, but that was interrupted by a figure in the doorway.

A girl walked in, who had similar colored hair and features to Pavo. She was clapping, slowly.

"You beat my little brother." she said. "Congratulations."

She seemed sarcastic.

"He's a rookie, like you. I, however, am not." she continued, less sarcastically. "My name is Katia. Get ready to lose."

Roy ran to the opposite end of the battlefield, and Orville followed suit, taking his place near the center.

Katia sent out a small, furry creature with huge ears. It's eyes seemed to spark with electricity.

Roy scanned the creature, discovering it to be a Furrage.

Spoiler:

Hmph. Electric type. This will be interesting.

Roy started the battle. "Orville, use Headbutt!"

Orville obeyed, and began to charge at the Furrage.

"Counter with Sand Attack, then follow up with Slam!" Katia ordered confidently.

Furrage kicked up dirt into Orville's face, causing the blue beast's eyes to tear up and miss the headbutt by a full few yards. He skidded to a stop, blinking, trying to rub out the dirt. Suddenly, Furrage came up from behind, and with the full weight of it's body, crashed into Orville. Orville cried in pain, and slid away.

"Guh!" Roy was startled. "You okay buddy?"

Orville caught itself, then stood firm.

"Good! Hit it with Icy Wind."

"Thundershock!" Katia ordered.

Orville whipped up it's icy breath, and fired a series of large sharp shards at Furrage. Furrage similarly charged up it's power, and let loose a massive bolt of electricity in Orville's direction. The two attacks collided in the air, resulting in an explosion of energy and vapor.

As the mist cleared, it seemed that both Pokemon were unharmed.

"Growl!" ordered Roy.

"Slam!" ordered Katia.

Furrage charged Orville, but missed when the Glacherd jumped out of the way. They turned to face each other again, and Orville snarled. The Furrage cocked it's head, and turned towards it's trainer, unsure how to react.

"Icy Wind again!" Roy shouted.

As Furrage was distracted, it was pierced directly by the shards, wincing in pain. It whipped back around, obviously seriously hurt.

"Headbutt!" Roy screamed.

"Thundershock!" Katia shouted, annoyed.

Orville charged at Furrage again, leaping in the air, mimicking the critical hit of the last battle. Before Orville could make contact, Furrage let loose another Thundershock, this time making contact, knocking Orville off course and crashing to the ground. The impact was immense, expelling a cloud of dust and dirt all around him.

"Oh no.." Roy verbalized. Was it over?

As the dust cleared, he saw an incredibly weak Orville struggling to stand up. Roy rushed for Orville's ball to recall him, but as he was about to call him back, Orville looked in his direction. He bleated angrily, which Roy understood to be a no.

"Finish it! Slam!" Katia shouted.

Orville struggled to his feet. Furrage charged, and dove in to Orville with it's shoulder. Orville, at the last second, rolled to the side.

"Icy Wind!"

Orville, with his last ounce of energy, let loose his frozen breath. The shards chased the Furrage, who desperately tried to outrun the attack. Unable to escape, Furrage took the hit and was knocked backwards.

Furrage landed from the blow, and with immense struggle, turned to face Orville. But before Katia could call out another attack, Furrage collapsed.

Roy fell to his knees in relief, and Katia fell to her knees in shock.

The sense of victory was heavily outweighed by Roy's worry for Orville.

Both Katia and Roy withdrew their Pokemon, and ran out of the room.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

ROY WINTERS:
Great battles!
Orville grew to Level 11 and learned Rock Throw! Orville gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one and a half hearts of Friendship!

Cadet One and Cadet Two have both been defeated and 600PD has been added to your Wallet!

Andie looks forward to your challenge!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had just walked back to the Gym from the Pokemon Center, and was ready to challenge Andie.

Andie sent out her first Pokemon, Faireeze, and Eric sent out Burcoa.

"Alright Burcoa, let's use String Shot!" Eric ordered, and the fuzzy little creature shot a blast of silk towards the fairy fish.

"Faireeze, Rain Dance!" ordered the opponent. Causing a drizzle to come down.

"Burcoa!" Use Tackle!" Burcoa charged at the fish and aimed for its gills. It was a critical hit, but Faireeze's Hydration ability caused it to heal a bit.

"Faireeze, time to Play ROUGH!" The young woman ordered her Pokemon, causing it to almost defeat Burcoa in a playful manner.

"Tackle!" Eric ordered again. Burcoa barely defeated Faireeze, and Badgrun was sent out after Faireeze was returned to its Pokeball.

"Badgrun, USE ROCK BLAST!" Andie ordered the mustelid. Burcoa fainted!

