• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battling non-Pokémon creatures?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
So far, we've had a bit of a rise battling non-Pokémon creatures, especially in games such as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (with Glacial Body) and Super Pokémon Rumble (with Dark Rust).

We've also battled non-Pokémon creatures in Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 at PokéStar Studios, but they are only made as films.

Do you think there will be some battles that involve non-Pokémon creatures in Pokémon X and Y? Discuss your thoughts about if there will be battles involving non-Pokémon creatures, if you think there are going to be any... what would you like to see in Pokémon X and Y as a non-Pokémon creature that you battle?

Technically, I would like to see some mechanical structure that attacks you, in which is controlled by the evil team in the game, and you get to battle it and defeat it like a normal Pokémon would do, somewhat like in the anime.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This is what I was thinking about when predicting the story for the evil team. You could be facing the admins themselves, who are infused with Pokemon DNA to make themselves super humans whether it's their abilties or their phyiscal appearance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Since Black 2 and White 2 introduced this idea, I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible, but I do find it unlikely. Only if it's like 1 giant mecha or something. I wouldn't want the games filled with non-Pokemon enemies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
At first glance I was thinking negatively of the idea but once you mentioned the idea of fighting a villain's mech or some monster that's not considered a pokemon I warmed up to it.

It'd be an interesting concept.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's possible~ I mean, how many times have pokemon battled mechas in the anime? In Pokemon XD we almost got to battle a mecha too.. except we might of been like, "omg we get to battle a robot groudon?!" but he's all like, "NO! You will battle my minion, Sunflora!!" So yeah, I think it'll be a cool idea that during the story line, we get to battle some sort of mecha or something!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
We could have Pokemon fight ordinary animals! It would be a little one-sided, but entertaining none the less.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I kind of have a mixed opinion on this, if it's non-Pokemon creatures then I don't want to fight machines. If it isn't machines then it's probably going to be monsters and then it would just be the same as Pokemon except you can't catch them. There's just no way to please me with this idea unless they bring like meta-humans, actually weren't the Shadow Triad meta-humans but still chose to fight with their Pokemon at the end of the game?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I kind of have a mixed opinion on this, if it's non-Pokemon creatures then I don't want to fight machines. If it isn't machines then it's probably going to be monsters and then it would just be the same as Pokemon except you can't catch them. There's just no way to please me with this idea unless they bring like meta-humans, actually weren't the Shadow Triad meta-humans but still chose to fight with their Pokemon at the end of the game?

No, they were Ninjas, very good ones.

Personally I don't mind if it's mechas or monsters, as long as it's something.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I would never like to see this. Ever.

If I want to fight something other than Pokemon, I play another RPG. I play the Pokemon games to fight other Pokemon, not to fight random miscellaneous things.

Also, I have to sort of agree with Wings Don't Cry and say that there really isn't anything to fight other than Pokemon. Fighting machines and humans with Pokemon does not only seem extremely silly, but it also sounds boring (in my opinion! Maybe most people disagree). And fighting some non-human living being is basically fighting a Pokemon you are not able to obtain yourself, and that'd be pointless in a Pokemon game, really.

Some people might disagree, and that's fine! If Gamefreak does end up making a game like this, and people like it, good for them. It's just not something I would ever buy.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Pokestar studios was interesting. I'm all for something like that for real.

Either that or just something that is uncatchable and overpowered to give the player a boss-like challenge that a regular pokemon wouldn't typically give. The former part has at least been done with Ghost Marowak and Black/White Kyurem.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
If it is anything, I hope it isn't like a boss battle, however, it would be nice if you could use any attack outside of battle just for fun, I doubt you could burn down a city anyway xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If it is anything, I hope it isn't like a boss battle, however, it would be nice if you could use any attack outside of battle just for fun, I doubt you could burn down a city anyway xD

I kind of hope in a way that if there is any non-Pokémon battles, that would indeed be a really powerful boss of some kind.

'Cause seeing as some spin off games had that same sort of feeling, what if it's some huge creature that the evil team has made and ends up going berserk and no longer under their control, and that it actually can talk as well. Then you have to save the evil team and the entire world while it has both Xernias and Yveltal inside it.

It would be really interesting to see something really epic and feeling like as if it's a final boss in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. xD

I kind of have taken the concept from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

DTep

Arcanine4evar
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I don't like this idea either, i think if GameFreak started to take Pokemon in this direction in actual game play it would start to look like other rpgs and completely turn me off from the series. I mean especially if you started to battle other monsters that aren't Pokemon, it would become eerily similar to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and other games like that. Pokemon should stay Pokemon. It may not be the most popular opinion, i just don't want to see my beloved franchise get derailed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't want this at all unless it's like in PokeStar, like in B2/W2. But still, I'd rather keep the battling to Pokemon. Maybe animals in-game but honestly I'm not a fan of it being non-Pokemon creatures when it comes to battling because it'll just look like something that PETA put together (ya you know, that Unova parody, p interesting but still not great quality lmao).

Back