"Come back, Burcoa." Eric said returning it to its Pokeball and sending out Sprian.

"Sprian, it's your turn buddy! Use Bite!"

Sprian let out a loud hiss and bit Badgrun on the lower backside.

Badgrun flinched, but Sprian became paralyzed due to Static.

"Sprian! Use Disarming Voice!" Eric ordered. Sprian barely has the stamina to use this attack due to paralysis, but did it anyway, screeching maniacally.

"Badgrun, use Shock Wave!" Andie ordered, as the badger creature sent out a blast of electricity.

"Sprian, USE DISARMING VOICE AGAIN! YOU CAN DO IT!" Eric shouted, giving Sprian hope for the battle, and let out one last screech for the win. Badgrun was defeated, barely, and Eric waited to get the Ferry Badge before healing up again.
Eric hugged Sprian before returning it to its Pokeball.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

ERIC KOBA:
Good battles.
Sprian grew to Level 11. Sprian gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one and half hearts of Friendship!

Burcoa grew to Level 7 and learned Stun Spore!

You defeated Andie and received 600PD, which has been added to your wallet, and also received the Ferry Badge!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
The glowing light popped and water flew from the puddle, splashing Kiro once more. He, somewhat ineffectively, dried his face with his sleeve and looked up only to find, not Alliam, but a Gatmuir. Churbin instinctively used Gust as Kiro yelled and backed away from it. Visibly unaffected, this new creature stood 5ft tall and looked very much like what he'd imagine a Grass type Charizard to be. However after calming down, he realized that it was similar to Alliam, but larger. The pokèdex buzzed as what used to be Alliam stared him down. Kiro calmed as he realized what had likely happened and pulled out his pokèdex,
"Gatmuir, The Murky Water Pokèmon, and the evolved form of Alliam. Gatmuir are very rare to find in the wild, as they often live and sleep at the bottom of swamps. They live in large communities and look out for each other. They are known to be incredibly smart, and only surface when absolutely necessary. This Gatmuir's moves are, Bite, Growl, Absorb, Razor Leaf, and Bullet Seed."
Kiro gave a sigh of relief as his newly evolved partner helped him up, Of course it's you. "Wow, you got..." he looked Gatmuir up and down, "Taller. And a lot more ferocious looking." The giant lizard nodded expectantly and gave a forgiving look as Churbin flew to Gatmuir's shoulder. Kiro chuckled at the sight and gestured them to follow towards new adventures.

A wild Mantiby jumped out of tall grass and stared the group down, "Alright Allai- I mean Gatmuir, let's see what you can do. Use Bullet Seed." The Mantiby raised it's lip and charged, One, the mantis staggered. Two, the little bug took it like a champ. Three, Mantiby prepared to strike. Four, Bug Bite landed as the last seed knocked the pokèmon back. "Bite twice." The String Shot sealed Gatmuir's mouth and stopped the first snap, but this time his arms were long enough to remove it and throw the string back. "Absorb." The beams began slowly draining Mantiby as it frantically removed the disheveled string and used Bug Bite. "Intercept with Bite." Gatmuir turned and grabbed the Mantiby midair, then snapped rapidly before triumphantly throwing the fainted bug aside. "Those arms are already proving useful. On to the next one."

Now deliberately searching for pokémon to battle, he found a wild Fawbi and hoped it was stronger than the first one he encountered. This time the fawn was visibly ready, using Camouflage in the foliage to become a Grass type, " Your turn Churbin, use Gust." The parrot took off and cast a powerful wind with its wings. The Fawbi's advance was slowed but not halted as the tackle connected with a jump. Churbin couldn't fly too high because of the trees, so she instead perched herself on a branch and used Gust again. Kiro was glad his Pokèmon understood how the battle was supposed to go, but his attention was grabbed by Gatmuir toying with Absorb's beams. Crossing, coiling, and curving them, making shapes, sending them into each other head on, ect. Both were so entertained by the spectacle that they both missed the rest of the battle. Though it ended after a few turns, Churbin was slightly jealous and used a light Gust to grab their attention. Kiro smiled and teased, "What? Jealous?" The walked off to find another pokémon.

Coming across three Mantiby, Kiro realized that all the Mantiby he encountered so far were near the edge of the forest towards the cliff. "If only I had another pokémon, this'd be a triple battle. Oh well, 2v3. Churbin Gust, Al- Gatmuir," Man that's a name. "Use Razor Leaf." The baby parrot took off and the murky water lizard sent sharp leaves flying towards the three Mantiby. One use String Shot to slow Churbin's wings, while the other two went for Gatmuir with Bug Bite and were blown away by the wind afterwards. The leaves now gained speed and momentum by riding the wind. "Keep going!" The bugs flailed in the air and used string shot to catch onto something, however leaves kept getting in the way the first few times. Having now realized that the placement of trees were circulating the wind, and therefore the Razor Leaf, Kiro had Gatmuir use Absorb. The beams were sent into all three Mantiby with a bit of concentration. Now grounded with String Shot, the bugs pulled themselves to Gatmuir and ganged up on him with Bug Bite. Kiro's thoughts sped up as string latched to Gatmuir and pulled the group of Mantises into range. He wanted to attack but the bugs were now in too close proximity to the humanoid lizard to use Gust without friendly fire anymore. Fortunately he got an idea when his partner tried to swat the bugs and string away. That's it! "Churbin, get them off Gatmuir with Quick Attack!" The parrot stopped the wind and quickly flew by again and again, slamming into the bug in middle. In that time, still using Absorb, Gatmuir grabbed two Mantiby and in doing so was only hit by one Bug Bite instead of three, "Tie the strings together!" The lizard slammed the mantises into each other and wrapped their String Shots around the middle string. Now bunched together, all three Mantiby, and sometimes Gatmuir, were hit by each Quick Attack. The intertwined String Shot dissolved and the fainted bunch fell to the ground. "Yeah!" That, could've been much worse. Absorb really is my saving grace. I hope Gatmuir and Churbin get more type variety in their attacks.

Convinced that he'd scared anything else in the area away, Kiro began looking for one of those cabins he was told about. Casually walking through tall grass back towards the semi beaten path, he saw a tree stump with chopped wood around it. He assumed that it was a chopping block when a jolt of electricity shot ineffectively through the grass, popping occasionally near Kiro. He whipped around to find a Furrage surging with electricity. "Alright, last battle. Gatmuir, Bullet Seed!" Furrage used Quick Attack and was pelted by three seeds before the attack connected. "Again." One seed slammed into the ferret but the second fell to the ground midair as Gatmuir pulsed with electricity. Kiro gave an annoyed sigh, I'm starting to hate electric types... "Uh, Razor Leaf till it faints." Leaves flew forward, slashing along Furrage. The electric ferret dashed with Quick Attack and when Gatmuir was halted by the paralysis, another high speed tackle connected. The two traded attacks back and forth. Until the lizard grabbed the Furrage and held it tight. By doing this, the ferret couldn't escape when Gatmuir's paralysis kicked in. "Good. Bite it." His monotone voice showed Kiro wasn't following the battle much as he just wasn't really in the mood anymore. He looked up occasionally until the Furrage fainted. "Ugh, finally." He recalled Gatmuir to his pokéball and walked into the cabin with Churbin close by. Static...

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

KIRO IRAKUZA:
Good post!
Gatmuir grew to Level 18! Gatmuir gained half a heart of Friendship and now has two and a half hearts of Friendship!

Churbin grew to Level 16! Churbin gained half a heart of Friendship and now has two full hearts of Friendship!

Out in the wilderness, you found 260PD lying around, and also found a Cheri Berry!
Bag_Cheri_Berry_Sprite.png

DAY TWO OF JOURNEY IS ALMOST OVER

For those following the timeline cycle of Veriti, Day 2 (Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday) is almost over. Feel free to wrap up the day in your post and continue onto the next day. All up to you!
Day 3 is Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Handay.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia7"]Julia Clark[/alink id]
An Uneventful Walk Through the Forest
Path to Celeste City
[alink id="inv7"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia7[/a id]
Julia laid on the ground, her lips pursed in contemplation. A soft breeze tickled her nose, flowing through the forest. Light danced across her face, the shadows an echo of the leaves above that pirouetted in the wind. Her hair swathed around her head like a cradle, sheltering the fragile skull within.

She stole a glance at the drying pieces of paper from her journal; they had attempted to escape multiple times before Julia hampered them with rocks, now they just fluttered like lost souls attached to a grave. Pearl blocked her view, the Corscale was curled up into a tiny bundle. Julia stretched up to get a better look at the sheets. They were curled and rippled like they had been blowing in the wind, but frozen in time, tinged brown.

Julia shifted onto her side and reached over the sleeping Pokémon, feeling the paper crunch as she grabbed it. Sure enough, it was dry. Julia rose to her feet and began to collect the sheets. In the river babbling right next to her, Einstein swum in circles, enjoying the water. The girl bundled the paper into her arms and shoved it into her backpack, it crinkled loudly as it folded a bit. Pearl stirred and looked up at her owner expectantly. Julia massaged her eyelids, knowing that she would need to buy a folder to organize these papers some more. She swung her backpack onto her back, thankful that she owned extra notebooks, and that one of them had remained dry.

She returned Einstein to his Pokéball and began to walk down the path; Pearl bounding along close to her. She did not stray far from her trainer, and it was evident that they had grown close. The path wound through the forest, and they happened across a few Pokémon, but all of them ran away quickly, never having seen anything like Julia or Pearl before. As the two trekked through the forest, the sun began to set. They walked until dusk, when Julia was suddenly knocked over by a strong tackle colliding with her her right side, all of the air rapidly knocked out of her.

She slammed into the ground and groaned loudly. A Fawbi stood over her body, shaking with anger. The Pokémon had tan fur with a distinctive white spot pattern. She had large ears and a perky tail with tiny hooves. Pearl rushed into her, slamming the creature to the side with a Bullet Punch. Julia grimaced and straightened her body upright. The Fawbi skidded into a defensive position, baring her hooves against the dirt behind her. Julia looked past the Fawbi and noticed the broken body of another fawn Pokémon, vaguely camouflaged to the leaves behind it.

"Stop!" Julia called out. Pearl halted, looking back at her, confused. Julia slowly rose to her feet, arms outstretched, trying to show the Pokémon that she meant no threat. The Fawbi bared its teeth menacingly but Julia smiled a little. She was finally able to use her skills. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a Leppa Berry that she had found along the path. She presented it to the Fawbi, bowing her head nonthreateningly.

The creature stared at Julia, unconvinced. Julia glanced at the hurt Pokémon and knitted her eyebrows together. Its body was strewn out on the earth, heavingly slightly. A large, bright red gash crossed its side, a clear bite mark from some sort of predator. The woman skirted around the aggressing Pokémon and leaned down to the injured one. The protective Fawbi suspiciously watched Julia and stepped forward, warningly. Julia leaned over slowly and nudged the berry into the Pokémon's mouth. He chewed the berry and gulped it down, shuddering as it entered his digestive system.

Julia reached back and pulled out the potion she recently bought. She sprayed the gash with healing liquid, stinging the Pokémon and causing it to buck in pain. Julia patted the Fawbi's flank softly, soothing its palpitations. He calmed down a little, blood slowly trickled out of the wound. Julia picked her first aid kit out of her backpack and removed the gauze. She softly began to bind the wound, lifting up the fawn Pokémon as she wrapped it around his body. The other Fawbi trotted over to Julia and sniffed the back of her head.

The sun disappeared behind the trees.

Julia finished binding the Pokémon, and he carefully rose onto its feet. Julia supported him with her hands. She pursed her lips and spoke, "I can get you to a place to heal you, but you'll need to follow me, okay?" The female Fawbi nudged the male one in understanding, he teetered forward but fell to the ground. Julia quickly reached into her first aid kit to pull out a flashlight and put the rest back into her backpack. She scooped the Fawbi up in her arms and used the flashlight to light the way.

She began to walk, the other Fawbi immediately in tow and Pearl following loosely. It quickly became dark and the path became difficult to see. If Julia had not wasted so much time drying her papers she would no doubt be sound asleep in the first cabin already.

A howl echoed through the forest. The Fawbi behind Julia immediately froze and the one in her arms bucked wildly. It took everything Julia had to keep it from injuring itself. "That's not good..." Julia murmured. She picked up her pace, her arms were getting tired.

The group happened upon a large clearing in the forest, no doubt a result of past human activity. A cabin rested on the far end of the plain. The Fawbi turned on its heels rapidly, staring into the forest. Julia craned her neck to the side, hearing rustling behind her. The ghostly glint of glaring eyes flashed in the forest. Julia broke into a run immediately, the Fawbi she was carrying had likely been prey to one of these predators. A pack of Wolvip erupted out of the dark forest, barking like fiends. Julia dropped her flashlight. It shone on the pack.

The female Fawbi rushed after Julia, yipping as it ran. Pearl faced off with the pack, her eyes shooting daggers. The wolf pup Pokémon formed a semicircle around her and Julia skidded to a halt. The Fawbi ran around her in circles, yipping, as if to say, "What are you doing??"

"Pearl! Get over here now! There's no way you can take them!!" Julia yelled at her. The Wolvip pack growled, bearing fangs, but Pearl leaned into them, challenging. Pearl's metal plating glinted by the flashlight, surrounded by shadows of darkness with red eyes piercing the night.

The Wolvip in the middle of the formation, the alpha, leaped at Pearl and tackled her to the ground. She rolled over and slammed a Bullet Punch into its face smashing it into the soil. It latched onto her arm with Bite, the teeth punctured her steel protection. The Corscale's tails whipped around, slamming into the dark type Pokémon and ripping it off of her arm. Julia gasped, realizing that Pearl had learned a new move, Iron Tail.

The attacker tumbled across the grass and Pearl careened into it with another Bullet Punch, pushing it toward Julia and the two Fawbi. The scent of blood wafted through the air, and the Wolvip charged toward the wounded Pokémon, barking. Pearl called out in desperation, launching into a Rollout. From the command to move, the entire pack rushed toward the group of three.

Julia quickly backed up, but as the Wolvip leaped into her, Pearl slammed it to the side. She finished her Rollout and stood firm, putting herself in between Julia and the attackers in a protective stance, arms outstretched.

Pearl began to glow.

Julia looked on in amazement, as a bright white light enveloped her partner. She began to laugh in joy. The Wolvip were not so pleased about this development. They stopped dead in their tracks. Pearl's body rapidly grew and her arms extended, the form she was taking was only two feet shorter than Julia. The glow intensified, piercing the night, before fading to oblivion. Standing before her was a Ramtrill. Pearl had just evolved.

The cuteness Pearl had as a Corscale significantly decreased, now replaced with a kind of strength and power and that shone fear into the hearts of the Wolvip. Pearl had almost tripled in size. Her stubby legs and arms were replaced with thick, trunk-like appendages that ended in fearsome nails, half a foot long. Her blue eyes were slanted, positioned in a way that was better to observe her surroundings. Pearl's horns and ears both lengthened to become a foot long, counterbalancing the lengthening of her entire snout that was now decorated with sharper teeth for biting. The Ramtrill's iron plates interlocked into effective armor, thicker armor became more widespread. Her long double tails swished back and forth, an Iron Tail from them looked like it could cripple somebody permanently. She roared fearsomely.

The Wolvip near Julia immediately ran towards its pack, but Pearl galloped after it, moving with surprising agility for something that weighed so much. She launched into a Rollout, knocking the creature to the side and fainting it. Her attack rushed toward the pack, but they quickly vanished into the forest. At the edge of the woods, she jumped out of the attack and relaxed. The Ramtrill stepped toward Julia but tripped, she was not used to her new form. Julia laughed and Pearl looked up sheepishly. She was still her childish self.

After retrieving her flashlight, Julia brought the injured Fawbi to the cabin. No other people had arrived yet and she wondered if she and Brass were the only ones to beat Andie thus far. She tended to the Pokémon's wounds, but stared at the healing machine, unsure of what to do. If she did not capture the Pokémon, she could not heal it. She sighed and looked down to the two Fawbi, "Hey, uh, I would love to help you, but I really can't unless you join me on my journey." She paused, "Would that be okay with you?" She held out a Pokéball and looked to the protective Pokémon. It seemed to be the one with the stronger dynamic in their relationship.

The Fawbi eyed the ball, and Julia noticed a striking similarity between the two, they shared a spot pattern, something that should be unique to each of them. She surmised that they must have been twins. "I promise I will keep your sibling safe," Julia looked at the Fawbi with utter sincerity in her eyes.

The Fawbi nudged the Pokéball's button and was enveloped into it. Julia tapped the other Pokémon with a second Pokéball and waited. The two balls shook twice simultaneously and clicked shut. Julia nodded and placed all four of her Pokéballs into the healing machine. She stood still for a minute until the ding sounded. She smiled and released all four Pokémon.

"Hey, gang! Let's meet each other!" Julia grinned at the new arrivals to her team. "This is Pearl," She motioned to the hulking Ramtrill, "And this, is Einstein," She pointed at the small fish, which stared blankly at the two Fawbi. Julia gestured to the remaining Pokémon and said, "And these are, um..." She trailed off, "Summer and Sage!" Indicating the female and male Fawbi in that order, "They're twins!"

The Pokémon greeted each other in their own ways, Pearl by waving to them oafishly, Einstein by spraying everyone with water, Summer by nodding, and Sage by nuzzling up to Summer. "And that's that," Julia collapsed onto the lower bunk next to her with a sigh. She began to write in her new journal, but fell asleep with the lights on, hoping that whoever came along next would graciously turn them off for her.​
[a id]pearl7[/a id]

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 18 ♀ Corscale
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout, Iron Tail
Friendship/Love Meter:

History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost. Pearl helped Julia defeat Andie.

[a id]einstein6[/a id]

water.gif

Einstein, the Level 13 ♂ Minu
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect, Double Team
Friendship/Love Meter:

History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won. Einstein helped Julia defeat Andie.

[a id]inv7[/a id]

pokeball.png
Pokeball
x
potion.png
Potion
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png
Chesto Berry
Bag_Leppa_Berry_Sprite.png
"Leppa Berry"
Pokedex
QuickDev

Badges:

[alink id="pearl7"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein6"]
Einstein
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Path to Celeste City​

Wow a lot happened today, okay I'm going to write as much as I can before I fall asleep and forget everything. Good luck to me!!
So Brass and I were attacked by a swarm of Mantiby and separated. We were swarmed by friendly Krihte and I think that we were maybe in the Mantiby's territory so they attacked us? I'm fairly certain that Mantiby and Krihte are enemies, that's the best explanation I can come up with.
Then I fell into a river and all of my stuff got super wet, so I'm writing this in a new notebook. I was able to salvage the pages from my other ones so I should be okay, I just need to buy a folder to store them all, I have a lot of very interesting stuff in there.
As I was walking I encountered two Fawbi that I later added to my team, I'm pretty sure they're twins, I need to check with Blackthorn about that?? *needs further investigation.
I named them Summer and Sage. Sage was bitten by a Wolvip, although I'm not sure why he's still alive, maybe Summer fought it off?
We were chased by a pack of Wolvip and Pearl defeated the alpha and evolved, it was super eppic, she's a Ramtrill now., that was cool. Wow I'm really tired…
And then then we went to thee cabin and the______​

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Awesome post!
Your Leppa Berry and Potion have been removed from your Bag.
Congratulations! Pearl has officially evolved into Ramtrill! Pearl learned Flame Burst!
185_small_zpszg51ugsx.png

Both Pokeballs shook for for a second or two before stopping! Both Fawbi have been caught!
052_small_zpsszqydjz7.png

You caught a Level 7, Female, Fawbi (Summer) with a Serious nature! Details will be added to the first post momentarily. What's this? Summer knows an additional move, Double Kick!
052_small_zpsszqydjz7.png

You caught a Level 4, Male, Fawbi (Sage) with a Timid nature! Details will be added to the first post momentarily.
Einstein grew to Level 15! Einstein gained half a heart of Friendship and now has two full hearts of Friendship!

Oh my! Thanks to your training and your ability as a trainer, Einstein is ready to evolve! (He can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Out in the wilderness, you found 200PD lying around, and also found a Persim Berry!
Bag_Persim_Berry_Sprite.png

What's this? In the morning, Sage will return to you with an extra Berry thanks to his Pickup ability! A Sitrus Berry!
Bag_Sitrus_Berry_Sprite.png

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Blaze Tyron

Episode 3

From the cadet's pokeball appeared a fish-like pokemon with two different shades of blue. I got out my pokedex.
Skirrun, the Tiger Shark Pokemon. Usually always accompanying Faireeze, Skirrun are laid back and sociable. They blend in easily with the colors of waves, and when it wishes to rest, it buries itself in a bed of sand for hours at a time.
I looked over at Drister. "You ready to battle?" I asked. Drister nodded and jumped out into the battlefield.
The cadet spoke first. "Skirrun, use Aurora Beam!" he exclaimed, and from the Skirrun's mouth he unleashed a rainbow-colored beam towards Drister.
"Drister, dodge and use Bubble!" I exclaim. Drister barely jumped out of the way of the beam and unleashed a barrage of bubbles towards the Skirrun. The cadet told Skirrun to dodge, but Drister had the element of surprise. A few bubbles hit to do some damage before the pokemon got out of the way. The cadet, a little frustrated, issued another command. "Now use Water Gun!" So the Tiger Shark pokemon unleashed a stream of water headed straight for Drister.
"Ok, Drister! Counter with your own Water Gun!" I exclaim. Drister unleashes a torrent of water as well, and the two attacks collide, creating a small explosion. After the dust clears, no pokemon seems to have been hurt by the attack. Then the cadet issued another command.
"Skirrun, use Rain Dance!" the cadet ordered. So the Skirrun started summoning rain clouds onto the battlefield.
"Drister, use Tail Whip!" I exclaimed. So Drister wags his tail over at the Skirrun, and it registers a direct effect hit, as the Skirrun is in the process of making the clouds appear. Once Skirrun finished the Rain Dance, it started raining, but SKirrun seemed affected by the Tail Whip. But now, it was time for me to be the aggressor.
"Drister, use Water Gun and charge forward!" I commanded. So Drister charged forward while releasing the fast stream of water from his mouth.
"Skirrun, use Water Gun as well!" the cadet commanded. Both attacks collided, and like last time, created a cloud of smoke. But this time, the cadet quickly issued another command.
"Use Water Gun again into the smoke!" I panicked. I didn't know what to do. Drister was too close now to be able to cancel the attack with another Water Gun. But then an idea came to me.
"Drister, jump!" I command. From the top of the smoke, Drister appears, and the end of the Water Gun I see a moment later near the ground.
"Now, Drister. Headbutt!" I exclaim. Drister, from the air, starts charging down and lands a huge, direct hit onto the Skirrun, making another dust cloud. When the dust clears, Skirrun had fainted.
"SKirrun, return." the cadet said, then turning to me. "Good job, but there is one more. Are you ready, or do you need to heal?" The cadet asked.
"I think we are good. If I remember, I don't think we took damage." I replied.
"Very well. Good luck!" the cadet said, then walked back to the side, behind the wall near the back. A few moments later the second cadet came out.
"I am the second cadet! Good luck!" he said, pulling out a pokeball. "Furrage, I choose you!" he exclaimed, throwing out his pokeball.
"Ok, Drister, let's win this one too!" I said.

OOC
Spoiler:

I got out my pokedex to scan the pokemon.
While in most regions, each has a Pokemon that resembles Pikachu in some shape or form, Furrage is believed to be the 'Pikachu' of Veriti. However, to Veriti natives, Furrage stands on its own and makes a name for itself. It's as quick as a whip and because of its soft, pastel fur, it is coveted by many trainers across the region.
"It's an electric type, but we got this. I'm going to try a strategy we used on a wild pokemon earlier, so listen closely and be ready to respond Drister. Use Headbutt!" I exclaimed. So Drister started running towards the Furrage.
The cadet smiled. "That is not going to work. Furrage, dodge!" he commanded.
As soon as the word "dodge" was uttered, I immediately issued my command. "STOP!" Drister skidded to a halt, and the Furrage looked like it had dodged air.
"Now, use Bubble!" I commanded. The off-balance Furrage stood no chance as the Bubble attack made a direct impact, significantly affecting the Furrage. This seemed to frustrate the cadet.
"Furrage, use Thundershock!" the cadet said, and Furrage released lightning from his body towards Drister.
"Drister, counter with Bubble!" I exclaimed. The two attacks collided and created a cloud of smoke. When it had cleared, both pokemon seemed unharmed by the attacks.
"Ok, Drister, use Headbutt!" I said, hoping to enact the same strategy again. But this cadet was smart.
"Furrage, counter that by charging with your own Slam!" The cadet commanded. I wasn't sure what to do in this situation, so I tried to improvise before the two pokemon landed. "Drister, jump!" I commanded. But Furrage simply brought his tail up and directly hit Drister, sending him spiraling into the air even more.
"Furrage, use Thundershock!" he exclaimed, and Furrage unleashed another round of electricity towards Drister. I didn't know exactly what Frister was capable of, but I hoped he could focus enough to do my next command. "Drister, find the Thundershock and counter with Bubble!" Somehow, while Drister was in the air, he saw the bright yellow light and aimed a Bubble. The attacks collided and made another cloud of smoke. Drister dissapeared, but appeared a few moments later, falling and getting dangerously close to the ground. I had a feeling that the cadet would want to get another attack in once I hit the ground hard, so I needed to find a way to mitigate that. "Drister, use Bubble onto the ground to slow your fall!" I commanded. So Drister opened his mouth and unleashed bubbles onto the ground, trying to slow his fall. He hit the ground somewhat hard, but was able to get back up somewhat quickly. The cadet, hoping to get an attack in before he countered, issued another command. "Use Sand-Attack!" he commanded to the Furrage, who dug into the ground and shoved the dirt towards Drister, who got hit by it and temporarily blinded. He shook the dirt off but some of it was still stuck on his eye, blocking some of his peripheral vision. We paid no attention to that though.
"Drister, use Headbutt!" I commanded, and Drister started charging head-first towards the Furrage. In response, the cadet gave a command to the Furrage. "Use Slam!" Now I faced the same situation again. I couldn't dodge, because then its tail while just swipe around and hit Drister wherever he is. So, there only seemed like only option left. "Drister, give it everything you got!" I commanded. The two pokemon collided, and Drister's head was impacting the body of Furrage while Furrage's tail was trying to Slam Drister's head into the ground. This interaction kept going for a few moments, until Drister's head was slammed to ground as Drister pushed Furrage off of his feet. This created a dust cloud. When the dust cloud cleared, both pokemon were standing, but panting. Finally, Furrage fell over, unable to battle. The cadet returned the pokemon, then turned to me.
"Good job. You can now face Andie. Good luck. Do you need to heal?" the cadet asked.
"Yes." I replied.
"Alright then. When you come back, she will be waiting." the cadet said, then walked away, behind the wall. I also walked back the way I came, and went out the doors, sure to come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nice lady behind the counter handed my my pokeball back. "Have a great day!" she exclaimed. I took my pokeball and waved. "You too!" I said, then exited the Pokemon Center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I re-enter the doors to the pokemon arena. Sure enough, the lead protector, Andie, was standing there. She spoke when I stopped walking.
"Welcome back! I see you have defeated my cadets! But can you beat me? I have two pokemon! Good luck!" Andie said, and threw out a pokeball. A purple, fish-like pokemon appeared. I got out my pokedex.
Faireeze, the Nurse Shark Pokemon. Usually always accompanying Skirrun, Faireeze are delightful Pokemon to see underwater. The reflection of the waves cast shimmers through its sails and its scales glimmer brilliantly. Its beauty helps to distract predators and opponents.
"Hmm... Alright." I said. "So this will be sort of like the first cadet." I got out my pokeball. "Let's do another battle, Drister!" I exclaim, throwing out my pokeball. Drister appears, ready for action.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

BLAZE TYRON:
Good post!
Drister grew to Level 12 against Skirrun and Furrage! Drister learned Twister! Drister gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one and a half hearts of Friendship!

Cadet One and Cadet Two have been defeated and 600PD has been added to your Wallet!

Andie looks forward to your challenge!

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
The sky had visibly darkened soon after Kiro left the cabin. Apparently Wolvip only show up at night. Now with fully healed pokémon, he set out to battle a Wolvip by the end of the night. Careful not to stray too far from the cabin, Kiro wandered around tall grass and found a wild Mantiby. "Alright. Go Churbin. Use Sand Attack." Churbin emerged from the pokéball on his hip and used a spin move that kicked up dirt, blinding the mantis, to avoid the Mantiby's String Shot. "Gust." A wind blew the bug away as it struggled to clean its eyes. "Again." This time the mantis used Bug Bite but missed and was hit by more super effective wind. "Finish it." Churbin used Quick Attack, rolled to dodge a Bug Bite, and followed up with Gust after the attack connected. The Mantiby flew out of sight and fainted. Kiro gestured to move on and only ended up coming across another mantis. He sighed as he remembered that Mantiby are more common at night, "Ok. Gust, dodge, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, dodge, and Gust twice." Churbin quickly attacked in that order. She kicked up a wind, rolled away from String Shot and into a Quick Attack, spun into a Sand Attack and backed away from a Bug Bite, and dispatched the Mantiby with two heavy winds. Kiro was impressed that his pokèmon managed to follow through with that sequence of attacks so quickly.

A bit of wandering later, a wild Wolvip appeared. Heh, third times a charm. "Gatmuir, Bullet Seed." Two seeds slammed into the little wolf before it retaliated with tackle. "Again." The wolf was pelted by two seeds and used Bite, I give up. "Razor Leaf." Gatmuir flinched and was tackled. "Use Absorb and kick it when close." Red beams began draining Wolvip as it charged to tackle. The lizard pivoted and kicked the wolf away by its side. Wolvip rose used tackle again. Gatmuir kicked but the wolf jumped and pinned the lizard to the ground. Wolvip fainted upon being held in the air after using Bite. "Absorb saves the day again. Return." Kiro tapped his partner's pokéball and Gatmuir was sucked inside.

On his way back, another wild Mantiby appeared. How many of these things are there? "You know what to do." The baby parrot took off and flapped up a wind. A wave of tiredness passed over Kiro due to the repetition of Mantiby vs Churbin. The battle was a blur as he made sure he remembered were the cabin was. After a few checks, he was convinced that he knew where he was going when Churbin flew back. I'm not in the mood anymore. Kiro tapped her pokéball and watched as the red beam sucked her into it. Kiro stopped the moment he opened the door. The lights were on. Alarmed and cautious, he moved a hand over his pokéballs and used the other to slowly open the door. There were pokémon inside. Two Fawbi nuzzled together, a Minu amongst the group, and a Ramtrill by the bed.

Kiro relaxed as he saw someone sleeping on the bottom bunk and healed his two pokémon. Ramtrill... That's the girl who beat Andie. I wonder if anyone else beat her yet or if their partner evolved. Now somewhat more awake, he turned the lights off and looked to the bunks as he contemplated whether to sleep or have Gatmuir and Churbin battle first.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

KIRO IRAKUZA:
Good post!
Gatmuir grew to Level 19 against the wild Pokemon!
Churbin grew to Level 17 against the wild Pokemon!
What's this? Churbin has grown stronger thanks to your bond and is ready to evolve! (She can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Out in the wilderness, you found 140PD lying around, and also found an Aspear Berry!
Bag_Aspear_Berry_Sprite.png

Back